C-19 vacuum tube reference preamplifier

If you are new to the forum... (less than 50 post member) you are welcome to list your For Sale items here. Members with 50+ posts, will automatically gain access to the larger Marketplace.
gunner64

Re: C-19 vacuum tube reference preamplifier

Post by gunner64 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:57 pm

Speak of the devil,there's a C-19 just listed on ebay.Looks like the top vent panel has some outward dents in it,and it appears to have gotten a bit hot at one time as it Looks like a bit of scorching on the vent panel also.
What the heck,If I have to keep mine no big deal it still looks good with the rest of my stuff even if I'm not using it.I wonder why There is no remote on the C-19,but remotes on the other Preamps Carver made in the same era?There's much more room in the C-19 than in say a CT-17 so I don't think space would have been an issue,and it doesn't get very warm to where One whould think heat would have been a factor.seems a remote would have been almost second nature in a preamp by the time the C-19 was manufactured.

peck555
TFM-6cb

Post by peck555 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:42 am

Purists don't always want remotes, and a tube preamp is a purist preamp. IMHO

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:00 pm

Purists don't always want remotes
...Really...Why??? :-s
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

peck555
TFM-6cb

Post by peck555 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:13 pm

Because of potential noise from the motor on the volume knob, or conversion to digital and back for a digital volume control, but, I like remote operation, tiny noise be damned.

Return to “Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies”