FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:13 am

Sunfire CRM2s

<<

TORO3

M-400t CUBE

Post Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:56 pm

Sunfire CRM2s

I was able to find some Sunfire CRM2s from an independent store down here in Phoenix.

Here's the website: http://www.audiovideochoices.com/

Here's the email: audiovideochoices@cox.net

The CRMs have been in the shop for a while and were owned by one of the staff members. They look really good -- no cosmetic blemishes of any kind. The covers even looked brand new. With all this said, I didn't listen to them.

Priced: $815 (pair)

The owner was willing to go down, but I didn't have the finances to pull the trigger. This business also sells your audio equipment on ebay (I'm assuming for a small commission). Because of this, I'm pretty sure they'd be willing to send you the speakers. I'm assuming you'd have to pay for shipping and handling.

Food for thought.
Sunfire CRM2s, Sunfire CRS3C, Sunfire Cinema Seven, Harmon Kardon AVR240, Sony RCD-W5000

UDUB Football!
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:18 pm

Re: Sunfire CRM2s

I just heard a set at Carverfest this year. They are great sounding speakers. I am looking to get a set but, like you, don't have the $$$ right now. :(
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:29 pm

TORO3 wrote:I was able to find some Sunfire CRM2s from an independent store down here in Phoenix.

Here's the website: http://www.audiovideochoices.com/

Here's the email: audiovideochoices@cox.net

The CRMs have been in the shop for a while and were owned by one of the staff members. They look really good -- no cosmetic blemishes of any kind. The covers even looked brand new. With all this said, I didn't listen to them.

Priced: $815 (pair)

The owner was willing to go down, but I didn't have the finances to pull the trigger. This business also sells your audio equipment on ebay (I'm assuming for a small commission). Because of this, I'm pretty sure they'd be willing to send you the speakers. I'm assuming you'd have to pay for shipping and handling.

Food for thought.
Did he have a center? I've been meaning to go down there for some time now, but just have never made it.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

TORO3

M-400t CUBE

Post Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:52 pm

No, he didn't have a center.

I wish he did. Finding the CRM2C is very difficult to find.

The guy I met, I think his name is Blake, is very nice and willing to enlighten a newbie like me.
Sunfire CRM2s, Sunfire CRS3C, Sunfire Cinema Seven, Harmon Kardon AVR240, Sony RCD-W5000

UDUB Football!
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:16 pm

I sked Bob about a center at the fest & he said they suck !

He suggested getting a pair of the CRM's & using one for the center & the other for a "spare".

I think the ribbon suffers when it is horizontal.
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:18 pm

frankieD wrote:I sked Bob about a center at the fest & he said they suck !

He suggested getting a pair of the CRM's & using one for the center & the other for a "spare".

Frankie,

I read a review also suggesting using a crm-2 as a center.
<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:21 pm

:( :x :( :x :( :x :( :x :(

I have one of those.

I like it but what the hell do I know.

Maybe I should sell it to fund my tubes :D
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
<<

OCCD

Post Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:17 pm

Wow, Bob said the CRM-2C sucks??? I have a Center aka CRM-2C and it KICKS ASS!!! I tried using both ways but the front grill is made to focus forward as not to bleed to much L/R so I say try it first and see what you think and FrankieD your always welcome to stop by and hear my set! Getting a extra pair of CRM-2's will cost lots over finding a deal on a center but "YES" of course it sounds great too and you cant go wrong either way \:D/ its all about the cost and how much you need a center anyway :-k Thought for food...

FIX A CENTER CHANNEL STAND THAT HOLDS THE CRM-2C SIDEWAYS! NOT HORIZONTAL TO MATCH THE OTHER CRM-2 SPEAKERS... :D
Last edited by OCCD on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Give me a "Fist" full of coins and I'll save it for Carver gear!!!
<<

TORO3

M-400t CUBE

Post Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:18 pm

Bill,

Do you know of any other places in Phoenix or N. Arizona that sell Sunfire products?

I've come up empty handed.

UDUB Football!
<<

BillD

Post Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:29 pm

Look on the Sunfire site. There are a couple, but I've never been to them. They mostly look like structured wiring places, and HT installation places.

TORO3

M-400t CUBE

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:20 pm

BillD wrote:Look on the Sunfire site. There are a couple, but I've never been to them. They mostly look like structured wiring places, and HT installation places.

Yea, I've been meaning to give those dealers a call.

Thankfully I had some time today, here's what I found:

Imagine Audio Video
CRM2C = $700
4-5 days to get
Deposit required

I-Wired
CRM2C = $800 Flat (no tax)
Local pickup (It's in your neighborhood -- Scottsdale)

Starpower
CRM2C is "discontinued" from their list
CRS3C = $1099

Avalon Media Systems
Gonna give me a call back

Slechta Systems
Strictly installation

At least those centers are out there somewhere. Too bad we haven't found anywhere to audition them.

Hope this helps.

UDUB Football!
<<

BillD

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:44 pm

I drove by iWired (yes, it's in my neighborhood) and saw no cars or anything like a storefront.

TORO3

M-400t CUBE

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:48 pm

Avalon gave me a call back. He stated that his distributor told him that the CRM2C was discontinued a couple months back.

I guess this means that Sunfire is no longer producing the CRM2C....

Huh.

UDUB Football!
<<

TORO3

M-400t CUBE

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:55 pm

Yea, they said they weren't a store front where they held merchandise.

It seems to me that you would probably have to give them a call first to get the specifics on how you would order the Sunfire from them.

To me, it's weird that one distributor would have access to the CRM2Cs, while another distributor is telling people that Sunfire has discontinued the CRM2C. I'm guessing that one of the distributors has a couple of those speakers stashed in a warehouse near Area 51.

Anyways, I would try giving them a call. If you pull the trigger, let me know how the purchase goes, and whether or not you were able to find any more information regarding the CRM2C as a discontinued product.

I don't know if I mentioned this, but none of the places had Sunfires in stock. All of them need to get the product shipped to them first, before handing it off to you. I realized that I put "Local Pickup" for IWired. I meant to say that once the product arrives at IWired, then you'll be able to do a local pickup.

UDUB Football!
<<

BillD

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:06 pm

My bigger interest was the CRS-3C, but they're kinda pricey. Right now I'm running an M&K S-125C

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies