FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:41 am

How about an update, ferrari?

<<

TNRabbit

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 13259

Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am

Location: TN Native Languishing in VA

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:03 am

How about an update, ferrari?

ferrari wrote:Hi everyone, I hope everyone is still doing ok.....
I have added another tfm-75 to my list. I am still working on my dream surround system. I have a lead on another set of platinums. That will give me 6 sets of the mark 4 platinums. One set to go. I still have 10 mint silver 9ts and 4 tfm-75's.
I hope to get my system together around the end of the year.Take care everyone
Terry ferrari/yugo


SO, this was from Oct 2009; did you get your system up "around the end of the year"??

:D
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 2857

Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 9:33 pm

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:50 am

Re: How about an update, ferrari?

"That will give me 6 sets of the mark 4 platinums. One set to go. I still have 10 mint silver 9ts and 4 tfm-75's."

Holy Shit! He's probably dead from a terminal case of OCCD! :-({|= :lol:
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

thuffman03

User avatar

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Posts: 2692

Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:07 am

Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:21 pm

Re: How about an update, ferrari?

OCCD to the max! That is a lot of power!
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

treitz3

User avatar

"Julian"
"Julian"

Posts: 7746

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:39 pm

Location: The tube lair in Charlotte, NC

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:00 pm

Re: How about an update, ferrari?

I'd like to have an update on whether or not he's gonna be making it to Carverfest this year.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

TNRabbit

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 13259

Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am

Location: TN Native Languishing in VA

Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:39 am

Re: How about an update, ferrari?

TNRabbit wrote:
ferrari wrote:Hi everyone, I hope everyone is still doing ok.....
I have added another tfm-75 to my list. I am still working on my dream surround system. I have a lead on another set of platinums. That will give me 6 sets of the mark 4 platinums. One set to go. I still have 10 mint silver 9ts and 4 tfm-75's.
I hope to get my system together around the end of the year.Take care everyone
Terry ferrari/yugo


SO, this was from Oct 2009; did you get your system up "around the end of the year"??

:D


*BUMP*

Terry? (email sent)
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

toucanet

M-400t CUBE

Posts: 150

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:13 pm

Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:52 pm

Re: How about an update, ferrari?

Inquiring minds want to know...
<<

ferrari

User avatar

TFM-35

Posts: 429

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:38 pm

Location: Vermont

Post Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: How about an update, ferrari?

Hi Guys, Well I am as close to what I wanted at last. I didnt score on the last pair of speakers that I wanted. So I have 5 sets set up in a 5 position surround setup. The bass is incredable so I dont use my M&K subwoofers. I just traded another set of 9ts for another tfm75. Now I have 8 9ts that I dont use now because I run 5 ea tfm75s for this system. So far so good. I love this setup
Ferrariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.......
keep the faith my friends :)
<<

My Dog Ziggy

Newbie

Posts: 36

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Location: Birmingham, AL

Post Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:31 pm

Re: How about an update, ferrari?

Wow, that's nice. =D> =P~
<<

engtaz

User avatar

"TAZ"

Posts: 5164

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:43 pm

Location: Tampa, FL

Post Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:33 pm

Re: How about an update, ferrari?

Cool How many separate electrical runs do you have to support the true power of the 75's? Hope fully 10 or 12 (for the next 75). You need to take pics or video of the setup so we can enjoy the work of art you are assembling. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
engtaz


Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Zoot Horn

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 2768

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:26 pm

Location: 4th Tower of Inverness

Post Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:34 pm

Re: How about an update, ferrari?

ferrari wrote:Hi Guys, Well I am as close to what I wanted at last. I didnt score on the last pair of speakers that I wanted. So I have 5 sets set up in a 5 position surround setup. The bass is incredable so I dont use my M&K subwoofers. I just traded another set of 9ts for another tfm75. Now I have 8 9ts that I dont use now because I run 5 ea tfm75s for this system. So far so good. I love this setup
Ferrariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.......



Waaaaaaaaa,, Terry,, sorry to hear that you are down to 4 pair of 9T's,, times are tough,, you'll make it somehow,,I know you will. :-"
<<

toucanet

M-400t CUBE

Posts: 150

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:13 pm

Post Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:30 pm

Re: How about an update, ferrari?

ferrari wrote:Hi Guys, Well I am as close to what I wanted at last. I didnt score on the last pair of speakers that I wanted. So I have 5 sets set up in a 5 position surround setup. The bass is incredable so I dont use my M&K subwoofers. I just traded another set of 9ts for another tfm75. Now I have 8 9ts that I dont use now because I run 5 ea tfm75s for this system. So far so good. I love this setup
Ferrariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.......


Ferrari or someone else,

For some reason, I keep thinking of the Carver Silver 9Ts when I read about your 9Ts. I read in a previous post that only 4 pairs of the Silver 9Ts were made.

Can someone explain the difference to a cross-eyed inbred like me? :(
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Posts: 1127

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:40 am

Location: North Carolina

Post Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: How about an update, ferrari?

You're confusing the Silver 9 with the Silver 9t. The "T" model is a solid state monoblock voiced to sound like the Silver 9 tube amp.
<<

toucanet

M-400t CUBE

Posts: 150

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:13 pm

Post Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:47 pm

Re: How about an update, ferrari?

weitrhino wrote:You're confusing the Silver 9 with the Silver 9t. The "T" model is a solid state monoblock voiced to sound like the Silver 9 tube amp.


Thanks for the clarification.

toucanet

Return to List / Update Your System

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2011 phpBB Group.