FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:05 am

Megasat's System

<<

megasat16

TFM-25

Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:39 pm

Megasat's System

Hello to all folks in Carver Forum and the ones out there on the net!

I've just added some Carver Amps to my amp list a few days ago.

1. Carver M1.5T
2. Two x Carver TFM35x
3. Carver TFM55x

There are more to come. I like to experience with different amps in my 2 channel rigs and I occasionally switch amps for that matter. As a result, most of the amps stay with me for quite some time before they are out on sale again or needs cash to bring in more other amps. :D

I'll keep you posted on the comparatively listening to these well known and famous Carver amps with the other well known amps I am familiar with. The comparison I do is for the constructive listening session based on how each amps sounds and why it's famous for. My listening tests are not meant for subjective hearing tests debates.

Thanks All,
James (I know, it's another James)
Last edited by megasat16 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:55 pm

Re: Megasat's System

Thanks and it will be nice to get your reviews.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:56 pm

Nice choice of amps...what else ya got???????????????
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

megasat16

TFM-25

Post Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:03 pm

Item Added : Carver C-4000 Series Preamplifier

I've recently acquired Carver C-4000 Sonic Holography Preamplifier to my carver equipment list. The seller packed it very well and it' at least 8 out of 10 or a near 9 out of 10 on Audiogon scale.

The balance knob and the bass / treble knobs are a little scratchy so I used electronic cleaner to clean those knobs and it's as good as new now.

I've also tested the Following Carver Amps in my 2 channal rig and I must say I am impressed.

In this test, I've used Carver C-4000 as pre and Polk LSi-25 for speakers. Polk LSi series are 4ohms speakers but not hard to drive as Carver Amazing speakers. Almost any amp I own can drive LSi25 with ease and efforts so I used it to evaluate the amps. I will be attempting another evaluation with ALS speakers when time permits and I'll post more impression later on.

M1.5T (very good and clear sound that's pleasing to my ears, does not getting even warm as it's pushed hard for about an hour, guess it has plenty of potential for power hungry speakers but driving low impedance speakers is unknown to me at this time. Sound stage is Wide Open and details are revealing.)

TFM-35x (compared to M.15T, the TFM-35x has lower wattage but better defined bass. However, the vocals and highs are not as clearly defined as in M1.5T. The TFM-35x gets a little warm (no where near HOT) after pushing my LSi25 hard for about an hour. Sound stage is wide open but not as wide nor detail as M1.5T).

TFM-55x (this is the amp that combines a nice sound stage and power of M1.5T and a well defined bass of the TFM-35x. It's no doubt one of the best carver amp out there. This is the amp that deserves a place of it's own in my audio collection and it'll be up to comparison with other heavy weights some time in the future).

To answer Kingman's question, I have several different amps that is listed below (not in alphabetical order).

B&K Sonata M-200 Monoblocks
Adcom GFA-7807
HK Citation 12
HK Citation 7.1
Denon POA-2400
Denon POA-3000 (with some issues)
Parasound HCA-3500
Rotel RB-1090
Technics SE-A3
Onkyo Grand Integra M-510
Onkyo Grand Integra M-508
Pioneer Reference Series M-90
Pioneer Elite M-91
Pioneer Elite A-91D (integrated power amp)
Acurus A200x3
Mark Levinson ML335
Several Rotel and Parasound Multi-channel amps.
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:14 pm

Nice collection of equipment.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:25 pm

Congrats on the new Carver and thanks for the review.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

Return to List / Update Your System