FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:07 am

FS: TFM-4.0t Amp and SD/A-490t Tube CD player

<<

Texas42

Post Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:23 pm

FS: TFM-4.0t Amp and SD/A-490t Tube CD player

Selling my extremely rare TFM-4.0t amplifier and SD/A 490t Tube Reference CD Player. The TFM-4.0t apparently was only made for a month or two as Carver transitioned between the 4.0t and TFM-42/45 series. Cosmetically, it is similar in appearance to the 4.0t but the finish is darker, almost black. It is in very good cosmetic and excellent functional condition. I have never seen another unit like this (I've seen lots of 4.0t's but never a TFM 4.0t) so it may very well be quite collectible. No issues at all. It also matches in appearance the 490t CD player which I just had serviced at Hi-Tech audio Carver Repair Center in August 2010. He replaced the transport mechanism and a couple of out of spec parts and returned it to perfect running order. It looks almost new now and sounds great! Receipt of repair will be included with sale (repair cost was $249). I don't have the original boxes for either unit but do know how to bomb proof an item to even survive FEDEX or UPS. I am asking $675.00 for the amp and $450 for the CD player. I will consider a special 'bundle price' if you buy both. Email if interested.
Attachments
CarverCD2.jpg
CarverCD2.jpg (64.39 KiB) Viewed 815 times
CarverAmp.jpg
CarverAmp.jpg (96.72 KiB) Viewed 815 times
Carver TFM 4.0t, Carver 490t CD Player, Audio Research LS1 Preamp, Audio Research Classic 60 amp, Klipsch Chorus and Martin Logan CLS Speakers.
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:45 am

Re: FS: TFM-4.0t Amp and SD/A-490t Tube CD player

Texas42 wrote:Selling my extremely rare TFM-4.0t amplifier and SD/A 490t Tube Reference CD Player. The TFM-4.0t apparently was only made for a month or two as Carver transitioned between the 4.0t and TFM-42/45 series. Cosmetically, it is similar in appearance to the 4.0t but the finish is darker, almost black. It is in very good cosmetic and excellent functional condition. I have never seen another unit like this (I've seen lots of 4.0t's but never a TFM 4.0t) so it may very well be quite collectible. No issues at all. It also matches in appearance the 490t CD player which I just had serviced at Hi-Tech audio Carver Repair Center in August 2010. He replaced the transport mechanism and a couple of out of spec parts and returned it to perfect running order. It looks almost new now and sounds great! Receipt of repair will be included with sale (repair cost was $249). I don't have the original boxes for either unit but do know how to bomb proof an item to even survive FEDEX or UPS. I am asking $675.00 for the amp and $450 for the CD player. I will consider a special 'bundle price' if you buy both. Email if interested.

The 490t looks real nice, if you had listed it a couple of weeks ago I would have purchased it. I don't listen to CD's but it would have been nice to put in my rack.

My problem with living in Canada is getting things shipped to me, with out getting killed by Canada Customs and high shipping cost's to Canada. That's why I have made a couple of purchase's and had them shipped to
Tom @ Vintage HiFi to bring down to Carverfest for me to pick up. As Tom is leaving for Carverfest today (13th) I think it's a little late to get it to him. If it was listed last week it would not have been a problem.

Good luck on your sale, both items look real nice.

Brian.
Ottawa. Canada.
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

Texas42

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:46 am

No problems. Thought I would list here first for the true Carver-philes before listing on A'gon, ebay, etc.
Carver TFM 4.0t, Carver 490t CD Player, Audio Research LS1 Preamp, Audio Research Classic 60 amp, Klipsch Chorus and Martin Logan CLS Speakers.
<<

mgray

Post Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:44 pm

Have you sold the cd player yet ? my email address is m.gray123@rogers.com
<<

Texas42

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:12 am

Still available. Next stop, Audiogon and/or ebay.

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies