FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:52 am

System Updates

<<

Styx

Newbie 50+

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:32 pm

Re: System Updates

What?.....you mean to tell me that someone wouldn't traded a pair AL-IIIs straight up for a set of 901's? :-k Odd.
Styx
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:41 pm

I'd willingly trade a pair of 901 to get a pair of AL-III any day of the week! But that is just me ...
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

garcianc

TFM-35

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:43 pm

Styx wrote:
What?.....you mean to tell me that someone wouldn't traded a pair AL-IIIs straight up for a set of 901's? :-k Odd.

Those 901 owners would probably want the AL-IIIs plus a bag of magic beans, and them beans ain't cheap nowadays.

Did you guys click on the link for my number 3 item on the list? Here's a quote from a professional musician after hearing a pair of Bose 301s: "I would pay not to listen to them".

By the way, my wife used to own a pair of 901s when we first met but we worked out that rough patch and been happy ever since.
<<

Styx

Newbie 50+

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:29 pm

You see, the key with 901's is to have friends and family that have no clue what's good or bad when it comes to audio equipment. :)
Styx
<<

icravcarver

TFM-25

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:35 pm

Welcome aboard Styx!! I have to admit, just before coming on board I parted ways with my 301's, which foot the bill until I dug out the Carver gear and upgraded to a vintage pair of Polk Monitor 5A's. What a difference. (I actually think my step father in law still has a pair of Bose Floor standers, Model 10's I believe - just a guess - and actually does it matter - after all they are BOSE.)

Yeah, as far as things go, the CD burner has been working good. (And I am using the Memorex CD-R Music discs.) The audio power meter is pretty cool, although I read, if I remember correctly that it is supposed to be hooked up in parallel with my speakers, which I think I have done. I have run separate speaker wires from my "A" terminals on the back of my reciever to the meter. So they are on the same terminals as my speakers, but not in line with my speaker wires, i.e. one set of wires feeds the meters, while another set feeds my speakers from the same terminals. It really shows that it doesn't take a lot of power for my receiver to sound good! :D :D :D :D
OCCD claims another victim!!

Carver Gear: MAIN SYSTEM: TFM-55; C-16; SD/A-490t; TD-1770; BEDROOM: HR-772
Non Carver Gear: MAIN SYSTEM: Dual CS-530 TT w/Ortofon Super OM10; POLK SDA-1C's; Phillips CDR-775 CD Burner; BSR EQ-300; BEDROOM: T.B.A.

"I may be poor, but I am rich in sound!!"
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:37 pm

-ive got one of them phillips cdr s [16bit, think 300.oo new] and a sony rcw500 [20bit, 400.oo new]...HAD 5 year warrantys

-havnt seen the phillips discs but...memorex/ tdk/ maxell 'music' discs work [readable]

-i only use burns in my trucky and shop 8)

-these music discs are way better sounding than my brothers computor generated discs :D

-i buy 3 spools at a time...1 spool costs more than you paid for the unit :lol:
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
<<

icravcarver

TFM-25

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:37 pm

Ain't that the truth. Yeah, I burned an LP for my wife that a friend had that she can't find a CD for anywhere (semi - local artist), and also burned a copy of a tape my wife made or her reading stories and singing bed time stories for the rats. Seems my daughter (the oldest of my two) has started having some issues with my wife working nights - almost a separation anxiety of sorts. We burned a copy of the tape to CD, put it on at night on repeat, and viola, my wife is in the room with her all night. Been working for the most part. Quality of the playback from the Carver tape deck worked out well for burning to CD. (We had to us a cheap-o GE hand held recorder to make the tape, as I have no microphones or any way to hook into my tape decks, or the burner for that matter. (Damn, I want that reel to reel). Oh well. Rambled enough.

Non Carver Gear: MAIN SYSTEM: Dual CS-530 TT w/Ortofon Super OM10; POLK SDA-1C's; Phillips CDR-775 CD Burner; BSR EQ-300; BEDROOM: T.B.A.

<<

stereo_buff

TFM-55

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:25 am

Styx wrote:You see, the key with 901's is to have friends and family that have no clue what's good or bad when it comes to audio equipment. :)

As a friend of mine says, "No highs, no lows, must be Bose®!"
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:13 am

stereo_buff wrote:
Styx wrote:You see, the key with 901's is to have friends and family that have no clue what's good or bad when it comes to audio equipment. :)

As a friend of mine says, "No highs, no lows, must be Bose®!"

Box Of Sh!tty Electronics...
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:56 am

<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:02 am

I know what you mean.
My wife loved her Octomass 15 system. :lol: :lol: :lol: Even the Bics kicked their ass. :D :D
<<

Styx

Newbie 50+

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:44 am

icravcarver wrote:Welcome aboard Styx!! I have to admit, just before coming on board I parted ways with my 301's, which foot the bill until I dug out the Carver gear and upgraded to a vintage pair of Polk Monitor 5A's. What a difference. (I actually think my step father in law still has a pair of Bose Floor standers, Model 10's I believe - just a guess - and actually does it matter - after all they are BOSE.)

Yeah, as far as things go, the CD burner has been working good. (And I am using the Memorex CD-R Music discs.) The audio power meter is pretty cool, although I read, if I remember correctly that it is supposed to be hooked up in parallel with my speakers, which I think I have done. I have run separate speaker wires from my "A" terminals on the back of my reciever to the meter. So they are on the same terminals as my speakers, but not in line with my speaker wires, i.e. one set of wires feeds the meters, while another set feeds my speakers from the same terminals. It really shows that it doesn't take a lot of power for my receiver to sound good! :D :D :D :D

Nice looking Pug.....I have two myself. PFL (Pugs For Life)
Styx
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:25 am

OH NOOO!!!! Not another pug lover! They seem to be everywhere on here.

PS Styx, check out the pics from CarverFest 08 for all the pugs there
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

icravcarver

TFM-25

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:38 pm

Styx wrote:
icravcarver wrote:Welcome aboard Styx!! I have to admit, just before coming on board I parted ways with my 301's, which foot the bill until I dug out the Carver gear and upgraded to a vintage pair of Polk Monitor 5A's. What a difference. (I actually think my step father in law still has a pair of Bose Floor standers, Model 10's I believe - just a guess - and actually does it matter - after all they are BOSE.)

Nice looking Pug.....I have two myself. PFL (Pugs For Life)

Yeah, unfortunately, it is my sister in laws, who visits us once in a while. As a matter of fact, while the lucky ones were at the 'fest, the little guy spent the weekend with my family (along with my sister in law and her daughter). He can be a knucklehead sometimes, but pretty much a good dog! But I digress.

<<

Styx

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:18 am

OBI56 wrote:OH NOOO!!!! Not another pug lover! They seem to be everywhere on here.

PS Styx, check out the pics from CarverFest 08 for all the pugs there

A great pack of Pugs. This one looks amazed by the sound quality from all the Carver gear. LOL

http://www.carveraudio.com/images/Carve ... C00592.jpg
Styx
PreviousNext

Return to List / Update Your System