FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:40 am

Carver AL III + For Sale

<<

gatorvrx

Post Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:15 pm

Carver AL III + For Sale

Black oak, AL III +'s for sale. Very good condition with a couple of minor issues.

1. Previous owner said the dust cap from one of the drivers started coming loose. He glued it back. Not the prettiest glue job, but no issues with either driver.

2. Foam strip(s) was shot and removed. I think it sounds better without them. Replacement foam strips available on eBay for $50.00

3. The base plates appear to have some blisters in the paint? I assume new base plates could be made fairly cheap.

Overall in spite of the issues above, these are very presentable and sound even better. I don't have the power to really get the most out of them, but they still sound very nice with mediocre power.

These are located in the Phoenix AZ area. Would rather not ship. Price is $550.00.

I have many pictures that I could e-mail to interested parties.

Thanks for looking.

Gatorvrx.
Attachments
carver1.jpg
carver1.jpg (65.63 KiB) Viewed 1090 times
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: Carver AL III + For Sale

Good luck selling these.

Hey BillD they are near you & I'm sure you can use another set.

P.S. If you think they sound good where they are in the picture try them out into the room. That alcove may be the absolute worst place for them.

Anyway good luck.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:25 pm

I really want these...but live in S.C.............. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:12 pm

I need a new Ribbon "or" another set of ALS III's so I would take em. Still they are far 4 - 5 hour drive and would not fit in my car...unless,,,Your ever this way in California!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:40 pm

kingman wrote:I really want these...but live in S.C.............. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

We could take my truck, drive out and each take one. :-"
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:10 pm

OconeeOrange wrote:
kingman wrote:I really want these...but live in S.C.............. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

And then go a little more west and stop by my house and have a little meet up and hook up some carver/Sunfire goodies and PARTY in the DESERT!!!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

kingman

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:51 am

OconeeOrange wrote:

WHAT A PAL!!!!! [-X :-" [-X
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:02 am

Can anyone say "Road Trip!" Go for it Kingman!
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

kingman

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:26 pm

29 hours 27 minutes / 1970.41 miles...DAMN!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:45 pm

Think Greyhound bus freight. :-"
<<

marantzfan

Newbie 50+

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:20 am

I thought you had decided to keep these? Guess the wife didn't like them that much after all. :lol:
Sunfire Classic, Sunfire 300, Cambridge DACmagic, Technics SL-1210 M5G w. Benz Micro Silver, Carver Amazing Silver
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:14 pm

kingman wrote:29 hours 27 minutes / 1970.41 miles...DAMN!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

So you saying you really don't want a set of ALIII's if it is going to give you any difficulty in getting them. I am very disappointed.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

gatorvrx

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:33 pm

marantzfan wrote:I thought you had decided to keep these? Guess the wife didn't like them that much after all. :lol:

We decided to change/update the pool table room since we are getting a new pool table, and wanted to put a bar in the alcove where the gear is currently sitting. The only other room in the house where they will fit is the front sitting room, and she didn't like them there! These things are heavy, and I'm not going to carry them up the stairs!

If they sell, they sell, if they don't I'll just put them in the downstairs office and store them.
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:38 pm

gatorvrx wrote:
marantzfan wrote:I thought you had decided to keep these? Guess the wife didn't like them that much after all. :lol:

SHE decided to change/update the pool table room since I am getting a new pool table, and SHE wanted to put a bar in the alcove where the gear is currently sitting. The only other room in the house where they will fit is the front sitting room, and she WILL KILL ME IF I put them there! These things are heavy, and I'm TOO LAZYto carry them up the stairs AND TRY TO MAKE A STAND!

If they sell, they sell, if they don't I'll just put them in the downstairs office and store them.

Fixed it for you... now your logic makes sense! 8-[ :-" :-" :-" :D
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

gatorvrx

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:28 pm

nooshinjohn wrote:
gatorvrx wrote:

SHE decided to change/update the pool table room since I am getting a new pool table, and SHE wanted to put a bar in the alcove where the gear is currently sitting. The only other room in the house where they will fit is the front sitting room, and she WILL KILL ME IF I put them there! These things are heavy, and I'm TOO LAZYto carry them up the stairs AND TRY TO MAKE A STAND!

Fixed it for you... now your logic makes sense! 8-[ :-" :-" :-" :D

=D> =D> =D> =D>
Next

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies