FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:31 pm

WANTED Carver Amazing Loudspeakers Platinum Mark IV Speakers

<<

jck

Newbie

Posts: 24

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:14 pm

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:55 am

WANTED Carver Amazing Loudspeakers Platinum Mark IV Speakers

Still looking. I'm located in the SW Florida area.
<<

Rainman

User avatar

SILVER-7t

Posts: 1023

Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:19 am

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:28 am

Re: WANTED Carver Amazing Loudspeakers Platinum Mark IV Spea

You might want to take a look at these...

Rainman

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl? ... Speak-spea
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

thuffman03

User avatar

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Posts: 2706

Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:07 am

Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:40 am

Re: WANTED Carver Amazing Loudspeakers Platinum Mark IV Spea

I think DaveS still has his plats for sale.

viewtopic.php?f=126&t=10865&start=15
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

Don

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Posts: 2170

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:46 am

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: WANTED Carver Amazing Loudspeakers Platinum Mark IV Spea

jck,

Great speaker choice. Several of us on the forum have and enjoy these speakers, I for one. However, be forewarned. Don't know what you are going to use for driving, but they needs lots of power to make them sing. If you don't have an amp with plenty of guts, plan in your budget on upgrading. Otherwise, you may be disappointed in the sound. However, once the power requirements are satisfied, your jaw will drop at how little you spent for a set of speakers and how good the sound. =D> =D> You will need to check for rotted surrounds and make sure their is no buzzing in the ribbons. An onsite audition is highly recommended unless you buy from a well established member that can confirm there are no issues. As mentioned previously, Dave S may have a pair for sale who can vouch for condition.
<<

TNRabbit

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 13372

Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am

Location: TN Native Languishing in VA

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:10 pm

Re: WANTED Carver Amazing Loudspeakers Platinum Mark IV Spea

Rainman wrote:You might want to take a look at these...

Rainman

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl? ... Speak-spea


Those are ridiculously overpriced.
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

DaveS

User avatar

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Posts: 1350

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:47 am

Location: Sunshine-Empire State

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:22 pm

Re: WANTED Carver Amazing Loudspeakers Platinum Mark IV Spea

SALE PENDING. on mine.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

Rainman

User avatar

SILVER-7t

Posts: 1023

Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:19 am

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:14 am

Re: WANTED Carver Amazing Loudspeakers Platinum Mark IV Spea

TNRabbit wrote:
Rainman wrote:You might want to take a look at these...

Rainman

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl? ... Speak-spea


Those are ridiculously overpriced.


I said "look at them" I do not think I mentioned anything about buying them at a super sale, last day, closeout, one time only, and last chance low price. :D :D But maybe I did.. :-k

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

TNRabbit

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 13372

Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am

Location: TN Native Languishing in VA

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:38 am

Re: WANTED Carver Amazing Loudspeakers Platinum Mark IV Spea

Rainman wrote:
TNRabbit wrote:
Rainman wrote:You might want to take a look at these...

Rainman

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl? ... Speak-spea


Those are ridiculously overpriced.


I said "look at them" I do not think I mentioned anything about buying them at a super sale, last day, closeout, one time only, and last chance low price. :D :D But maybe I did.. :-k

Rainman


I never said you did.
Just making a statement~ :D
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

jck

Newbie

Posts: 24

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:14 pm

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:42 pm

Re: WANTED Carver Amazing Loudspeakers Platinum Mark IV Spea

Don wrote:jck,

Great speaker choice. Several of us on the forum have and enjoy these speakers, I for one. However, be forewarned. Don't know what you are going to use for driving, but they needs lots of power to make them sing. If you don't have an amp with plenty of guts, plan in your budget on upgrading. Otherwise, you may be disappointed in the sound. However, once the power requirements are satisfied, your jaw will drop at how little you spent for a set of speakers and how good the sound. =D> =D> You will need to check for rotted surrounds and make sure their is no buzzing in the ribbons. An onsite audition is highly recommended unless you buy from a well established member that can confirm there are no issues. As mentioned previously, Dave S may have a pair for sale who can vouch for condition.



I have the room and am willing to piece the system together. I listen to everything from Bach to Van Halen and want to experience "real sound". I phoned Dave last year regarding the plats (I moved to his neck of the woods) but lost contact.
<<

jck

Newbie

Posts: 24

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:14 pm

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:27 pm

Re: WANTED Carver Amazing Loudspeakers Platinum Mark IV Spea

I found a pair of plats...are they worth 2500.00?
<<

mbskeam

User avatar

SILVER-7t

Posts: 1991

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:32 am

Location: Woodinville Wa

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:32 pm

Re: WANTED Carver Amazing Loudspeakers Platinum Mark IV Spea

no
unless brand new in the box.
but the woofer surrounds are 20 years old, that is something to keep in mind.....I know all to well.... :( :( :( :( :(
Mbskeam


#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

stevewithrow

User avatar

SILVER-7t

Posts: 1327

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:59 am

Location: Great NorthWest.....Carver Country..

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:55 pm

Re: WANTED Carver Amazing Loudspeakers Platinum Mark IV Spea

jck wrote:I found a pair of plats...are they worth 2500.00?

Maybe in 10 years.....
<<

gdb

User avatar

SILVER-7t

Posts: 1705

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:43 pm

Location: Central Maryland

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:03 pm

Re: WANTED Carver Amazing Loudspeakers Platinum Mark IV Spea

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carver-Amazing-Plat ... 8195789222

carver al plat.jpg
carver al plat.jpg (33.76 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
<<

stevewithrow

User avatar

SILVER-7t

Posts: 1327

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:59 am

Location: Great NorthWest.....Carver Country..

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:40 am

Re: WANTED Carver Amazing Loudspeakers Platinum Mark IV Spea

gdb wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/Carver-Amazing-Platinum-AL-IV-hybrid-ribbon-speakers_W0QQitemZ330442391354QQcategoryZ3276QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7763905848195789222

carver al plat.jpg

does the center channel come with them...????
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

User avatar

SILVER-7t

Posts: 1985

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:04 pm

Location: Austin TX

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:54 am

Re: WANTED Carver Amazing Loudspeakers Platinum Mark IV Spea

stevewithrow wrote:
gdb wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/Carver-Amazing-Platinum-AL-IV-hybrid-ribbon-speakers_W0QQitemZ330442391354QQcategoryZ3276QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7763905848195789222

carver al plat.jpg

does the center channel come with them...????

:lol: I wondered the same thing! :lol:
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
Next

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2011 phpBB Group.