the CARVER POSTER of the YEAR

Vinyl Discussion
OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

the CARVER POSTER of the YEAR

Post by OconeeOrange » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:21 pm

speakerlabfan wrote:Jimi Hendrix - West Coast Seattle Boy / The Jimi Hendrix Anthology
(2010, Experience Hendrix) STERLING RJ in the deadwax; mastered by Ray Janos, Sterling Sound

Album 7 includes Dec. 1969 & Jan. 1970 NYC Record Plant sessions with Buddy Miles on drums. Also includes a March 1970 track from Olympic Studios in London with Jimi playing with Arthur Lee on Everlasting First. Hot damn, this is GOOD stuff.

like the guy, but not a huge fan -

On the other hand, just want to thank you for taking the time to share all the photos and memories -
I award you the "CARVER" 8) for being the most interesting poster of 2010. (that job of choosing fell to me this year)

Back last year I thought my new project for 2010 was going to be transferring my life collection of LPs to digital. I bought a special turntable preamp that does USB. I read all the thousands of web pages about how to do it right - I am kinda a geek. :(

Suspect it was your posts, don't know, but one night while I was sleeping, it hit me -> why would I do that? ](*,) speakerlabfan is the man with the right idea. =D> =D>

So now I play my digital where it should be played and my LPs on the turntable where they should be played

Got some good transfer stuff new in the box and cheap for anyone who does not understand what I am saying.

Today Ernest Tubb was entertaining my house and all my neighbors - this LP is not available on CD \:D/ Even if it is, sounds better on LP.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVdMaRsJCDk[/youtube]

All who were entertained 'A LOT" by speakerlabfan should post and agree.

Runner up was jag who posted 743 times welcoming guys who never posted here again. :lol:
Last edited by OconeeOrange on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Re: the CARVER POSTER of the YEAR

Post by TNRabbit » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:22 pm

Ditto to what Bill said. Very interesting selections you post.
Last edited by TNRabbit on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:28 pm

yea, but can't get the utube to show up -- help please - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVdMaRsJCDk

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:34 pm

It's easy; you click on the "youtube" button, then post everything after the = sign~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:47 pm

Thanks, the guy looks just like my Pop and if my Pop sang, he would sound just like that.

Merry Christmas to me
=D> =D>

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:13 am

Agreed!!! Speakerlabfan continues to remind me of the joy of vinyl and I see so many album covers that remind me of younger years...thank you "Poster of the Year"!!!!!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:44 pm

kingman wrote:Agreed!!! Speakerlabfan continues to remind me of the joy of vinyl and I see so many album covers that remind me of younger years...thank you "Poster of the Year"!!!!!
I don't have any vinyl - my life's collection vanished? seeing all the stuff posted by Speakerlabfan sure makes me wonder what I am waiting for to jump back in...
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

Return to “Vinyl”