Oppo 103D w/ Vanity HD and Linear Power Supply

List and Update your System. Make your own thread, and post away.
Miko1971
TFM-6cb

Oppo 103D w/ Vanity HD and Linear Power Supply

Post by Miko1971 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:37 pm

Well, I stumbled across what I've been wanting for a while now. A guy was offering up his 103 with the DSD over SPDIF Vanity HD output board and the good Dr. Lee's premium power supply upgrade. I wasn't able to work my usual "Let's make a deal" mojo on it, but as it is my discipline, I try like hell to never pay retail!!

These Oppo's hold their value like crazy..it was worth it to me to get the player I wanted with that board. The power supply is bonus. Pics anyone?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (59.46 KiB) Viewed 1666 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (87.16 KiB) Viewed 1666 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (78.64 KiB) Viewed 1666 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (71.26 KiB) Viewed 1666 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (78.63 KiB) Viewed 1666 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (71.47 KiB) Viewed 1666 times

BrianT
Pair of Silver Sevens

Re: Oppo 103D w/ Vanity HD and Linear Power Supply

Post by BrianT » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:36 am

Nice find, the 103 are great for DSD

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (black)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet 440PRO Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
Auralic Aires G2 Music Server
Audience AU24 USB cable
B&W 803D3 Speakers (black)
Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11

MRHP
SILVER-7t

Post by MRHP » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:15 pm

Nice find!

Got me a 103 incoming also. Its bone stock and got it at a good deal off ebay.

These things must be pretty awesome as well as they hold value. Most people are trying to sell at or above retail.
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0002
Cherry/260wpc Mono Blocks
Lightstar Reference
Sunfire Series II 625x2
Carver 490t
OPPO-103
Lucas Labs CF-14
Sunfire Tube pre
DENON DP-62L TT
DUAL CS 5000 TT
DQ-20's
Tesla CF-15 speakers
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65

Miko1971
TFM-6cb

Post by Miko1971 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:18 pm

Yea that's something you don't normally see for "mass market" type of stuff. I've been watching like a Hawk and very rarely do you see one going for a nice discount. Or it's a "too good to be true" thing that I pass up. Has anyone noticed the flash fake sellers on Amazon? They list an item for about half of the going rate and when you check out who's selling it, they are brand new and usually by the end of the day the listing are removed.

Although I paid pretty much close to retail on this, i felt like the seller was/is pretty above board and it's already set up with about what I wanted. There's the heavy mods that JLTi performs.. But since I plan on using this as my all in one transport/server for music I'll leave it like it is. And I've got 5 mod projects going at the moment anyway.. I don't need/want to baby sit a sixth...

I'm interested in the new 200 UHD series they are about to launch in a couple months. I'm sure by this time next year they'll have a 205 or something and I'd like for me movies! Anyone else plan on getting a Vanity Board for their Oppo? I'm wondering how it'll sound running it into my Tascam DA3K that I'm hoping will be buttoned up real soon.

I didn't have a ton of stuff done on it and I thought he was about finished with it last week or so.. Hmm he said he's trying the Bybee rails and seeing if it helps with noise and that's the last I heard.

Miko1971
TFM-6cb

Post by Miko1971 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:21 am

I'm super impressed with this Oppo. This is the "D" version and since I still use my uber expensive pioneer plasma. I am really surprised at the picture quality! My TV does not have HDMI imputs, I use a HDMI to VGA cheater box. I run it at 1080p, I picked up the Pacific on blue ray and it's looking good.

The fit and finish, completeness and overall packaging is crazy nice at this price point. No wonder they are selling these things like hot cakes. For the money, this has to be one of the greatest price/performance ratios I've ever seen.

The vanity board works perfectly. And since the linear power supply was pre installed I can't comment on whether it's better then the stock one. So take that for what it's worth.. Mine is not bone stock.

It plays everything I have, I even hooked up a external hard drive and was able to play movies, music right off it. Which is cool because my Tascam only plays WAV and one other format. I can feed everything into the Oppo and send it out SPDIF style to my DAC.

Kick ass!!

Return to “List / Update Your System”