Carver PM-350

Carver Pro Equipment Discussions and Questions
westmassguy

Carver PM-350

Post by westmassguy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi, new to this forum. I picked up a PM-600 about 4 months ago, for use with my Home Theater. Did a little PM work on it, hooked her up, and she's been running beautifully. I recently aquired another Carver Pro amp, the PM-350 for use with the same Home Theater System. I did the same PM work on it, fired her up and she's working extremely well also. Unfortunately, unlike the PM-600, the 350 does not have a remote trigger of sequencer. Does anyone know of a way to retrofit some type of remote turn-on for the 350? I've searched all over trying to find the Service Manual and Schematics for it, but am only able to find the User Manual. Thanks in advance

jjptkd
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Carver PM-350

Post by jjptkd » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:37 pm

Any chance you can copy the unit that does have it already? :-k :-k Anyway, welcome and good luck!
Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

westmassguy

Re: Carver PM-350

Post by westmassguy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:56 am

jjptkd wrote:Any chance you can copy the unit that does have it already? :-k :-k Anyway, welcome and good luck!
That's what I'd like to do, however I don't have the schematic for the 350. I have the schematics for the 600 which show a small relay. Problem is, I'm not sure if the control circuits are the same for both models. The on/off switches on the front of both units are connected to a low voltage control circuit, not line voltage. I could certainly wire in a heavier line voltage relay, but this may affect the normal power-on cycle, and self checks that take place when using the front switch. I did a simple test, by leaving the power switch in the on position, and then plugging the unit in. The protect, signal and power LEDs all lit, and after a few seconds just the power LED was lit. This doesn't happen when you using just the front power switch. Maybe all the self checks do kick in, but I don't want to risk damaging the amp, or my speakers.

Return to “Carver Pro”