FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:56 pm

Tom's rig

<<

tomstat

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:02 am

Tom's rig

This is what I'm usually staring at while annoying you folks ;-) Typically have a DVD playing, but right now I'm watching TNT HD :-) This picture was snapped around Christmas time, thus the Santa Claus decorations ;-)

The C1 runs the M1.0t & the smaller speakers... the C4000 runs the M1.5t & the larger speakers. Unfortunately, I can't have the flatscreen on at the same time as the M1.5t circuit, the breaker pops. Hope to have an dedicated circuit installed for the preamps & amps sometime this year.

ImageImage
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:59 am

Re: Tom's rig

Like the gear.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:30 am

SHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:33 am

Very nice...!!!!
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:56 am

Nice setup!
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:55 pm

Nice set-up, but the printer has to go man! LOL!
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:02 pm

Jag_97470 wrote:Nice set-up, but the printer has to go man! LOL!

Do you use the flat panel as a computer monitor?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:01 pm

tomstat wrote:This is what I'm usually staring at while annoying you folks ;-) Typically have a DVD playing, but right now I'm watching TNT HD :-) This picture was snapped around Christmas time, thus the Santa Claus decorations ;-)

The C1 runs the M1.0t & the smaller speakers... the C4000 runs the M1.5t & the larger speakers. Unfortunately, I can't have the flatscreen on at the same time as the M1.5t circuit, the breaker pops. Hope to have an dedicated circuit installed for the preamps & amps sometime this year.

Sounds like you have a bad breaker , I run our 47 plasma and all my gear if I have to , no problems , unless I crank it way up ..... But watching a movie , should be no problem....
<<

tomstat

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:40 pm

Unfortunately, it is stuck there for the time being since my Internet access is right behind the rack. It is a network printer and it plugs into my distribution switch... all that crap is hidden behind the TV or rack... cable modem, firewall, switch, wireless access points, SIP modem. One day I'll get around to running it someplace else but that will have to meet with the wife's approval, she has veto authority over cables running around corners ya know and I am not going to be crawling under the house and drilling holes any time soon ;-)
ImageImage
<<

tomstat

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:41 pm

Magnaryder wrote:

Do you use the flat panel as a computer monitor?

ray
I wish! Grand Theft Auto San Andreas would be rocking the house if I had permission to put my gaming rig behind the TV \:D/
ImageImage
<<

tomstat

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:46 pm

stevewithrow wrote:Sounds like you have a bad breaker , I run our 47 plasma and all my gear if I have to , no problems , unless I crank it way up ..... But watching a movie , should be no problem....
Thanks for the input, Steve.

Everything you see there is sitting on a 15 amp breaker, the TV draws about 300 watts & of course the 1.5 I think has an initial draw of 1500 watts as it powers on if I'm not mistaken. Not sure what the laser printer pulls when it starts up, but I'm sure it spikes pretty hard.

My gaming rig used to sit on the same circuit, and my breaker started humming when it was on so I moved it to the hall circuit.

Do you think a 15 amp breaker is adequate for the stereo & TV or would it be a good idea to have the amps & preamps on a dedicated circuit?
ImageImage
<<

ViperZ

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:31 pm

tomstat wrote:
stevewithrow wrote:Sounds like you have a bad breaker , I run our 47 plasma and all my gear if I have to , no problems , unless I crank it way up ..... But watching a movie , should be no problem....
Thanks for the input, Steve.

Everything you see there is sitting on a 15 amp breaker, the TV draws about 300 watts & of course the 1.5 I think has an initial draw of 1500 watts as it powers on if I'm not mistaken. Not sure what the laser printer pulls when it starts up, but I'm sure it spikes pretty hard.

My gaming rig used to sit on the same circuit, and my breaker started humming when it was on so I moved it to the hall circuit.

Do you think a 15 amp breaker is adequate for the stereo & TV or would it be a good idea to have the amps & preamps on a dedicated circuit?

Dude, if your problem is the combined start-up spike, all you need is a power center with delayed outputs (the amp will start like 10-14 seconds after the preamp, TV, etc. - programmable). But! Two amps and a TV on the same breaker should not pull the 15A breaker down. Even if both of your amps will eat up 1kW of power, that would still be less than 1A current drawn.
Something is wrong either in your system or with the breaker.

To give you an example... My plasma, receiver and subwoofer all sit on the same breaker (plus all the small things in the HT). Onkyo 805 eats tons of power, plasma is a known power hog, same goes for the sub (500W RMS Class A/B amp). The power meter shows something around 3-4A total (average) during the movies. (of course, they are not being turned on at the same time, but I don't see that even if I did that - it shouldn't be a problem).
<<

tomstat

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:59 pm

I think what I will do then is grab my big orange extension cable & plug everything into a different circuit and turn everything on to see if I can reproduce the throw on another circuit... if no problems then I'll see about getting a new breaker installed.

Have changed outlets and light switches in the past and am comfortable doing that sort of work, but is this something that I should get a contractor to do or can I reasonably expect to be able to do it myself after flipping the main?
ImageImage
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:02 pm

TRUST ME Flip the main, IIIIIIIIIIIIIII always do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been knocked on my butt a couple of times but not anymore.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

tomstat

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:12 pm

DaveS wrote:TRUST ME Flip the main, IIIIIIIIIIIIIII always do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been knocked on my butt a couple of times but not anymore.
I've seen what happens to Wile E. Coyote when he is electrocuted... but I lack the Coyote's stamina and ability to be resurrected multiple times in a 7 minute interval :lol:
ImageImage
Next

Return to List / Update Your System