It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:25 am

PDR System Updates

<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:49 pm

Re: PDR System Updates

Perry,

Very nice job. I can imagine the difference in soundstage and placement of instruments. The room is doing those DR OB's justice now without a doubt. 1st class. =D>
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:01 pm

Looks GREAT! First class job PDR! =D> =D> =D>
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

PDR

TFM-45

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:02 pm

Thanks guys......it turned out great..

Chauss, love the new avatar....wonder if I can convince my wife to.....nope.
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Wow! Excellent job PDR, I can see talent runs in your family > Love the tree you and your daugther put together. The room looks very inviting and I bet your friends never want to leave! Yes, that could be a problem :lol: :lol: Great Job! Thanks for keeping us updated, Very Nice!
<<

PDR

TFM-45

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:46 pm

Had a nice long weekend at home, the inlaws were in from Vancouver.
My father inlaw and I decided to build a stand for my Sunfire gear that was on the carpet.
Used Steel studs from work, some paint, ABS pipe and some tiles.
This is what we came up with.....
Put a 12' length of rope lighting under as an after thought.......I like it.

<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:40 pm

That is beautiful.
I would pay admission to visit.

I take a different approach to it all in my RedNeck Bar.
Here you can dance around if the music moves you, and if you drop your beer or knock over a speaker - no big deal. :-"
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:07 pm

That's a room for one, and Perry would probably yell at you to get out because your body mass was messing with the acoustics.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:00 pm

OUTSTANDING!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

PDR

TFM-45

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Thank you for the compliments......but

Dont get the wrong idea.....we live on a farm, mostly my house smells more like horse shit than roses...
Everyone and anyone is invited to my room....many a drink has been spilled, mostly rum and coke, by me, and there
has been more than one dancing session in there. The room also doubles as my music playing room.....the instruments
on the wall all work and I play them...sometimes not well. Behind my chair sits 3 guitars and a sax, these get pulled
and regularly played along with an assortment of 6 hole Irish flutes and penny whistles.....harmonica can be heard on cold winter nights. Its a room to be lived in, not looked at.......it just photographs well... 8)

I've been a tradesman all my life.....51 in a few months, 6'-1" about 225lbs, big grey beard in the winter. My job as a construction
super makes me take very little shit from most people and most dont try. I am about as far from the stereotypical audiophile
as you could imagine.....if you thought skinny geek... nope. I love to take time and listen to my gear, by myself, it relaxes me.
But I enjoy company, come on over, have a drink, dance and party if you like......the doors always open, to my house and my room.......
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:09 pm

PDR wrote: makes me take very little shit from most people and most dont try. I am about as far from the stereotypical audiophile
as you could imagine.....if you thought skinny geek... nope. I love to take time and listen to my gear, by myself, it relaxes me.
But I enjoy company, come on over, have a drink, dance and party if you like......the doors always open, to my house and my room.......

Same here, wish we lived closer so we could visit.
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:22 pm

PDR wrote:Thank you for the compliments......but

Dont get the wrong idea.....we live on a farm, mostly my house smells more like horse shit than roses...
Everyone and anyone is invited to my room....many a drink has been spilled, mostly rum and coke, by me, and there
has been more than one dancing session in there. The room also doubles as my music playing room.....the instruments
on the wall all work and I play them...sometimes not well. Behind my chair sits 3 guitars and a sax, these get pulled
and regularly played along with an assortment of 6 hole Irish flutes and penny whistles.....harmonica can be heard on cold winter nights. Its a room to be lived in, not looked at.......it just photographs well... 8)

I've been a tradesman all my life.....51 in a few months, 6'-1" about 225lbs, big grey beard in the winter. My job as a construction
super makes me take very little shit from most people and most dont try. I am about as far from the stereotypical audiophile

Very nice. I love your thoughts too. Tradesman make the world go round and are cool to boot ! O:)
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:30 pm

Mr. M-500t wrote:
Very nice. I love your thoughts too. Tradesman make the world go round and are cool to boot ! O:)

=; =; =;

Yeah, "tradesmen" are kinda like monkeys, only better as they can leave the Zoo and help you as needed, not to mention how cool they are.

:lol: :lol: :x :lol: :lol:
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:05 pm

I case you hadn't noticed OO, I left the Zoo along time ago ! :rolleyes:
<<

tinpan

TFM-45

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:13 am

That looks amazing, I love the visual effect and I bet it sounds as nice as it looks. BTW, I am stealing your back drop idea to hide cables. I am struggling with cable management. That look like a great idea.
Tinpan

HT - Sunfire TG IV, Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig. 400 x 5, Oppo 93, Klipsch LaScala (3), Cornwalls (2), SW-12, Sony 60" LCD

2 channel - AN L2 Pre-amp, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN 2.1 DAC, Oppo DV-981HD, Lowther PM4a/Azurahorn/SentryIV

2 channel - AN L3 Signature Line stage, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN Sig. DAC 3.1 , AN Sig. Phono Stage, Sota Comet TT, Altec A5's

2 channel - empty, Klipschorns

2 channel - Audio Note Kit 1 300b SET, Audio Note DAC 2.1, Altec A4's
<<

PDR

TFM-45

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:33 pm

Thanks Tinpan

Steal away....I stole it.. O:)
It does make a good cable management screen.....I have a dedicated 20 amp quad box in the wall behind it.
Thats why I post....glad you can make use of it.
PreviousNext

Return to List / Update Your System