It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:28 am

Looking for volunteers to cook dinner for CF '09

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:54 pm

Looking for volunteers to cook dinner for CF '09

Hey all. Treitz3 here and I would just like to inform you that though this year's CF was an absolute hoot, things will be changing for next years event. Plans are currently being discussed as we speak about how attendees will eat, drink and be merry for CF '09. The first thing that has already been acknowledged is the fact that Ray was in the kitchen WAY to much this year. Not that he didn't enjoy the hell out of feeding folks and accepting all of the wonderful comments that headed his way, it was just way too much for one person to handle.

Knowing that, this year there will be some changes. Some major, some small. One of the small changes is that breakfast will not be served to all attendees this year. With all of the action, activities and work that has to be done in order to make CF an enjoyable experience for everyone, it seemed that breakfast lingered closer to lunch time every day. Therefore, you will be responsible for your own breakfasts this upcoming CF.

We are still planning to have lunches and snacks available to attendees but we are not going to have it be a full fledged event. There are just too many folks that are attending Carverfest to make it easy, smooth running and quick, especially for those that try to make everything happen in a timely manner for all that attend.

One of the proposals that the organizers of Carverfest have accepted will be a major change this year. Instead of having Ray be the one and only cook for the entire event including breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner will be that he will not be doing it all. It's [like I said] just too much for one man to tackle, even with help. That proposal is that there will still be meals, they just won't all be done by one person.

We are currently looking for volunteers to cook a dinner for everybody that attends for one night. I have volunteered to cook dinner for everybody for one of the nights that we will be there. Staying within budget for each meal is a concern along with other factors that will be discussed to those that plan on volunteering cooking duties. Consider this a "cookoff", if you will. Though it will be extremely hard to come close to Ray's cooking, let alone top his cooking, this is your opportunity to show off your talents in the kitchen.

Please, if anybody is interested in cooking a meal for anywhere between 35-55 folks for just one of the 9 dinners....let me know by posting in this thread
. We have a little less than a year to plan for this event so it's not like we are in a hurry but we would like to get some of the planning done way early so we can concentrate on more important issues when it comes down to the Nitty Gritty.

Just to let you know, you will not be responsible for paying for the food, that will be provided by the Carverfest fund. I will also try to organize a "team" to assist you in making your meal, preparing for it and helping with the cleanup. This will happen as soon as we know that all of the dinners have been covered and will be organized before we leave for Carverfest '09. I apologize to those that may have been looking forward to Ray's cooking again but you have to remember, it's his vacation as well. My hat is off and two thumbs up for Ray doing what he did at not only this year's event but last year's as well. Outfn'standing!!! =D> =D> =D>

This year we would like to see him and the rest of the folks that so graciously and unselfishly donated there time to make all of the meals what they were this year enjoy more of a focus on the audio aspect of things, instead of the cooking side of things. We have learned a thing or two in the past two years and I'm quite sure that we will learn a thing or two this year as well, one thing I know is that this year will NOT be a coking event for some and an audio event for others. This year it will be an audio event for ALL that attend. Thanks for listening and let me know if you are interested in being part of the cooking team this year.

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:54 pm

Planned dinner menu............

Meals on the list so far:

1) treitz3 / ???
2) Toy Maker / "Penne Maria" a dish I stole from my favorite local Italian restaurant. Poached chicken, broccoli, light marinara cream sauce over penne noodles w/ garlic bread.
3) Rainman / Chilli
4) Ray / "Petite Fillet" with Crown, Honey, and Peppercorn marinade. Garlic mashed potatoes and roatsed asparagus, carrot cakes for desert
5) Toy Maker / Swedish Meatballs slow cooken in beef gravy, over egg noodles.
6) bigerik / Baked Ziti
7) FrankieD / Ribs
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:56 pm

Cooks and kitchen help...........

Reserved.

<<

Rainwoman

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:10 pm

Re: Looking for volunteers to cook dinner for CF '09

I'm sure we (Rainman, Dyeraudio, and myself) can cover one night. Frozen pizza can't be that hard to heat for that many people :lol:
"If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything worthwhile."
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:47 pm

I'm down for my MEGA Lasangas again, from CarverFest 07'. Garlic bread we can do as well.
I won't even need anyone to help prep, or clean.
I can do it for any night. Just tel me when.
$150-175 for 50 people or so.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:35 am

Maybe we can get Rainman to make his chili... :-k :-k :-k .....someone bring a case of Ritz crackers.......his shit is off the hook.... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ ..........usually when I go to Kalamazoo for the weekend I will fast for 2 days before hand......the cookin' is that damn good.......I shit you NOT !!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
CARVER CT-29V, CARVER TFM-45 (Rita-furbished) ,CARVER SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers, PS Audio I/C's, PS Audio Statement & Plus Speaker Cables, APC Line-R 600 conditioner, Vibra-Cones
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:52 am

dyeraudio wrote:Maybe we can get Rainman to make his chili... :-k :-k :-k .....someone bring a case of Ritz crackers.......his shit is off the hook.... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ ..........usually when I go to Kalamazoo for the weekend I will fast for 2 days before hand......the cookin' is that damn good.......I shit you NOT !!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Chili sounds like a great idea dyeraudio and a longtime southern tradition. Maybe combine it with some good, old fashioned southern BBQ
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:21 am

If you guys are looking for a few possible menu ideas, why not consider a roast pig, side of beef or lamb on a spit?

Or a mix-n-match pasta night where several different cabins prepare their favorite pasta sauce for a dozen or more people each and everyone gets together and makes several different kinds of pasta so you can mix and match to your hearts content. If there is a bakery close by in Bryson City, you can have them bake you up a few dozen fresh loaves of Italian bread and you are all set.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:05 am

OBI56 wrote:
dyeraudio wrote:Maybe we can get Rainman to make his chili... :-k :-k :-k .....someone bring a case of Ritz crackers.......his shit is off the hook.... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ ..........usually when I go to Kalamazoo for the weekend I will fast for 2 days before hand......the cookin' is that damn good.......I shit you NOT !!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Chili sounds like a great idea dyeraudio and a longtime southern tradition. Maybe combine it with some good, old fashioned southern BBQ

..about $150 for toilet paper....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:55 am

OBI56 wrote:If you guys are looking for a few possible menu ideas, why not consider a roast pig, side of beef or lamb on a spit?

Now your talking my lingo LOL!!!!!!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:57 am

TNRabbit wrote:
OBI56 wrote:

..about $150 for toilet paper....

Gary you forgot that the cabins give us the TP!!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:44 pm

TNRabbit wrote:..about $150 for toilet paper....[/color]

Rabbit, I will suggest that along with the toilet paper you should also have another option figured out because sometimes toilet paper won't help...... Dyeraudio will tell you "That's going to itch when it dries!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:55 pm

I would love to make my chili for everyone. My chili is pretty famous up here. Even those who don't eat chili will usually love it! I can make a XL batch that will feed everyone for a nice meal. My wife will make some other tasty things to go along with it. I would not want some folks to only have a bowl of chili and think they are at a soup kitchen (or in TNRabbit's case the chow hall)!

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

Rainwoman

Newbie 50+

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:57 pm

Rainman wrote:I I would not want some folks to only have a bowl of chili and think they are at a soup kitchen (or in TNRabbit's case the chow hall)!

Rainman

No worries! I'll make sure there are plenty of carrots for TNRabbit!
"If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything worthwhile."
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:12 pm

Some of these ideas sound good !! Just keep in mind, we are trying NOT to make it a "CookFest" The isea is to get enough people to plan 1 dinner each, and also, make it something simple, that each day, those people are not stuck cooking all day for dinner either.
I'm not much of a Chilli person, but it sounds good for one of the nights !!!
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Next

Return to CARVERFEST 09'