FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:27 pm

Dyeraudio's updated rig.....

<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:10 pm

Re: Dyeraudio's updated rig.....

Don wrote:"You are never finally done for awhile". There is this thing called OCCD. The more time you spend on this forum, the worse it gets! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The OCCD can definitely get out of control, just ask Kingman he is the undisputed heavyweight OCCD champ. With Dyeraudio's current remission of his OCCD there is still the potential for complications because it can REALLY get out of hand when your OCCD is complicated by the "Linn Virus" :lol:

By the way your new rack looks like a million $$ Scott (way bad a$$!)

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:21 pm

Current update members....just ordered the "finishing touch"....a 24 X 36 print of "Blown Away" by Steve Steigman...my current avatar....to hang above my system....always loved that ad

CARVER CT-29V, CARVER TFM-45 (Rita-furbished) ,CARVER SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers, PS Audio I/C's, PS Audio Statement & Plus Speaker Cables, APC Line-R 600 conditioner, Vibra-Cones
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Sweet! Before you hang it bring it by and we will have Rainwoman take it to the office and burn me one on one of their ultra $$$ high speed scanner,copier,printer,faxer,sorter,coffee maker thingys
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

gunner64

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:08 pm

Nice,I got that one too.Art.com has them,printed on nice heavy material,not that cheap poster quality crap.My girlfriend bought it for my birthday,not sure what she paid,but it looks like a million bucks behind my rig.The Art.com ones are nice.They have all kinds of stuff,lots of musicians.
<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:07 pm

NOWmy rig is complete.... :D

CARVER CT-29V, CARVER TFM-45 (Rita-furbished) ,CARVER SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers, PS Audio I/C's, PS Audio Statement & Plus Speaker Cables, APC Line-R 600 conditioner, Vibra-Cones
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:20 pm

Most excellent! I bet that sounds nice, love the picture!
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:10 pm

sweeeeeeeet
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:55 am

Very nice system. Great clean look to what you have there. I hope my setup looks that nice when I'm done.
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:54 pm

A new set of speaker spikes on the way soon......Rainman has quite a few strong points AND experimentation with speaker adjustment........thanks Mikey!
<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:35 pm

Another tweak.......My LINNs did come with the Ku-Stone bases, which are pre-drilled for M8 speaker spikes......however.....LINN speakers, being made in Scotland, make it hard to acquire their spikes. :( If you care to spend approximately $50 on eBay.UK you can get a set. Having a brother-in-law who has a machine shop in his garage also helps.....and saves quite a bit of money.....The spikes are hardened M8 bolts about 2 1/2" long....he cut the head off and machined a 60 degree spike 1/2" long...the "cups" are 3/8" by 1" stainless steel bar stock. Now I haven't had time for tweaking yet but I can tell you that they sound like a COMPLETELY different set of speakers! \:D/ The Ku-Stone base is EXACTLY 1" off the floor. Anyone interested in anything similar please contact me. I will be happy to oblige! :D *Please excuse the Blackberry quality pics.....
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:26 pm

Your system and it's visual effect is outstanding! The custom spikes are icing on the cake! Congrats!!!! =D> \:D/ =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:36 pm

dyeraudio wrote:NOWmy rig is complete.... :D

That looks like a good place to be.

That poster was made to sell audio Cassette Tapes.
I guess the audio medium has improved faster than the audio art as none of the new art selling new formats is that good.

I like that.
<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:39 pm

kingman wrote:Your system and it's visual effect is outstanding! The custom spikes are icing on the cake! Congrats!!!! =D> \:D/ =D>

Thanks Wayne! I cannot believe how much of a difference they made....They used to sit flat on a carpet floor and are now elevated on all hardwood.....NOW I feel like I am getting the most from my speakers.......still need to spend some time tweaking but what a HUGE difference!
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:47 pm

dyeraudio wrote:
kingman wrote:Your system and it's visual effect is outstanding! The custom spikes are icing on the cake! Congrats!!!! =D> \:D/ =D>

Thanks Wayne! I cannot believe how much of a difference they made....They used to sit flat on a carpet floor and are now elevated on all hardwood......HUGE difference!

Difference? In looks or sound? :-s
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
Klipsch KW-120 (2)
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:51 pm

jjptkd wrote:
dyeraudio wrote:

Thanks Wayne! I cannot believe how much of a difference they made....They used to sit flat on a carpet floor and are now elevated on all hardwood......HUGE difference!

Difference? In looks or sound? :-s

Betcha sound..... 8)
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
PreviousNext

Return to List / Update Your System