Dougs system is together!

<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:22 am

Re: Dougs system is together!

bsturgeon89 wrote:
helicopterpilotdoug wrote:
engtaz wrote:Those SRS 2's have a big sound stage and sound presents. Congrats I would pull them out to the front of the entertainment rack. Better imaging.

You know I think the same thing, but on CP, people always say to keep them close to the rear wall, or you will have funky bass. I'll do some experimentation, and see how it works. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

This is what I'm struggling with now. Pull them out or leave them back. I use a sub and the SMS-1 so the bass might not be such an issue. I'm still getting a good soundstage but the wall they are on is 15 feet wide. Right now they are 7 inches off the wall. I just moved them back tonight. They were about 12-13 inches off. Can't really do any listening right now to hear the effect.

I did pull them out to the front of the rack, and really don't notice any difference in the bass. This puts the backs of the speakers 13 in. from the wall. And they do put out AWESOME bass! No need for a sub when listening to 2 channel.
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:09 am

Any new updates, Doug?
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:24 am

Not much to report, other than the new CRM2 prototype/concept speakers I just picked up. Those may end up replacing the Polk Audio Monitor 10A's in my shop system, but will be trying them in the main system. I really like the highs from these speakers, and finally see what all the hoopla is about concerning the ribbons. Much sweeter sound than the dome tweets.

The only updates I've done to my main system are upgrading to new interconnects and speaker cables, made by yours truly. My turntable is out of action due to a problem with the cartridge. The sound I'm getting is very lifeless, and just not pleasing at all. I'm thinking very seriously about replacing everything from the cart to the RCA's to improve the overall sound. That will be awhile though, until I can get some more funds together to do it. Of course if someone came along with a great cart, and wanted to do a little horse trading for cables, it might happen quicker. :D
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
Previous

Return to List / Update Your System