FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:59 pm

SYSTEM UPDATE

<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:32 pm

SYSTEM UPDATE

SYSTEM UPDATE: Not currently in use, but have acquired a near mint Phase Linear C-4000 preamp, another great C-11, a TDR-2400 single tape deck immaculate ( with the meters and remote), a Technics 5 disc " spider" SL-PC503, and believe it or not...a TFM-55X! It's Carver and 2 channel overload!!! I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!! 8) 8) 8)
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

TNRabbit

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:40 am

Re: SYSTEM UPDATE

Congrats, Wayne~

Blow anything up yet?
:D
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

stereo_buff

TFM-55

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:48 am

Where do you find this stuff?
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:33 am

You are increasing your collection very nicely. Well done!
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:37 pm

My system is ->

25,000 of my favorite songs in my computer I have collected since I was 14. Most are in at 320, but some are less. Most I have the record or CD for, but not all. I am presently upgrading all I have a hard copy for to FLAC. I have a long way to go, but it is fun as I find great songs I had not played in a long time. I don’t have much junk here. I love these songs. I admit most of it was recorded before you were born. I don’t like RAP or the DIXIE CHICKS. I keep my old Willie Nelson, but nothing new as he is now a fruit cake.

I send that to a DAC with its own power source to get rid of computer fan noise. Then it goes to a PreSonus preamp made for studio and has only guitar plugs. It works great, but I am searching Carver/ebay to up grade that.

Then it all goes to my Carver AV-500. That has 5 separate amps that send to my speakers which are – 2- Bose 251 which are great, and 2 POLK 65SDI which might be better than any thing you have. I have a center speaker POLK VM20 as a center speaker playing mono.
I have a Polk DSW 1200 watt microPro 1000 sub under my chair.

All the speakers are ceiling mounted 6 foot from my ears.

It might not be up to your standards, but damn it all sounds good.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention – it is all on my deck. I drink beer and play music outside.

Come visit – you might be amazed at how well music combines with my garden.

On the down side, I recently bought a back up Carver 505 off ebay and have not received it. I suspect after 30 days I will have to file to get my money back.

Anyone traveling to SC – let me know if you want to stop by and fish or have a beer.
No, I am not an idiot. I have been in Law Enforcement all my life and can kill you with rays from my eyes.

For anyone wanting to try outdoor music. I suggest you hook up a decent set of powered computer speakers (under $100) and hook in with your laptop. Run an internet cord out there and you can hook to PANDORA. You will be a happy guy!
Pandora has all you have and much more. If you get hooked, you can upgrade. My next project is to build a cover for my turntable. I see no reason why my turntable should be in my REDNECK bar when I am here 90% of the time.
<<

kingman

Post Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:43 am

TNRabbit wrote:Congrats, Wayne~

Blow anything up yet?
:D

Not yet Gary...as much as people hate to admit, the ole bose will handle about anything I can throw at em!!!! :)
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Return to List / Update Your System