FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:28 am

Bloozestringer's Stuff

<<

Bloozestringer

Newbie 50+

Post Fri May 15, 2009 8:12 pm

Re: Bloozestringer's Stuff

BillD wrote:I'm curious — do you build your own boxes? Those are pretty.

Pretty much. The SOHA I did. The Millett on my webpage is actually bamboo boxes from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. The Seduction is factory wood panels that I glued and finished. The Darling amp is a Hammond aluminum. I have the ability to build form scratch, but like to use somehting that is commercially available and then modify as it's much easier.
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Fri May 15, 2009 8:20 pm

Bed, Bath and Beyond, huh? I'll be looking there.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Bloozestringer

Newbie 50+

Post Fri May 15, 2009 9:23 pm

BillD wrote:Bed, Bath and Beyond, huh? I'll be looking there.

Check out this amp. They used toothpaste cups and drinking cups from BB&B for the capacitor covers.

http://basaudio.net/diyhosting/steve/index.html
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Fri May 15, 2009 9:44 pm

Cool
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Fri May 15, 2009 10:17 pm

Very nice. =D> =D> =D>
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

Bloozestringer

Newbie 50+

Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:31 pm

Been a while since I posted or lurked here. Sorry for that!!!

Anyway, got rid of the Abraxas 12B4 amp, didn't need two flea powered amps around. Was sorry to see it go, but it went to someone who already had another of Jef's amps, so I knew it would be appreciated. My NAD cdp is working intermittently now, and I've tried all suggestions to fix it to no avail. I would not recommend one of their cdp's to anyone at this point. I'm replacing the Abraxas amp with a diytube ST35 amp I'm in the process of aquiring iron and chassis for.

I'm thinking of starting over with my audio gear from scratch. Out goes everything but the tube stuff, the Carver 900, and the Polk 5B's. Can't part with that gear. So the turntable, ART arrays, old kenwood integrated amp and tuner, C-9, got some realistic stuff (speakers that are mint and a receiver), Cd players, and maybe even the Heresy's. These are all part of 3 systems I have going. Consolidation?

Here's a link to my new website: http://shanemoorephotography.smugmug.com/

If you goto the electronics gallery you can see pics of diy stuff and audio shows.
<<

Bloozestringer

Newbie 50+

Post Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:58 am

Oh yeah, new room as well. About 13 x 19 feet all togther. Got a matching end table to the shelf on the right of the chair, and the rest of my guitar gear is in there as well now. Need to take new pics and start getting some room treatments in there.

<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:14 am

Nice pics!!! Looks like you dumped the Klipsch Heresys? I'm a huge Klipsch fan and currently have the KLF-30s running off of 400 watts of Sunfire power and it sounds soooo good. \:D/ I was watching an action (Jet Li in RAW) flick last night in 2 channel stereo with no subwoofer hooked up and I could actually feel the recoil of the guns firing!! :D Anyhow, nice setup!! =D>
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
(2 Pairs) Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

Bloozestringer

Newbie 50+

Post Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:22 am

Nah, kept the Heresy's. Those were a $100 find. They are currently in a bedroom system with an old realistic sta-111 receiver. Mainly use it for listening in the dining/kitchen area that is right off the bedroom. If I was going to go with inexpensive horns though, I'd build a set of Pi 3's. Paired with a couple of subs using LAB12's they are some of the smoothest speakers I've heard for the price.
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:59 am

Bloozestringer wrote:Been a while since I posted or lurked here. Sorry for that!!!

I'm thinking of starting over with my audio gear from scratch. Out goes everything but the tube stuff,.

[-X Better stick around this time - your missing Tons of FUN!!! :rolleyes:

You should get rid of the Tube stuff too. PM me and I will give you the address to send them :D
Nice room and pictures, THANKS...
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
Previous

Return to List / Update Your System