Mirage M-7si vs Polk Audio 1000p

<<

Miguel1954

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:33 pm

Mirage M-7si vs Polk Audio 1000p

I want to buy used floor speakers. There are two offers:
1) Mirage M-7si
2) Polk Audio RT1000p

Please, somebody can tell me which is it the better choise.
I am going to use with a Harman/Kardon receiver. I'll set up as a stereo system (two chanels).
Thank's
Note: The price of the Mirage it's $75 more then the Polk Audio
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Mirage M-7si vs Polk Audio 1000p

Have not heard either one...but from what I know about Mirage- they would be my choice between the 2.
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Miguel1954

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:28 pm

Chauss wrote:Have not heard either one...but from what I know about Mirage- they would be my choice between the 2.

Thank you very much. *4*
<<

fixj

Newbie 50+

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:46 pm

Miguel,
I wrote a long response that didn't get posted....before I re write it you should consider the Mirage M7's are bi polar...you will need to place them 3-5 ft from the back wall....they are big room speakers and the bi polar feature is critical.
also they can be bi wired.
I have 2 pr....one pr for my 2 channel music only system, the other as mains for home theater...
if you want more info let me know.
maybe my reply will show up.
<<

Miguel1954

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:59 pm

fixj wrote:Miguel,
I wrote a long response that didn't get posted....before I re write it you should consider the Mirage M7's are bi polar...you will need to place them 3-5 ft from the back wall....they are big room speakers and the bi polar feature is critical.
also they can be bi wired.
I have 2 pr....one pr for my 2 channel music only system, the other as mains for home theater...
if you want more info let me know.
maybe my reply will show up.

*4* Thank you. Yes please. Can you give more information I should consider to make my choice?.
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:01 pm

Scratch both and grab some SDA-1c's, SRS 3.1TL's or bigger if you have the room. They may well be the last speaker you ever buy.
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

fixj

Newbie 50+

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:20 pm

I like the Mirage M-7si for music. not everyone likes bi polar speakers as the sound is softer. mine are placed 5 ft from the back wall of my living room and that for me is the optimum distance. my living room works well for the M-7s as it is ~21 ft high. mine are bi wired and are powered by two Carver TFM15CB amps , which have a bi amp feature.
on the same system is a pr of built in Advent speakers ... in the family room....and the difference is huge in favor of the Mirage speakers.

for my home theater my mains are also Mirage M-7si.....for home theater they are much less important with everything else going on. again they are placed 5 ft ahead of the wall mounted flat screen....

the key features of the M-7s are bi polar
and the ability to bi wire....

how they sound to you is the critical point....speakers are probably the most subjective element to a system.....try to hear them with your system.....

there are people on this forum with a lot of knowledge on speakers....I just wanted to pass on that I like the Mirage M7s
<<

Miguel1954

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:35 pm

nooshinjohn wrote:Scratch both and grab some SDA-1c's, SRS 3.1TL's or bigger if you have the room. They may well be the last speaker you ever buy.

*5* Than you very, very much. I checked those speaker SDA-1c you recomended to me and Oh my God! they are amazing, I just check on Ebay and they have a used pair for $450 + shipping $90 for each. Do you thinking is it a good deal in base of the speaker's quality?.
Thanks
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:40 pm

Miguel1954 wrote:
nooshinjohn wrote:Scratch both and grab some SDA-1c's, SRS 3.1TL's or bigger if you have the room. They may well be the last speaker you ever buy.

*5* Than you very, very much. I checked those speaker SDA-1c you recomended to me and Oh my God! they are amazing, I just check on Ebay and they have a used pair for $450 + shipping $90 for each. Do you thinking is it a good deal in base of the speaker's quality?.
Thanks

I would keep an eye out for local finds ans the SDA is a very heavy speaker and do not ship well. That said, 450 is a fair price for them. There is also an entire community of support for them over at the Polk Audio forums. Just about everything has been done to keep them soundimng their best (or better) than new. Polk even supports them with new drivers/tweeters.
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:00 pm

+1 on the SDA's...I have a set of Polk 2B's and they sound great as well.
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:10 pm

In the "day" many claim Polk made some good speakers.
I believe that.
On the other hand, I believe they still do. =D>
They have a wide range to fit most needs, but they have a higher end range also.

I have a few types and for the money (or any money) Polk is hard to beat.

Polk has a wide range as they have $$ and cover the market now. The market is video these days, but they keep a hand in real audio.
The right speaker in the right place is the key and they have many choices.
I have more POLK than most, none of it is for sale.
The last I bought were the VM30. http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/vm/index.php?s=vm30 Beside my big TV which they were made for, hard if not impossible to beat. In fact, even on 2 channel, will rock your boat. I like to play the DISH music channels as I ponder around. I have a Polk sub there. I have really high ceilings as my house is round. All I know is that the music is great and the TV sounds crystal clear. Things blow up and surprise me, but still, even with my old ears, I can hear the dialog. With just the TV speakers, not so much.

Sure, there are better speakers than POLK or any you might own.
I have a history with POLK and have no problem recommending them in the right application.
For the money, or any money, POLK speakers are a good choice.

In my main system here on the deck, have the POLK 4000 sub to fill in where my Sunfire CRS-3 can't go. It is not the best in the world, but better than most and better than all Sunfire subs from what I have read. It is just excellent as a musical instrument and not just a big rap woofer thing.

I like POLK.
I actually like Bose.
In the right places, these things are quite good.
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:16 pm

There was something about those Def Tech's that drew you in as well! :D Take the covers off and they look an awful lot like Polk's higher end line LSiM's. I wonder who copied whom since they ARE technically under the same ownership. :-s

Return to List / Update Your System