Presidental Election

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Presidental Election

Post by Don » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:12 pm

Borrowed this from another post Terri saw somewhere. Thought I would pass on.

Expect Obama to take an early lead. Romney supporters won't be able to vote until they get off work! :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Re: Presidental Election

Post by kingman » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:12 pm

=D> =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:37 am

Ain't that the truth!!!
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Make America Great Again

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:35 am

Opinion: The 2012 Election And Why You Shouldn’t Care

Posted by RageTheory 10 hours ago

The 2012 election is almost here. It’s that glorious time of year when all the late night viewers get to call in to their favorite reality TV shows and vote for the douche bag they hate the least. Everyone gets so worked up about it. It’s like that simple division between red and blue that is the basis for every major soccer riot of all time. I call it soccer because this is America and all the Euros HATE the fact that football is way better than soccer.

Let me start off by saying that I hate President Obama. However, I also hate Mitt Romney. Both of these candidates are terrible “choices” and the fact that they are competing for the most powerful position in the free world is a joke in and of itself.

Two party politics in America is the biggest illusion of all time. The Republican and Democratic parties have both merged so far to the middle that they can hardly be distinguished any more. They differ over a few highly charged emotional issues, but ultimately there’s only one party in America: the status quo. And believe me, it’s a lame fucking party. It’s a huge cock fest and they ran out of booze like fifty years ago.

The President of the United States is a figurehead. He’s just like the Queen of England. There’s no real power. It’s all for show. He’s a dildo. He can get the job done, but there’s something lifeless and fake about it. By himself, he’s useless. The real power lies in the handlers. You must come to see that the dildo is not to blame. It’s the people holding the dildo, ramming you in the ass with it. Those are the fuckers you gotta watch out for.

The puppet masters mold the man into the perfect image of what they think people will like. It’s all about ratings. If you want to know who’s running things, look for the massive campaign donations from corporations and individuals who stand to profit from the election.

I’m sick of people arguing about which candidate is better. The candidates are actors. They are just reading a script. They aren’t real. The election has been taken over by MTV and the sole purpose is to create as much drama as possible. The goal is to keep people as uninformed about reality as possible. And it’s working…

Six corporations control 90% of American media. Think about that for a moment because it’s fucking insane. Six corporations control 90% of everything you read, watch, and listen to. Want to know who controls the elections? Look at who controls the coverage of the elections. It’s not a difficult mental leap.

Luckily, TFM falls into the 10% of heathen media outside of mega corporate control, but believe me, if a superPAC approached me and offered me a briefcase full of cash to endorse a particular candidate, I would do it in a heartbeat. I’m a whore for money and I have no shame about it. It’s that simple character flaw that allows me to see the same character flaw in society as a whole, especially in politics and “unbiased” news reporting.

What the candidates disagree on is not important. Look at what they do agree on. That’s the key. That’s why third party candidates talking about real issues get no attention in the lamestream media. Both Romney and Obama support provisions in the National Defense Authorization Act that allows the government to indefinitely detain US citizens without trial. You want to talk conspiracy theories? That’s not a theory, that’s a fucking a fact. Google it, I’m not making shit up.

Why isn’t any body talking about that? The NDAA is the greatest civil rights tragedy in American history and neither candidate remotely gives a shit. That’s because their handlers don’t want them to talk about it. They don’t want you to think about it. That’s why American politics don’t matter anymore. It doesn’t matter who you vote for, because both candidates support draconian policies that will move America towards an authoritarian corporate police state.

The only solution that I can see is the resurgence of a viable third party alternative. Unfortunately, there are still millions of uninformed old people that don’t know about the internets. They get all their opinions from six corporations who spend billions of dollars on campaigns to make people see the world through red and blue lenses. Until people wake up and see the two party deception for what it is, voting for a third party is essentially a waste of a vote.

Many people don’t even vote for the candidate they like and identify with. Lots of people just vote for the guy that they hate the least. Picking the lesser of two evils is no way for the greatest nation on Earth to conduct its elections. Hopefully, when enough people realize that the Republican and Democratic parties are both full of shit, a third party alternative might become a possibility. Until then, choose red or blue and shut the fuck up. It’s just two sides to the same coin, so who gives a shit.

