<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:06 am

Re: WHOOOO WHOOOO !!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:36 pm

Nice. The SDA's are great speakers. F1nut will be able to tell you the exact model you have. They must be powered by a common ground amp. Not sure if the TFM-35 is common groud or not. You can install a transformer in the connector cable and use a non-common ground amp. There are numerous threads on the Polk forum regarding this.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
<<

icravcarver

TFM-25

Post Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:07 pm

Well, I pulled the driver that was giving me trouble out and it was a 6511 and it was stamped with SDA1C. It had never been removed before, judging by the effort it took to unscrew it, so it is an assumption, but a relatively safe one. I called the guy back and he does have a spare one, just trying to hook up with him as I was out hunting when he called this weekend.

If not, I hooked up with one of the "pray" this AM. $25 plus shipping. Maybe too much, but hell, I'll have an extra one. You never know.

Any yes, I am freaking impressed with these bad boys! :D I can just turn up my receiver and it keeps getting better. I have had the tweeter cut out once on me, but as stated in the owners manual I downloaded, it came right back after turning things down. Realistically, in my room, I hardly think that I will have that problem. (My wife and daughter were out of the house, so I was home alone w/my son, and cranked the shit out of it!). Again, awesome speakers.
OCCD claims another victim!!

Carver Gear: MAIN SYSTEM: TFM-55; C-16; SD/A-490t; TD-1770; BEDROOM: HR-772
Non Carver Gear: MAIN SYSTEM: Dual CS-530 TT w/Ortofon Super OM10; POLK SDA-1C's; Phillips CDR-775 CD Burner; BSR EQ-300; BEDROOM: T.B.A.

"I may be poor, but I am rich in sound!!"
Previous

Return to List / Update Your System