FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:56 pm

Carver Original Amazings w/box, books, sub-bass damper In Tx

<<

buddyiramae

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:36 pm

Carver Original Amazings w/box, books, sub-bass damper In Tx

Hello to all of you Carverphiles. For sale is my pair of the Original Carver Amazing loudspeakers, aka, Carver ALS. They have no issues, whatsoever! The original boxes, packing materials, the Carver Sub-Bass Damper unit & the books plus reviews are included. That makes this package as complete as new. All of the 4-30" true-ribbons & 8-12" woofers are fully functional & intact. Appearance wise, I'll rate them at 8 of 10 due to vintage. In real life, they look gorgeous! If you would like more details, kindly email me. I'll gladly provide you with details. My asking price is a very modest $700.00. Needless to mention, there will be no shipping involved. If you are serious, I recommend an audition. You can listen to them through my Counterpoint or Conrad Johnson amps. You will not be disappointed! My reasons for selling are wrong acoustics in my current stereo room & WAF. LOL

Thanks in advance.

Mike.
Attachments
als rt.JPG
als rt.JPG (2.18 MiB) Viewed 1486 times
als lt.JPG
als lt.JPG (2.17 MiB) Viewed 1486 times
Last edited by buddyiramae on Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:59 pm

Re: Carver Original Amazings w/box, books, sub-bass damper I

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting such huge pics of your speakers. :lol:

Good luck with your sale!
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:15 pm

You know what would be nice? If you gave us a kiss before you try to stick it in! :lol:
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:54 pm

I hope you sell them...how much for the Jim Beam lamp????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:02 pm

Welcome
Friendly advise: your on a public forum and unless you want unwanted phone calls I would erase it.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

buddyiramae

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:18 am

Thanks for the welcome & advice. Will delete cell number. BTW, so far I have had calls for the SL-M3, PX-2 & X-Over only, none for the ALS.
Must be the economy.

Mike.
<<

p928gts1

Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:41 am

these would be great, hope to hear from you soon Mike. and i hope these havent sold yet
Denon 2807, wisdom audio planars, athena's surrounds, behringer dcx2496, carvin dcm1204, tc sounds 8", Samsung Bluray and proscan 55" sound room
Denon 2801, behringer active 8" monitors, athena ws60's back and center, samsung bluray, panasonic 42" plasma Bedroom
Denon 890, B&G Radia mains and center, TC sounds quad coil 15"s with morentz plate amp, athena surrounds, samsung bluray, panasonic plasma, living room
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:02 am

Do you want to sell the PX-2?? I will take it. :-"
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

buddyiramae

Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:08 am

Responses to the above questions:

The table lamp on the floor is not for sale. Sorry, I've had it for 25+ years.

The PX-2 will be available for local pick up only, too fragile to ship :(

Yes, the Carver ALS are still here providing beautiful music sans the lowest octaves due to room+speaker interactions, i.e. null points.

Thanks to this board-members, I'm getting some serious inquiries. :)

Mike.
<<

buddyiramae

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:25 pm

Update as follows:
P928gts came by yesterday & will probably pick them up on Saturday.
Yay, this board rocks & thanks to all of you for your help. I'll delete this ad when they are sold. Then my quest for hybrid Carver ribbon + VMPS lowend will start. Never ending quest for audio nirvana.

Mike.
<<

buddyiramae

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:41 am

The Amazings have been sold. Please read my new post regarding kudos to all of you. Once again, thanks!.

Mike.
<<

p928gts1

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:55 am

Thanks Mike for all your help, with speakers this size moving them has to be a planned event and in our case a couple of planned events. Thanks again. after letting them relax in AC for one day i reassembled and cleaned them. the bases were then upgraded with new T-nuts and stand off bolts that allow them to be almost straight up. i advise anyone who has an issue with the base T-nut coming out due to the bolt becoming a pivot point to put another T-nut on the other side and hammer it in. this allows the longer stand off bolt to be threaded through the entire hole of the base with out gaps to allow movement under the load of moving the entire speaker and is a permanent fix. you wont have to to do this again.
First impressions is that these speakers are all that everyone says they are and way ahead of it's time for when these came out. I have biamped these with a carvin 4 channel amp giving each channel 300 wrms at 4 ohms. it is plenty for them and i will get more for them later but it works great for now. Behringer dcx2496 provides the active crossover and its really all you need. Thanks to everyone in this forum and thanks again Mike and I'm very pleased with this purchase 20 years in the making!
Rob
Denon 2807, wisdom audio planars, athena's surrounds, behringer dcx2496, carvin dcm1204, tc sounds 8", Samsung Bluray and proscan 55" sound room
Denon 2801, behringer active 8" monitors, athena ws60's back and center, samsung bluray, panasonic 42" plasma Bedroom
Denon 890, B&G Radia mains and center, TC sounds quad coil 15"s with morentz plate amp, athena surrounds, samsung bluray, panasonic plasma, living room
<<

kingman

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:59 am

p928gts1 wrote:Thanks Mike for all your help, with speakers this size moving them has to be a planned event and in our case a couple of planned events. Thanks again. after letting them relax in AC for one day i reassembled and cleaned them. the bases were then upgraded with new T-nuts and stand off bolts that allow them to be almost straight up. i advise anyone who has an issue with the base T-nut coming out due to the bolt becoming a pivot point to put another T-nut on the other side and hammer it in. this allows the longer stand off bolt to be threaded through the entire hole of the base with out gaps to allow movement under the load of moving the entire speaker and is a permanent fix. you wont have to to do this again.
First impressions is that these speakers are all that everyone says they are and way ahead of it's time for when these came out. I have biamped these with a carvin 4 channel amp giving each channel 300 wrms at 4 ohms. it is plenty for them and i will get more for them later but it works great for now. Behringer dcx2496 provides the active crossover and its really all you need. Thanks to everyone in this forum and thanks again Mike and I'm very pleased with this purchase 20 years in the making!
Rob

Congrats on your new acquisition!!!! I'm sure they will sound "AMAZING"!!!! =D> =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

buddyiramae

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:10 am

Robert,

Modifying the bases was a great idea. I had always felt that they needed improvement but never did anything due to lack of time.

I am glad that I was able to help & enjoy them in good health. Once again, thanks to you all.

Mike.
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Class Act ! =D> =D> =D>

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies