WTB 12" woofers for my Silvers

If you are new to the forum... (less than 50 post member) you are welcome to list your For Sale items here. Members with 50+ posts, will automatically gain access to the larger Marketplace.
Asoundpainter
Newbie 50+

WTB 12" woofers for my Silvers

Post by Asoundpainter » Wed May 05, 2010 6:25 pm

Would love to find anyone able to help a guy with a set of silvers - 6 12" woofers that have defoamed themselves in storage. Got them for 250.00. Ribbons work flawlessly - Thanks to Dave's advice on rebuild. Got to have the lows so I can feel the Blues. Can anyone help? :-({|=

Asoundpainter
Newbie 50+

Re: WTB 12" woofers for my Silvers

Post by Asoundpainter » Thu May 13, 2010 8:49 pm

Asoundpainter wrote:Would love to find anyone able to help a guy with a set of silvers - 6 12" woofers that have defoamed themselves in storage. Got them for 250.00. Ribbons work flawlessly - Thanks to Dave's advice on rebuild. Got to have the lows so I can feel the Blues. Can anyone help? :-({|=
Thought I might try another avenue and see how the dedicated group of Carver lovers would help a brother out. God's Word says "Ask and ye shall receive". Cannot be any plainer than that. I am asking for information regarding getting my deceased 12" woofers either replaced or a source to get the kits to refoam x 6. Help another brother out guys. Help!

mbskeam
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Re: WTB 12" woofers for my Silvers

Post by mbskeam » Thu May 13, 2010 8:51 pm

hey join the club... :-" :-" :-"

going to look into a few options as mine blew apart last night.....
Mbskeam

SILVER 7's
Amazing Line Source
2 SVS PB16 SUBS
#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
WTL Amadeus GTA+DV DRT XV-1t
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"

Return to “Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies”