FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:23 am

Sunfire Signature Amp and Preamp

<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: Sunfire Signature Amp and Preamp

Hello Bateman101; I don't mean any disrespect but I did notice that on e-bay. Some on this forum actually call it e-prey, haha. because you never know what to expect from e-bay. When I looked at this add it makes me caution myself. I will explain; The first thing I look at is what other item's is he selling? You only list this item? If you had other stereo gear for sell being of high end quality that is a plus. Then I look at your feedback, well, you don't really have that much feedback, but what you do have is good. Then the kicker > this one is a tough one; you have a yellow star meaning a feedback score from 10 to I think it was 49, that would be OK, but your join date compared to what you have sold (feedback yellow star) to me throws a flag. Member since: Jul-25-02 in United States. You have been selling/buying for 7 years? When I see you only have that item for sell along with the other concerns mentioned, I'm sorry, it's pass for me. Again, I don't mean any disrespect, I'm sure your a great guy > Just my opinion, and a heads up that other potential buyers could be thinking the same.
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:38 pm

If they are for sale on eBay, how can you offer it here for some price. What are you going to do about those bidding on eBay if someone here makes you an offer? I personally don't condone using this forum to advertise eBay sales (perhaps some disagree, but, by definition, this is SPAM), when you list something on eBay, if someone bids, it's a contract for them to pay you that price for the item. If that's as high as it goes on eBay and you don't have a minimum that hasn't been reached, you have to sell it to them at that price. If you're thinking of closing the auction early if you get a good offer here, well, I just think that's dishonest, and wouldn't do business with you just because of that.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:31 pm

Not to mention, your moniker says wonders. Whether you knew it or not. If you are throwing up bait, we're not biting.

You know, it's kind of like Mr. Madhoff or whatever the hell that jackass' name was that swindled millions even from his own friends......He "made off" with their money......

Yeah, too many red flags here folks. Pull the Flea-Prey ad and just list it here, that's one thing. Collecting $$$ from multiple sales ads and possibly not shipping the items at all?

We're not biting. Kapiech? Class dismissed.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:04 am

I contacted the seller from his Ebay listing, when he had it listed as a 200wpc cinema grand and not the signature series he currently states. He said it was a listing error made by someone else.
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:19 am

Someone else? Oh, it gets better.......... =;
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:13 pm

Hey, this is near me~.....
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:41 pm

Near enough to check it out and see if it's legit?

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies