FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:28 pm

LOOK WHAT THE KINGMAN GOT FOR HIS B-DAY!!!!

<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: LOOK WHAT THE KINGMAN GOT FOR HIS B-DAY!!!!

Sorry...double post...internet acting up!!!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:04 pm

kingman wrote:
Any old excuse will do to satisfy OSCD. What was the recent purchase of the Lightstar, a warm up pre-Birthday present?
...Lightstar was on a whim...CRM-2's were a curiosity...I can't stand to wonder!!! Plus a natural progression in ribbons. I wanted to see if all the hype was real. So far...yes.

Wayne,

Since you haven't sent them to me for an in-depth ongoing and continual 2 year review, :lol: :lol: :lol: once you get these puppies dialed in with your sub and lived with them for awhile, share your thoughts with us vs the ALS's. :-k
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:34 pm

Don wrote:
Wayne,

Since you haven't sent them to me for an in-depth ongoing and continual 2 year review, :lol: :lol: :lol: once you get these puppies dialed in with your sub and lived with them for awhile, share your thoughts with us vs the ALS's. :-k

I still have a pair of AL III's and one pair left of the CRM-2's and yes ONCE you have them Dialed in and did some a/b stuff I too would love to hear your thoughts! to me the AL III's are better room speakers to share with guest etc and the CRM-2's are good one on one focused sweet spot listening...
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

stereo_buff

TFM-55

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:21 pm

Scarabeo wrote:
Don wrote:
Wayne,

I still have a pair of AL III's and one pair left of the CRM-2's and yes ONCE you have them Dialed in and did some a/b stuff I too would love to hear your thoughts! to me the AL III's are better room speakers to share with guest etc and the CRM-2's are good one on one focused sweet spot listening...

I agree with you about the "one on one focused sweet spot listening" but the AL-III horizontal dispersion shouldn't be much (if any) wider than the AL-III, given the similarity of the ribbons. Though I don't own them any longer, I previously listened to AL-IIIs for a few years and prefer the CRM-2, based on comparisons I did at the time. For a sheer, wall-of-sound experience, however, the Phase Linear Andromeda IIIs that I owned prior to the AL-IIIs are hard to beat!
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:26 pm

Thats the wonder of it all...everyone has a preference. I'll let you folks know in the next couple weeks how the ab/setup sounds to me.
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:38 pm

stereo_buff wrote:
Scarabeo wrote:
Don wrote:
Wayne,

I agree with you about the "one on one focused sweet spot listening" but the AL-III horizontal dispersion shouldn't be much (if any) wider than the AL-III, given the similarity of the ribbons. Though I don't own them any longer, I previously listened to AL-IIIs for a few years and prefer the CRM-2, based on comparisons I did at the time. For a sheer, wall-of-sound experience, however, the Phase Linear Andromeda IIIs that I owned prior to the AL-IIIs are hard to beat!

Well so far I have agreed with you totally and on this post I still do However the AL III's open in the back (Ribbon firing forward and Backward) opens the sound up for more listeners and the CMR-2's are Forward to whom there set up for only. That is the only game changer I mean one from the other speaker. Wall reflections over Direct...
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

TORO3

M-400t CUBE

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:52 pm

"one on one focused sweet spot listening"

I couldn't have said it any better. Not too long ago I switched everything up while moving some stuff out of the apartment. For about two weeks I had the CRMs elevated, separated, and away from the wall to achieve the "sweet spot" I've been missing. It totally threw the room off and was really inconvenient, but it sure did sound good.

Because school is back in session, I had to put everything back (on top of my TV stand). It doesn't sound as nice, but I still spend a good chunk of time listening to them before I hit the sack.

Congrats Kingman!
Sunfire CRM2s, Sunfire CRS3C, Sunfire Cinema Seven, Harmon Kardon AVR240, Sony RCD-W5000

UDUB Football!
<<

Snoop65

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:23 pm

So Kingman, what does your complete set up consist of now?
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:55 pm

Snoop65 wrote:So Kingman, what does your complete set up consist of now?

Ha Ha, this is not the JOKE forum.
(Toy, could you put this in the right area)

If Kingman hooked up all his stuff --- 8) 8) 8)
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:03 pm

OconeeOrange wrote:
If Kingman hooked up all his stuff

What, He would be King? :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:14 am

new thread I hope
Attachments
23d38b6b-7453-4d41-b301-dd09f2d6d2fb.jpg
23d38b6b-7453-4d41-b301-dd09f2d6d2fb.jpg (32.94 KiB) Viewed 442 times
Last edited by OconeeOrange on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Snoop65

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:49 am

I will refrain from the homo jokes but if you drink too many beers things could get interesting! LOL!!! Enjoy the listening session!!!
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:50 am

kingman wrote:Thats the wonder of it all...everyone has a preference. I'll let you folks know in the next couple weeks how the ab/setup sounds to me.

preference is the key. I get more Joy from the 2's over the 3's - I am not much for "Bright speakers" German speakers seem to fit this bill like Canton also speakers with Horns - I look for speakers that I can listen to for Hours at good volume with no fatigue!!! I did get that from the CMR-2's but not too bad. they are smooth and enjoyable but not for hours. I find the Platinum's are perfect in this dept - I can listen to them for 6 hours (LOUD) and have no Fatigue / Headache or anything - The Big POLK'S SDA's are good for this but weak in the low end. Infinity's are Good speakers the Kappa 9's are sweet and any of the upper line one's \:D/ NO speaker in the world I have heard is better at this then my Door speakers and there imaging is 2nd to none...
Now that I have said that I would like your thoughts on if you think the 2's are in any way "Bright" speakers and could give you fatigue if you only spent 1 hour listening to them???
Previous

Return to List / Update Your System