FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:18 pm

CF 09

<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:16 pm

CF 09

Is the fest still on....?...Looks like there are 2 different sites doing this now...?..Who is in charge...?
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Re: CF 09

As far as I know TOM is still the go-to guy.... Till I hear different from him, CF 09' is still being coordinated in this forum...
If they are trying to set one up over there...

Stay the hell out of Cabin 12... Me, Dave and Ray are there the FULL 10 DAYS
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:04 pm

I have one of the Treehouses reserved for the last week.

Who are "they" and where is "over there"?

FrankieD
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:52 am

It appears that some think the grass is greener on the other side.....it never is.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:20 am

F1nut wrote:It appears that some think the grass is greener on the other side.....it never is.

Sadly the truth is also that it always is, when you go to the "other" side its greener over here!

FrankieD
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:36 pm

What we have here is a conundrum.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:57 pm

F1nut wrote:What we have here is a conundrum.

I like your excellent use of words to describe the situation F1!
For some reason the other words that come to mind are.... I guess I better not say anything right now due to lack of knowledge about the entire thing. So let's just stick with F1's 3 dollar word for now..... :-k

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

thall

TFM-35

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:55 pm

I'm glad things are back to "normal" over here, but I also
greatly appreciate Rich allowing us to hang out at his place while
the power was out. Since I had no idea what the hell was going on,
I even registered at the Polk forum. And I ain't got none.
thall

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:01 pm

As far as Carverfest is concerned, it will only be planned on this website. I can not and will not coordinate something of that magnitude on two separate websites. I will answer questions as they arise on both websites but any and all planning will be right here.

I have posted this over at Sir RichP's site;

Hello fellow Carver fans! Tom here. Concerning Carverfest '09, at this point it will not be a 10 day event. It might be for a select few that can afford it or are able to take that amount of time off but not for me unless I hit the lottery this year. See, I have to remember that I will have a little rugrat crawling around next time I go and I have yet to discuss Carverfest with the other half. Also, I have to get a hold of Bob and see when he will be available and for how long as well.

Right now, Carverfest is not my priority due to my circumstances as most of you already know about. We are still planning on it, come hell or high water and more information will become available within the following months. Hang tight and I'll answer any questions y'all have until some more definite schedules are set up.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

RichP714

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:52 am

Carverfest topic locked at Carver Site!

Evidently, some people at the old site didn't notice the question mark on that thread, and thought I was somehow trying to jack their fest planning. I'm not. I created the topic (and the site) for a place where carver fans could continue to meet, plan, etc.

This site, was started as an accompaniment to my mk II site. When the other forum went down, I invited people here for a place to hang. That evidently was not well thought of by some people. I'm not sure why.

I'm not an extremely social person, but I do enjoy and understand the importance of having a site to go to; that's all this was intended to be, not a hijack (which is how it's being perceived).

I had no idea the other site would come back up, and I went ahead an re-ordered the topics here, making them more generic and less associated with carver mk II project.

That to me sounds like generosity, a hand extended, but some see it as a slap in the face.

some of the people some of the time.........
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:14 am

thall wrote:I'm glad things are back to "normal" over here, but I also
greatly appreciate Rich allowing us to hang out at his place while
the power was out. Since I had no idea what the hell was going on,
I even registered at the Polk forum. And I ain't got none.

:lol: :lol: :lol: "Back to normal"

With this group ??? ... like ANYHING over here was EVER "normal" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:21 pm

RichP714 wrote:Carverfest topic locked at Carver Site!
Thanks bro'! That'll make it a hell of a lot easier for me. *wipes brow*

Thank you sir! ;)
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:44 am

RichP714 don't ever think anyone thinks poorly of you or what you do. You IMHO are a stand up individual that going the extra step to help others.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

RichP714

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:47 pm

engtaz wrote:RichP714 don't ever think anyone thinks poorly of you or what you do. You IMHO are a stand up individual that going the extra step to help others.
I papreciate your wupport, but there are those who think poorly, unfortunately.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:12 pm

I think RichP was trying to make the best of a bad situation. I have no hard feelings towards him what so ever for getting something going over there.
The thing that bothers me a little were all the people that jumped ship only knowing 1/2 the story... and immediately "taking sides" one way or the other. This place, and this group of people "as a whole" have been going strong for over 6 years now. Yes it's true, some come, and some go from time to time. But the blatant turning of peoples backs, on a topic that had absolutely nothing to do with them, and only knowing 1/2 the story, seemed/seems pretty shitty to the rest of the people that stuck around.
It was a bad situation, and had an even worse outcome. Now that al of it has been put behind this forum, let the dust settle.
If some choose to not come back to this forum, so be it. What happened, happened... what's done is done. I have moved on, as most adults will.
As the sole gatekeeper of this place, I have ALWAYS been one of the most natural minded people on here... I fully agree with freespeach, and almost NEVER edit anything said here, as at the time, what was typed, was meant, heated or not. We all make mistakes, and we all have to deal with them when they are made. How you deal with them is what show the type of person you are.
With that said, I guess I will get off the soapbox, and let the next disgruntled member take pot shots at me :-"

I'm pretty sure OBi will copy and paste this over on the other site, so to the rest that have decided to stay there, goodluck, and you are all welcome back, as long as you say "UNCLE" when you come back :lol:

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Next

Return to CARVERFEST 09'