FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:46 pm

New Stuff...

<<

austinstephens

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:47 pm

New Stuff...

I've purchased a California Audio Labs Tube Sigma II DAC, and the Delta CD Transport...The sound is totally awesome. I have heard things in my cd's that I haven't heard before. Great transparency and warmth. I am rediscovering my music collection again..These things are built like a tank. I am using a Kimber Kable AGDL silver Digital Cable, and connects..What more can I say?

Time for a little Jethro Tull "Thick As A Brick MFSL" and a drink...

As Bob would say...."Enjoy The Music"....
Attachments
rsz_1cal1.jpg
rsz_1cal1.jpg (254.87 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
rsz_1cal4.jpg
rsz_1cal4.jpg (188.91 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
rsz_1cal2.jpg
rsz_1cal2.jpg (164.14 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
"Despite all the amputations, she could dance to a rock and roll station, and it was all right"....Lou Reed
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:50 pm

Re: New Stuff...

As Bob would say...."Enjoy The Music"....

X2 Nice!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:08 pm

Congrats and enjoy.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:09 pm

Thick as a brick....saw them do that one....recording is good....leave it at that....still a Tull fan...Aqualung!!!! 8)
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:03 pm

Very nice ! =D>
<<

austinstephens

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:35 pm

Hi Kingman..

Thick Side 2 is good... The flip side. Great to relax to.. There are only 2 songs on that album, as you probably know...I Bought it in '72 right off the shelf..Vinyl, records.. I sure miss those..

Aqualung was his Magnum Opus...I agree... Great Album!!!

But Thick was his underrated follow up...I saw them in 72 on the Aqualung Tour, and Knave in 87...

Yes, I'm that old.

Martin Barre is a very underrated guitarist....

Oh yes, did I mention that I'm seeing them again with Kansas at Red Rocks in June??

I'll post pics..

Markie \:D/
"Despite all the amputations, she could dance to a rock and roll station, and it was all right"....Lou Reed
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:36 pm

Thanks for sharing and that CARVER sign sure tops it off!!! =D> =D> =D>
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:36 pm

A question, if you don't mind...

How did you come about hearing of, or learning of these new toys in the first place?

Oh, my manners....congratulations on the new gear!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

austinstephens

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:59 am

Howdy treitz3...

CAL made some of the finest audio gear. Mostly CD players, DAC's and transports. They are known for high quality sound and construction. I guess I heard of them as far back as the late 90's when I did a lot of reading and keeping up with the "trends"..They put a lot of effort into bringing warm vinyl sound to CD's..Also, the gear was quite expensive. But in the used market, the prices have dropped. A few pieces can be found on Audiogon and Fleabay..I have their DX-1 CD player, and always loved the warm sound it produced..But it's no match to my Delta and Sigma II DAC.

I know I will be stoned for saying this, but I love all my Carver gear.., but just never cared for the Carver CD players...There, I said it... #-o

CAL made an awesome power amp that put out like 800 true watts and high current..But like the TFM 75, it's quite rare..

They were getting into the Home Theater market, and made some great DVD stuff..Their parent company was bought by another company that was not interested in home audio, and CAL was forced out of business around 2005.....That totally sucked...But like Carver, there are repair shops that specialize in CAL gear..

Oh, and thanks for the manners, but I just can't call you "Sugar cock"... :lol:

M
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:59 am

austinstephens wrote:Howdy treitz3...

CAL made some of the finest audio gear. Mostly CD players, DAC's and transports. They are known for high quality sound and construction. I guess I heard of them as far back as the late 90's when I did a lot of reading and keeping up with the "trends"..They put a lot of effort into bringing warm vinyl sound to CD's..Also, the gear was quite expensive. But in the used market, the prices have dropped. A few pieces can be found on Audiogon and Fleabay..I have their DX-1 CD player, and always loved the warm sound it produced..But it's no match to my Delta and Sigma II DAC.

I know I will be stoned for saying this, but I love all my Carver gear.., but just never cared for the Carver CD players...There, I said it... #-o

CAL made an awesome power amp that put out like 800 true watts and high current..But like the TFM 75, it's quite rare..

They were getting into the Home Theater market, and made some great DVD stuff..Their parent company was bought by another company that was not interested in home audio, and CAL was forced out of business around 2005.....That totally sucked...But like Carver, there are repair shops that specialize in CAL gear..

Oh, and thanks for the manners, but I just can't call you "Sugar cock"... :lol:

M

Sounds like the Carver story. Sad.
Your not alone with your opinion of the Carver CDP's excluding the 390 and 490t's cause I've never heard them. My favorite in my price range are the older late 80's and early 90's 1400 series or above Onkyo's. They just have a sound that I like.

Return to List / Update Your System