FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:17 am

Carver Amazing Loudspeakers

<<

Breaking Glass

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:17 pm

Re: Carver Amazing Loudspeakers

Do whatever you have to do to get a pair, rent a truck, drive half way across the country, trust me it’s worth it. Oh and you are going to need something a lot bigger than that i-pod to drive them.
<<

Reese

TFM-75

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:29 pm

well, welcome aboard, stacksmasher!!!! You've got the right lust and I hope you are patient and find a pair of Amazing Loudspeakers you can snatch up.....The do appear now and then, and might even be near Colorado.

Cheers!

Reese
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought -- JFK

Sunfire Classic Tube Preamp; 2 Carver Silver 7ts, 2 Silver 9ts; bi-amped ALS (Originals upgraded to Platinum), Rane PE15's eq's and Rane AC22 xcrossover; Carver c-19 tube pre;
Carver 390t CD carousel; Carver 490t CD player; BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer; C-9 SH; Sony ES tuner and DAT deck; Sony CD copier/burner; Sony dual cassette deck; TEAC 2340R 4 ch r to r tape deck; Dual CS5000 tt, Shure V15 Type V-MR cartridge
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:08 pm

Welcome
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:48 pm

Welcome to the forum and good luck in finding a set. Keep an eye out on CL, ebay and Audiogon. A set will pop up near were you live.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

erniejade1

TFM-35

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:55 pm

That is a great 1st post! I wish i lived closer to you ( chicago area here)

What everyone is saying about power is ture. I have a set of amazing originals and they do take a lot to push!!
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:59 pm

stacksmasher wrote:When I was a kid I found an audio magazine in my parents mailbox with "current resident" on the address. I asked my parents if I could have it and they allowed me to keep it. Being a kid from a low income but hardworking family reading about audio systems that cost thousands of dollars is like dreaming I could fly, I was certain the only way I would ever be able to enjoy the best musical devices was winning the lotto. In the middle of the magazine there was a review of "Carver Amazing Loudspeakers". I was in awe. I kept asking myself how a speaker so different from everything on the market be so much better, and how could I listen to a pair to understand what everyone was talking about?

Fast forward 25 years. I have just finished college and have a place that is really nice. I realize it has been 15 years since I have had anything more than an iPod to listen to music on. Its time to make my dream come true. Seeing Carvers go for less than $1000 when I used to see them listed for $3000 puts them within my reach.

I am looking for a pair of Carver Amazing Loudspeakers in Colorado. I have cash in hand.

Thanks
Stack

If you are up for a little road trip to the WARM state of Forida, DaveS is selling his Platinum's with freshly rebuilt ribbons, and a 3 month warranty
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies