Page 2 of 3

Re: Looking for volunteers to cook dinner for CF '09

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:03 pm
by bigerik
How about doing steaks one night. Easy enough to do. No huge prep time. Could we swing a bunch of decent steak like Delmonicos or something?

Re: Looking for volunteers to cook dinner for CF '09

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:09 pm
by Toy Maker
Actually, that is what I spoke to Ray about today...
He has offered to do his:

"Petite Fillet" with his Crown, Honey, and Peppercorn marinade.
That kicked ass this year Ray !!!! Mmmmmmmmm

Re: Looking for volunteers to cook dinner for CF '09

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:27 pm
by bigerik
Toy Maker wrote:Actually, that is what I spoke to Ray about today...
He has offered to do his:

"Petite Fillet" with his Crown, Honey, and Peppercorn marinade.
That kicked ass this year Ray !!!! Mmmmmmmmm
Well, that beats the crap out of the steaks I was thinking of making.... :D

Re: Looking for volunteers to cook dinner for CF '09

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:53 pm
by Toy Maker
I just added a 2nd dish for myself...
My kids asked me to add one of the dishes that they really like, that I make once in a while. It's super easy... pretty much, throw everything in a pot, and let it simmer for an hour or 2

Beef Meatballs slow cooked in beef gravy, over egg noodles.

Angelic also wants me to make a desert I got off my mother.
Rasberry/jello/creamcheese mold, and a
Orange/jello/creamcheese mold

Re: Looking for volunteers to cook dinner for CF '09

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:09 pm
by Eddie
Toy Maker wrote:Actually, that is what I spoke to Ray about today...
He has offered to do his:

"Petite Fillet" with his Crown, Honey, and Peppercorn marinade.
That kicked ass this year Ray !!!! Mmmmmmmmm
I only took half of my cutting board with me for CF08, guess I'll have to bring the rest of it for CF09 !!!! Bring on those steaks baby !!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

What you say guys !!!!!!!!

Re: Looking for volunteers to cook dinner for CF '09

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:08 pm
by Magnaryder
bigerik wrote:How about doing steaks one night. Easy enough to do. No huge prep time. Could we swing a bunch of decent steak like Delmonicos or something?
I've done alot of research into the 'Delmonico' steak. I'f someone wants to do it maybe we could talk Eddie into cutting them, the cook of the day could pound them down and do the prep and we all could enjoy your work. I love eating someone elses cooking.

ray

Re: Looking for volunteers to cook dinner for CF '09

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:10 pm
by Magnaryder
Toy Maker wrote:Actually, that is what I spoke to Ray about today...
He has offered to do his:

"Petite Fillet" with his Crown, Honey, and Peppercorn marinade.
That kicked ass this year Ray !!!! Mmmmmmmmm
I'll be doing my garlic mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus too. And if you ask nicely maybe a couple of carrot cakes.

ray

Re: Looking for volunteers to cook dinner for CF '09

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:51 pm
by Rainman
I'll be doing my garlic mashed potatoes and roatsed asparagus too. And if you ask nicely maybe a couple of carrot cakes.

ray
I think Rainwoman said that the carrot cakes are for TNRabbit. :D

Rainman

Re: Looking for volunteers to cook dinner for CF '09

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:04 am
by bigerik
My wife has volunteered to make up some baked Ziti...

Re: Looking for volunteers to cook dinner for CF '09

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:08 pm
by Magnaryder
Toy Maker wrote:I just added a 2nd dish for myself...
My kids asked me to add one of the dishes that they really like, that I make once in a while. It's super easy... pretty much, throw everything in a pot, and let it simmer for an hour or 2

Beef Meatballs slow cooked in beef gravy, over egg noodles.

Angelic also wants me to make a desert I got off my mother.
Rasberry/jello/creamcheese mold, and a
Orange/jello/creamcheese mold
Do you see a trend here?

ray

Re: Looking for volunteers to cook dinner for CF '09

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:23 pm
by DaveS
If people can stand chillie and soup in the same meal I can do it. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM YUM YUM, over rice and with crackers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \:D/ \:D/

Re: Looking for volunteers to cook dinner for CF '09

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:27 pm
by DaveS
I wish they had a big hole in the ground up there, we could cook a whole( litttle) hog, but the ground is so hard and rocky I dont see that happein`. Would be easy and we could all sit around and watch it cook while we got drunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or at least happy. ToyMaker gets to make the desert Eclair cake.

Re: Looking for volunteers to cook dinner for CF '09

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:08 pm
by bigerik
DaveS wrote:I wish they had a big hole in the ground up there, we could cook a whole( litttle) hog, but the ground is so hard and rocky I dont see that happein`. Would be easy and we could all sit around and watch it cook while we got drunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or at least happy. ToyMaker gets to make the desert Eclair cake.
A truly inspired idea!
No way to make it happen? (the hog part, not the drinking... :) )

Re: Looking for volunteers to cook dinner for CF '09

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:20 pm
by DaveS
That ground is so hard and rocky it would take a week to dig a pit the right size, about 4X5X5. Know anyone with a backhoe? And we would still need some big rocks for the inside. Football size. AND a mountian of firewood. I don`t think they would let us do it but it would be fine eatin`. Potatos, carorts, and just about anything else you wanted to stick in it.

Re: Looking for volunteers to cook dinner for CF '09

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:23 pm
by Toy Maker
NO NO NO NO...

Keep It Simple

Just throw some ham hunks in the oven....