FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:45 am

Dyeraudio's updated rig.....

<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:46 pm

Dyeraudio's updated rig.....

Well not much has changed except for my Pre.....Used to have a mint CT-23 that Bob signed at CF '08....sold that one to get a better one....ended up with a mint in-box CT-29 with all factory goodies and packaging....it arrives tomorrow.....anyway...here is my system as it sits now...a mint SD/A 490t on Vibra-Cones I got for $70 :shock: from a lady in New Jersey...her dad passed and it was "free" with a $50 cabinet of misc. gear....I just bought the CDP......my TFM-45 that I paid $200 for from a guy in Ohio...he was the original owner....Skip =D> now has the other 490t that I also bought from him......$400 for the pair......Rita just re-furbed my TFM-45 and it arrived Tuesday.....and last is the CT-29...it arrives Friday from Arizona...(current Pre in pic is a CT-28V)..all my cabling is PS Audio...a pair of 0.5M Statements from CD to Pre and a 1.0M pair from Pre to Amp....speakers are cabled with PS Audio Plus wired to the Treble and Statements to the Bass inputs on my LINN Keilidh speakers.........power is fed through an APC Line-R 600......next upgrade is some sort of PS Audio or Richard Gray conditioner........Audio Advisor out of MI provides the stand......I have just over $1000 in the whole system......just gotta get Bob to sign my new Pre at CF '10.......enjoy all....BTW...sorry for the poor quality pics....* notice Rita's autograph on the amp....cool.... 8)
CARVER CT-29V, CARVER TFM-45 (Rita-furbished) ,CARVER SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers, PS Audio I/C's, PS Audio Statement & Plus Speaker Cables, APC Line-R 600 conditioner, Vibra-Cones
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:27 pm

Re: Dyeraudio's updated rig.....

Beautiful~

but that left speaker next to the wall is throwing your imaging ALL out of whack==
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:13 pm

Well I am kinda limited for space....for now......plus LINNS are designed to be 6" to 8" from the wall......and that wall is only 15" out and returns back to the left......its a flue-chase.....
CARVER CT-29V, CARVER TFM-45 (Rita-furbished) ,CARVER SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers, PS Audio I/C's, PS Audio Statement & Plus Speaker Cables, APC Line-R 600 conditioner, Vibra-Cones
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:33 pm

Beautiful. How does it sound to you?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:35 pm

Absolutely amazing! I think it helped listening for a year with bad caps...I loved it when it was not 100% so now I REALLY enjoy it! It may not be top of the line but it is to MY ears.......
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:07 am

Love it! Very nice and neat. =D>
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:17 am

TNRabbit wrote:Beautiful~

but that left speaker next to the wall is throwing your imaging ALL out of whack==

Trust the Rabbit, he definitely has plenty of experience with the imaging issue, however he was able to discover that's what happens when you put a giant POOL TABLE in between your speakers and your listening chairs. #-o :lol: (Totally cheap shot there Rabbit, but you know I just had to)..... all in good fun, and I think I have one coming from you now :D

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:01 am

Rainman wrote:
TNRabbit wrote:Beautiful~

Trust the Rabbit, he definitely has plenty of experience with the imaging issue, however he was able to discover that's what happens when you put a giant POOL TABLE in between your speakers and your listening chairs. #-o :lol: (Totally cheap shot there Rabbit, but you know I just had to)..... all in good fun, and I think I have one coming from you now :D

Rainman

Touche`, Mike~ :lol:

You MIGHT be surprised, however... 8)
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:27 am

You absolutely have a gorgeous setup. Congrats
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:22 am

Very nice. I like Bob's signature on your 490t. It stands out and looks good.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:37 pm

thuffman03 wrote:Very nice. I like Bob's signature on your 490t. It stands out and looks good.

Mr. Carver definitely buys quality paint markers and knows how to use them. Scott, you were present the first time Bob came to 'CF' don't you agree it's a heck of a gesture to us that he is always so happy to sign our gear!
I asked him at last 'CF' if when he started his career by building his first amp if he imagined he would ever be asked for an autograph and then having people ask him to autograph equipment?

Mr. Carver replied with ""No never in a million years did I ever think I would sign a single autograph not to mention be placing my signature on the faceplates of peoples gear in gold! I still can't believe that there this wonderful thing called Carverfest and everyone does this because of me!
Thinking back to building my first amplifier out of spare parts and using the Folgers can for a chassis because I couldn't afford to buy a real chassis :-k ... heck I only built the Folgers can because I was bored and thought I could make my stereo sound better, so here I am many years later and now there's Carverfest. \:D/ I still can't believe you all do this for me!""

It was totally awesome to be the lucky person who had the Privelage of being able to contact Mr. Carver and officially invite him to an event being held in his honor called Carverfest!

Rainman
Attachments
Copy of IMG_0677.JPG
Copy of IMG_0677.JPG (42.45 KiB) Viewed 1468 times
Signature.jpg
Signature.jpg (16.68 KiB) Viewed 1468 times
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

My Dog Ziggy

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:48 pm

engtaz wrote:You absolutely have a gorgeous setup. Congrats

+1. Very Nice. =D>
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:04 pm

My Dog Ziggy wrote:
engtaz wrote:You absolutely have a gorgeous setup. Congrats

+1. Very Nice. =D>

+2 Looks real nice.
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:56 pm

Thank you everyone for your gracious comments! =D> It has been alot of fun searching the Internet and chasing various leads to acquire the gear I have....I am pretty sure I am finally done for awhile as far as buying gear....a nice conditioner maybe......but I know that when I sit down to listen to music I know that I will get up fully satisfied with what I have just heard....and it didn't put me in the red to do it either....I only hope that I get the chance to meet and hang out with the newer members (and veterans)here at CF '10.....thanks again everyone!

P.S......BTW...hey Mikey....dammit....don't hijack my thread !!!! LOL..... :lol:
Last edited by dyeraudio on Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:04 pm

dyeraudio wrote:Thank you everyone for your gracious comments! =D> It has been alot of fun searching the Internet and chasing various leads to acquire the gear I have....I am pretty sure I am finally done for awhile as far as buying gear....a nice conditioner maybe......but I know that when I sit down to listen to music I know that I will get up fully satisfied with what I have just heard....and it didn't put me in the red to do it either....I only hope that I get the chance to meet and hang out with the newer members (and veterans)here at CF '10.....thanks again everyone!

"You are never finally done for awhile". There is this thing called OCCD. The more time you spend on this forum, the worse it gets! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Next

Return to List / Update Your System