FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:58 pm

??? QUESTIONS FOR BOB AT CARVERFEST 09' ???

<<

basspig

TFM-6cb

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:16 am

Re: ??? QUESTIONS FOR BOB AT CARVERFEST 09' ???

Will Bob ever be visiting the New England area? If so, there's something I'd like him to see/hear, here.
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss
http://www.basspig.com The Bass Pig's Lair - 16,500 watts of driving surround sound!

Business sites at:
http://www.ampexperts.com
http://www.mwhdvideo.com
-
<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:37 am

I wish I could afford to go to one of these fests and personally meet the man that created my M-400 cubes. Oh, and to thank him for years of musical pleasure. If he only knew what my original M-400a that I bought new in 1981 has been through and that is cranking right now has been through I think even he would be amazed!! Ah, and this M-400a hasn't had one bit of work done to it either. One day soon though it will be sent odd to Rita to have her work her magic on. It really deserver it after all these years. Maybe if Bob is around at the time, he may even sign it for me.

Thanks Bob for 28 years of Carver sound
Ed Rizzo

P.S.Just wondering if Bob created the M-400a to match the Klipsch Lascala? I tell ya, they are a match made in Music Heaven
Currently In Use
Current Rack; Carver M-4.0t Power Amp, Carver C-4000t Pre Amp,Empire 598III Turntable, Denon DL-103R cart/stylus,Pioneer RT-909 Reel To Reel,Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck,DBX Pro Series 231 Dual Channel 31 band EQ,Pioneer PDR-555RW CD,DBX-3bx,Berwun Research 7000A TNE,DBX-224x DS TypeII NR, Klipsch Lascalas "Loud,Proud,Clean & Mean"
<<

marantzfan

Newbie 50+

Post Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:38 am

Was there a Q and A section at the fest? :-"
Sunfire Classic, Sunfire 300, Cambridge DACmagic, Technics SL-1210 M5G w. Benz Micro Silver, Carver Amazing Silver
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am

Easy answer. No We did more troubleshooting and listening to gear.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

marantzfan

Newbie 50+

Post Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:39 am

engtaz wrote:Easy answer. No We did more troubleshooting and listening to gear.

Cool. Good to know now rather then waiting for nothing. :-s
Sunfire Classic, Sunfire 300, Cambridge DACmagic, Technics SL-1210 M5G w. Benz Micro Silver, Carver Amazing Silver
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:05 am

I asked Bob a question, do tubes rule? His answer, yes. :-"
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:14 am

One of the Q's I asked Bob at this years CF that pops out as worth sharing was as Bob was autographing Kingmans Phase linear unit (Boy was Kingman cheesin) I asked Bob if when all of this got started if he ever imagined he would ever be asked for his autograph by friends and fans as well as requests to personally autograph many, many pieces of gear that already had his last name on them?
Bob responded by saying "Heavens no! not in a million years! The thought never crossed my mind that any of this could happen much less many of my friends having Carverfest for all of us to enjoy." He then said "Remember... this all started in a coffee can with some spare parts I had laying around in my dorm room when I was just a kid!"

He is such a humble guy, and I can say that is so wonderful because when you meet people that are "famous" or well known like I have being in racing for 20+ years, quite often they become so full of themselves it's just sickening

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:44 am

We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality.
– Albert Einstein
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Return to CARVERFEST 09'