FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:06 pm

ViperZ's Carver stuff

<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Thu May 28, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: ViperZ's Carver stuff

Can you tell us more about your center channel speaker...?
<<

ViperZ

M-400t CUBE

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:17 pm

stevewithrow wrote:Can you tell us more about your center channel speaker...?

Which one? :)

- Infinity IL36c is the biggest Infinity Interlude center. Sonically matches my IL10 "mains" perfectly. It's a 3-way center. I am not sure if I like it over the Polk CS400 though :(. These speakers match the condo interior better than my Polks... but when I'll get RT1000p and CS400 fully refinished in red chestnut, I might try again.

The other center (in the photo below) is made by StudioLab, which is local Canadian company. It's a sealed 2-way design. It was custom built by StudioLab to match my parents' custom StudioLab G-5000 mains. Those mains are open baffle design and have "wings" on the sides, so this center was designed with the "wings" on top and bottom.

Here are a couple of photos of RT1000p completed:
<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:15 am

Very interesting....I like the design.....Thank you...!!!
<<

ViperZ

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:28 pm

I don't have a photo of this center with the grill off, but it uses the same 2 main drivers as the mains and the same tweeter:

If I remember correctly, those are Seas drivers.
<<

tomstat

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:22 pm

Holey moley! Does that rig come with earthquake insurance? \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
ImageImage
<<

ViperZ

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:26 pm

tomstat wrote:Holey moley! Does that rig come with earthquake insurance? \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

I recently talked to the StudioLab owner whose father designed those speakers... the giant "table" that you see in the middle is a dual-10" subwoofer... each sub is separated and is able to handle (only) 300W RMS ;). They called that sub a "pig" 'cause it's so big. I very rarely use it (my Carver M-400 cube is needed for other uses)... there is enough bass coming from the restored Velodyne ULD-15 (400W RMS) and custom JBL Bash 300S (300W RMS). :D
<<

tomstat

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:36 pm

There is another forum member here you'd probably hit it off with, Basspig I think?

Btw, have you heard any of the SVS subs? I've been drooling over those since wandering across their website a few years ago. ( http://www.svsound.com/products-sub.cfm ) Haven't heard one personally, and they get mixed reviews with the chief complaint being that they aren't all that musical, but are great to supplement home theaters.
ImageImage
<<

ViperZ

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:39 pm

tomstat wrote:There is another forum member here you'd probably hit it off with, Basspig I think?

Btw, have you heard any of the SVS subs? I've been drooling over those since wandering across their website a few years ago. ( http://www.svsound.com/products-sub.cfm ) Haven't heard one personally, and they get mixed reviews with the chief complaint being that they aren't all that musical, but are great to supplement home theaters.

SVS subs are highly regarded on Polk forums... I just was never into those. I stopped with sealed Velodyne ULD-15 for 2-channel and sealed NHT SubTwo for HT.
Previous

Return to List / Update Your System