FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:14 pm

FS: Carver Amazing Mark IV spks w/ active & passive crosover

<<

IronFelix

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:29 pm

FS: Carver Amazing Mark IV spks w/ active & passive crosover

I am selling my Carver Amazing Mark IV speakers with 60-inch ribbons. They are one of the last ones manufactured before production stopped. The cabinets are oak. Ribbons were replaced under warrantee shortly before Carver closed doors. The speakers are in great condition with minor scoff marks on the black support plate.

I did two major upgrades:

1. Internal wiring was replaced and upgraded.
2. Passive crossovers were removed and speakers were re-wired with 2 sets of binding
posts each in order to operate with an active cross-over, which is by far superior set-up. Active crossover is included in this sale. It is stand along box and it is based on well-known circuit board from Clearview with the best quality parts used. Active crossover has low-frequency control to adjust the level of the woofers.

Passive crossovers are also included with this sale and they can be put back if passive operation is envisioned in the future.

The speakers spent most of their time in temperature and humidity controlled storage. The last 2 years they were used as surround speakers in my HT, which is an overkill for that application. The speakers do sound fantastic, particularly with active cross-over and 4-channel amplification.

All in all, the speakers, active cross-over and 2 passive crossovers are for sale. All items are located in Toronto, Canada. Price: $1750 US. I will try to post pictures or at the very least will make them available to those who are interested. Local pick-up is preferred, but I will entertain the possibility of the shipping.

Vadim
vlb@rogers.com
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:49 pm

Re: FS: Carver Amazing Mark IV spks w/ active & passive crosover

Vadim,

Nice speakers, good luck with your sale.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:07 pm

Posting pics tends to increase interest. :)
<<

IronFelix

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:08 pm

BrianT wrote:Vadim,

Nice speakers, good luck with your sale.

Brian

...thanks, Brian!
<<

IronFelix

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:26 pm

gdb wrote:Posting pics tends to increase interest. :)

...indeed. I took some pictures.
I took one speaker out of storage. The focus is not great. Anyway both speakers are in very good shape.

THese are the passive crossovers with control plates. I removed them, so that active set-up may be used.

THis the front of the active cross-over box. The control is wired to adjust the level of the woofers. A high quality Noble pot is used here:

Here is the electronics of the active cross-over. The 'Clearview' circuit board can be seen here.

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:31 am

Would you consider selling me the passive crossovers ?? I want the plates with the pot really.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

IronFelix

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:51 pm

Toy Maker wrote:Would you consider selling me the passive crossovers ?? I want the plates with the pot really.

I would really like to sell the entire package. I have had those speakers and the active box for a long time and I am not using it, so it has to go.

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies