FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:38 am

carver powered by lightstar

<<

gregsub

Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:24 am

carver powered by lightstar

hello all
i have a piece of equipment i have no idea what it is or how to hook it up. Yes I am a new to this entire world of audio and am hoping with enough pictures someone can send me a drawing ( simple on how to hook all this up.) I willa dd the rest of the components later but this powered Sub? is my main issue..

if any knows Bob an engineer who use to work at carver and lived in woodinville with his wife i lost his contact info.... He is the guy who i got this from.

thanks!!!!!!!
greg@need4speed.com
Attachments
powersub.jpg
powersub.jpg (410.59 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:28 am

Re: carver powered by lightstar

This looks like a sub amp like the one that was recently on eBay, but not quite. You put it your input, it strips off the bass for your sub (and powers it), and passes the rest along to another power amp for you main speakers.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

gregsub

Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:05 am

yeah i didnt get off ebay.. Bob ( not carver) lived a couple houses down from me and thats where i got it from. I am not quite understanding what your suggesting by way of hooking this up. from the 5 channel to the main speakers or vice versa.

I will add a couple more pic.... My main speakers are 4 post connections for the cables

thanks again for taking a look and any advice. this is a great site.
Attachments
nadncarverpre.jpg
nadncarverpre.jpg (470.48 KiB) Viewed 1227 times
front sub IMAGE_023.jpg
front sub IMAGE_023.jpg (397.41 KiB) Viewed 1227 times
<<

gregsub

Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:26 am

i am aware my pictures suck, I will use a better camera when i get home... this where quick shots from my camera phone. sorry and thank you guys.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:53 am

Unfortunatly, the "Powerewd by Lightstar" was marketing BS.

There was nothing "Lightstar" about any of the 5.1 or 5.2 theater systems except for the screenprinted logo on the back.
The amps in those speakers were built be Bash, not Carver.
BASH Technology

I have 2 of them... they work pretty well, but nothing next to my real Lighstar amps....
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

gregsub

Post Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:45 pm

i had a nice long explanation of what i needed and lost my net connection! lost my work and long post...

I have looked and looked and cant locate information on how to properly set up my carver pre amp.. NAD 925 thx 5 channel and my "fake carever lightstar powered sub or center chanel combo

my main speakers 4' tall are carver with no ID on them but have 4 posts.. back speakers are simple s post...

The issue is wiring up these components properly. The entire system was carver but my main carver amp blew up and Bob exchanged me this Nad to help me out..

Can someone please make me a diagram on how to hook up these Amps properly? A map? Im pretty sure i have the speakers to the main amp but from the main amp to this carver sub and how that all intergrates into the system has me really jammed up.

Any thoughts ideas basic diagrams i will post better pics soon... thanks again for the time. I would love nothing more than to be able to enjoy this system.
<<

gregsub

Post Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:51 pm

here is a complete look at the backs.. diagram for dummy ( me special ed) would be so helpfull!
Attachments
IMAGE_041.JPG
IMAGE_041.JPG (1.18 MiB) Viewed 1164 times
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:03 pm

I'll do it, but I need a better photo, so I can see the writing on the back of the preamp.
I can't tell what's what for outputs.
Take close ups of each unit, and use more light, or a flash
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:16 pm

Ok 1st off, your photos suck :lol: I'll do what I can.

Here are the manuals for both the 5.1 and 5.2 Carver systems: http://www.matronics.com/Carver/
Note, your center channel does not look like EITHER of them.
I am guessing your center channel was a early prototype for the POWERED 5.2 system.
So I am going to show you how to wire them (based on it being basicly the same as my 5.2)

I'll be back with a drawing.

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:49 pm

You will need a "Y" cord for the sub RCAs... "turquoise"

I think this covers it though.
Attachments
5.1.jpg
5.1.jpg (1.36 MiB) Viewed 1139 times

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

gregsub

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:00 pm

I cant thank you enough. Thanks and i will now obsorb this infomation. Again high Praise! Seriously this is so awsome and so kind of you to hook me up like this. I fyour ever in Seattle area Hit me up and dinner, drinks are on me.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:04 pm

He's a cheap date, so your bill won't be over $5.00 if you bought him a six-pack.....

Oh crap! You said dinner and a drink. ](*,) You might want to rethink that. He'll order 5 Lobster tail and Ribeye specials.

Just kidding. Really, I am. Welcome to the forum.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:20 pm

treitz3 wrote:He's a cheap date, so your bill won't be over $5.00 if you bought him a six-pack.....
Oh crap! You said dinner and a drink. ](*,) You might want to rethink that. He'll order 5 Lobster tail and Ribeye specials.

Fuck that !!! I HATE lobster !!!!!!!!!!
I want the biggest moist chicken parm, angel hair pasta, great garlic bread covered in oil butter and parm cheese, and an ice cold glass of lemonaid (no ice)
Then I want some "COOK AND SERVE" (fuck that instant shit) Chocolate pudding with marchmellows in it.

I'm cheap! but far from easy. [-X

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

toucanet

M-400t CUBE

Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:19 pm

Toy Maker wrote:
treitz3 wrote:He's a cheap date, so your bill won't be over $5.00 if you bought him a six-pack.....

Fuck that !!! I HATE lobster !!!!!!!!!!
I want the biggest moist chicken parm, angel hair pasta, great garlic bread covered in oil butter and parm cheese, and an ice cold glass of lemonaid (no ice)
Then I want some "COOK AND SERVE" (fuck that instant shit) Chocolate pudding with marchmellows in it.

I'm cheap! but far from easy. [-X

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to List / Update Your System