FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:16 am

Deep Bass Retreival

<<

Post Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:39 pm

Deep Bass Retreival

Hi all,

New to the forum, I've been searching for a piece of technology, preferably car audio, to reproduce the missing fundamentals present in most music recordings these days.

Having searched around for ages I came accross the Carver "Deep Bass Retreival" technology. Does anyone have any experience of this?

I would very much like to purchase any 12v technology that could achieve this? Anyone have a processor/eq/crossover for sale!? (must be willing to ship to the UK)

(I am looking on eBay atm, if I can afford to win any of the units on there, I will happily share the manual scanned at high quality, and build circuit diagrams for the remote control.)

Thanks very much

<<

mikekohut

TFM-45

Post Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:45 pm

You might also look into the Epicenter, or the EPIC-160 (both made by audiocontrol); however, not really sold on the advantages of such units - have you heard such a unit perform?
<<

jimw

TFM-6cb

Post Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:26 am

I use the sub bass generator on my Carver speaker controller for 99% of all the rock cd's I listen to. The box adds a bit of "color" but very tolerable for the extra umph that I'm used to with live music.

I'm so sick of the over compressed, over engineered, non-dynamic, low end lacking recordings of rock/pop music. Even simple acoustic music with single vocal tracks are destroyed on a regular basis. Sorry for the rant.

Return to Carver Car Audio