My rebuilt SoundLab Back Plates!

List and Update your System. Make your own thread, and post away.
Miko1971
TFM-6cb

My rebuilt SoundLab Back Plates!

Post by Miko1971 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:35 pm

Finally got my plates back from Soundlab. They had to replace one high frequency transformer which the previous owner fried trying to power these bad boys with a cheap SS amp. They upgraded the complete plate with the Consummate upgrade with high quality caps and all new parts for increased bias and power handling. I also went with the Hot Rod upgrade which includes a massive new Torrid transformer. Matter of fact, it's so large the fucking thing won't fit in the speaker!

Since these were factory rebuilt and upgraded some years ago, they made a plastic riser that gives you enough room to drop the plate in. I guess no one thought to include the new risers to accommodate this Torrid. I also had a couple extra tweaks which include the super cool pure silver WBT Binding Posts along with their sound impacting mounting plate. A Neutrick power inlet and Dr. West was even cool enough to autograph the plates with a cool engraved little silver plate. All in with the extra parts it was just over $4K for both plates to be upgraded.
Attachments
IMG_6203.JPG
IMG_6204.JPG
IMG_6202.JPG
IMG_6201.JPG

Jazzman53
M-400t CUBE

Re: My rebuilt SoundLab Back Plates!

Post by Jazzman53 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:28 pm

Kool! How about some pics of the rest of the speaker and that big honkin toroidal TRFMR too!

Miko1971
TFM-6cb

Re: My rebuilt SoundLab Back Plates!

Post by Miko1971 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:07 pm

The transformer is the grey circular thingy in the first pic. I didn't get a very good pic of that and they are now sitting on four hardcover books so i can at least start breaking them in. I was told it would take 400+ hours before they sound good. I wonder...i have the bias controls set to maximum and no crackling from the speakers. I wonder how long it'll take to fully charge them up. I'll leave them on overnight with the controls set to minimum.
Attachments
IMG_6021.JPG
IMG_6020.JPG

Return to “List / Update Your System”