On November 6th, I’m going to vote for Romney. Not because I believe he is a quality candidate, but because if he’s elected he will immediately start campaigning for 2016. He’s not going to do anything too drastic that will upset future voters. If Obama gets re-elected, he gets a blank check to stop giving a fuck. Two-term presidents are dangerous to civil liberties. Two-term presidents don’t need to worry about re-election. Obama can bukkake our freedom all he wants without repercussions. What are we going to do, impeach the first black president? White guilt won’t stand for that.

In these times of fake politics, I’d rather have a new guy walking on eggshells for the next four years. I’d rather vote for the actor that makes it more difficult for the Illuminati to enslave us all. I’d rather vote for Romney, because, well, anyone would be better than Obama.

Romney supePAC, please make your check payable to RAGE THEORY, INC.
It’s been a pleasure doing business with you.
Read more at http://totalfratmove.com/1079993#WXZQwk1E7GYvtgZA.99
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:46 am

This country is so fucked. :(
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Make America Great Again

engtaz
"TAZ"

Post by engtaz » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:15 am

Jesse your so right. I will probably be losing my job and my wife was told that the company is getting rid of full time workers. Best case is she stays full time otherwise she loses 10 a week pay. 1/4 of her pay check.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:00 am

Fuck.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

EndersShadow
TFM-55

Post by EndersShadow » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:47 am

Gary, I couldnt agree more..

BrianT hows things in Canada, its starting to look mighty tempting...
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas

PDR
TFM-45

Post by PDR » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:56 pm

EndersShadow wrote:Gary, I couldnt agree more..

BrianT hows things in Canada, its starting to look mighty tempting...
I cant speak for Brian, hes in eastern Canada, although I think theyre doing alright. I hear that
house prices are holding or rising a bit there and that unemployment is going down a bit....but maybe I'm wrong.

I live in the west, in the heart of the oil sands. Here it is busy...always. There are not enough workers to fill the jobs so that we are seeing a lot of foreigners coming in to fill the slots. I work with tradesmen, to give an example....electricians I work with are making about $45 an hr(+10% holiday pay), they work 10.5 hrs a day, after 88 hrs its time and a half, Sundays and holidays are double time. They work a 10 day on 4 day off shift starting on a Tuesday....so theres a Sunday every check......that means if you work a year up here and take 2 wks off at X-mass.....your looking at 130k a year. I've seen the forman wait weeks to get a slot filled, even at these rates.....its crazy.
We work a bit differently, I try to give my men piece work as much as possible....a couple of them will clear about 150k this year....I do this because its so hard to find good competent workers and keep them, the biggest problem is that in the city tradesmen (in my trade) can make 80k or better just on a 40 hrs week.
But how much work can be up there you may ask?....put it this way. We build camps, these are 5 star hotel affairs, They hold anywhere from 2-8k men. I can count 20 camps that I know of..there is at least 100k man power up here....and the camps are being built one after another after another.
There are a lot of American construction companies up here, and quite a few Americans.....I always wonder why there isnt more considering the economy down there and the lack of skilled
people up here......I'm thinking snow and cold.

As far as the election....I'm pissed as well. Obama will make our oil (Bitumen) head to Asia, we up here would rather see it go south as raw product, let you guys refine it.....its a win win.
We had the Governor of Oklahoma up here a few months ago....quite a few Senators as well,
the Company we work for..Devon Energy...is based there. I was hoping that would help get the pipelines approved......I have little hope now with Obama staying in power.

elgrau
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by elgrau » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:19 pm

Yeah; Boeing just announced huge LO's (which evidently have been "in the pipeline" for several months but were agreed to not be announced until after the elections...). Why?? Probably because they were CONTINGENT upon the outcome of the election...
FR: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
LR: AudioEngine wireless link from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 6.5" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-634x 3-4 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: 300 disk changer to Entech 202.5 DAC to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.

nooshinjohn
SILVER-7t

Post by nooshinjohn » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:38 am

laypoffs are just the beginning. Soup kitchens will be where the real money's at...

I agree with Jesse, we are so fucked. Thank God for owning stock in Vaseline, because we are all going to need it.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Triangle Art Reference SE prototype, with Walker Precision speed controller and Origin Conqueror tonearm and Dynaudio 20x2, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Oppo BDP-93

Return to “Politikin' / Ecomony”