FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:00 am

Sunfire CRM2s

<<

TORO3

M-400t CUBE

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Sunfire CRM2s

I know what you mean. At least Starpower can get them to you for a little over 1K.

I'm gonna email another guy that's an authorized dealer who also sells B-Stock.

I'll ask him about the CRM2C (for me) and the CRS3C (for you).

When I get a response I'll post the information on this thread.
Sunfire CRM2s, Sunfire CRS3C, Sunfire Cinema Seven, Harmon Kardon AVR240, Sony RCD-W5000

UDUB Football!
<<

TORO3

M-400t CUBE

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:24 pm

Bill,

Corvette from ebay is an authorized dealer of Sunfire products. I double checked this a while back. If you want, you can confirm as well by calling the Sunfire marketing department.

He's got a manufactured refurbished CRS3C for $875 (not including shipping -- probably $40-$50 to AZ from GA).

CRS3C
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sunfire-CRS3C-TRIO- ... 336166af77

Corvette ebay seller page:
http://myworld.ebay.com/corvettec62005/

Hope this helps and Good luck!!!
Sunfire CRM2s, Sunfire CRS3C, Sunfire Cinema Seven, Harmon Kardon AVR240, Sony RCD-W5000

UDUB Football!
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:32 pm

BillD wrote:My bigger interest was the CRS-3C, but they're kinda pricey. Right now I'm running an M&K S-125C

I have the CRS-3 as a stereo set up - http://I'm a Fucking Asshole.typepad.com/I'm a Fucking Asshole/2010/09/no-one-can-do-good-audio-on-a-deck.html

I got mine new with shipping for 1K, but it took a lot of begging.

Try to find these and give a listen. They need a sub of course, but you will be hard pressed to find better at this price in a small speaker - or a big one.
<<

TORO3

M-400t CUBE

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:32 pm

I like the blog, but I like the innovative placement of the speakers even more so. I don't know where you live, but it sure makes me wanna grab a cold one.

UDUB Football!
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:04 pm

What do you guys think about using the CRM2s for main L/R speakers? I have not heard them and would assume a sub would be needed, what you think? The only reason I'm asking is my daughter asked me the other day what would a good shelve speaker be for her small apartment and I thought :-k maybe CRM2s? What is their power rating?
<<

OCCD

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:24 pm

Jag_97470 wrote:What do you guys think about using the CRM2s for main L/R speakers? I have not heard them and would assume a sub would be needed, what you think? The only reason I'm asking is my daughter asked me the other day what would a good shelve speaker be for her small apartment and I thought :-k maybe CRM2s? What is their power rating?

If you don't mine I will answer from my point of view. First the CRM-2's are 400 watts Power handling. They get damn loud! One must also get a sub, No way around it. Putting them on a shelf Kills there Quality sound stage - You may get by better with CRM-3's but not 2's = They need a stand and need to be set-up for proper listening and it takes a little space to get em right so again the 3's are more suited here as well but if all is done correct then you are rewarded with the most amazing speakers in there size made and for that matter almost any speaker! Done right the CRM-2's blow away the 3's in imaging and are Made with S/H in mind \:D/
They have a Loooooong break in period and are a bit harsh till then after that oooooOOOOOHHHH YEAH! *5*

I would like to hear what others out there have to say on them as well... :-"
Give me a "Fist" full of coins and I'll save it for Carver gear!!!
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:26 am

Thanks James, they almost sound more suited for a larger room maybe that must be put on stands. I guess they could be put on stands in a small apartment. Then you have the added expense of the sub. Doesn't sound like they would be practical for her. Thanks for your review. Any suggestions for a somewhat full range bookshelf speaker? Thanks
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:34 am

Jag_97470 wrote:Thanks James, they almost sound more suited for a larger room maybe that must be put on stands. I guess they could be put on stands in a small apartment. Then you have the added expense of the sub. Doesn't sound like they would be practical for her. Thanks for your review. Any suggestions for a somewhat full range bookshelf speaker? Thanks

Jag,

A friend of mine has the PSB Status mini's on a bookshelf. No longer manufactured, but come up used on Audiogon from time to time in the 400 to 500 range. I would think you would be hardpressed to find a better sounding new speaker in that price range. My .02.

Don
<<

OCCD

Post Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:07 pm

Jag_97470 wrote:. Any suggestions for a somewhat full range bookshelf speaker? Thanks

I had a pair of these JBL L20t's and they would fill your needs and sound good. I also had the L60t's but here is a link to a set on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Exquisite-JBL-L20T- ... 20b4246a86

This set is a bit costly and they do come up cheaper from time to time but for maybe kinda larger bookshelf speakers and a price normally $150 to $200 They have a full range sound that were way beyond there time! Now days there are a few good bookshelf speakers but the price is high and some find them a bit Bright so I recommend these because I feel safe in both there sound and price! Here is a set of Paradigm's that may work for you as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pair-Original-Parad ... 563fed99a8

Give me some time and I will find other speakers that are smaller and still have a more full body sound.
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:25 pm

Cool, thanks guys!
<<

TORO3

M-400t CUBE

Post Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:29 pm

TORO3 wrote:Avalon gave me a call back. He stated that his distributor told him that the CRM2C was discontinued a couple months back.

I guess this means that Sunfire is no longer producing the CRM2C....

Huh.

Got confirmation that Sunfire is no longer producing the CRM2C. I guess the majority of people having been purchasing the CRS3C over the CRM2C since the beginning.

UDUB Football!
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:11 pm

OCCD wrote:
Jag_97470 wrote:What do you guys think about using the CRM2s for main L/R speakers? I have not heard them and would assume a sub would be needed, what you think? The only reason I'm asking is my daughter asked me the other day what would a good shelve speaker be for her small apartment and I thought :-k maybe CRM2s? What is their power rating?

If you don't mine I will answer from my point of view. First the CRM-2's are 400 watts Power handling. They get damn loud! One must also get a sub, No way around it. Putting them on a shelf Kills there Quality sound stage - You may get by better with CRM-3's but not 2's = They need a stand and need to be set-up for proper listening and it takes a little space to get em right so again the 3's are more suited here as well but if all is done correct then you are rewarded with the most amazing speakers in there size made and for that matter almost any speaker! Done right the CRM-2's blow away the 3's in imaging and are Made with S/H in mind \:D/
They have a Loooooong break in period and are a bit harsh till then after that oooooOOOOOHHHH YEAH! *5*

Maybe the 2s blow the 3s away, but I doubt that. :rolleyes:

The CRS-3 is a good speaker. Have you heard them used with the power they require?
The 3s cut off at 80hz, so you do need a sub. Maybe the 2s are better for home theater, but I doubt it. No way they could do music as well as they just don't have the equipment inside.
The CRS-3 have a switch on the back for whether they are near or far from a wall. Mine are mounted to the ceiling. I flip the switch some, but I guess better ears than mine will be needed to hear the difference.
<<

OCCD

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:05 pm

OconeeOrange wrote:
OCCD wrote:

Maybe the 2s blow the 3s away, but I doubt that. :rolleyes:

The CRS-3 is a good speaker. Have you heard them used with the power they require?
The 3s cut off at 80hz, so you do need a sub. Maybe the 2s are better for home theater, but I doubt it. No way they could do music as well as they just don't have the equipment inside.
The CRS-3 have a switch on the back for whether they are near or far from a wall. Mine are mounted to the ceiling. I flip the switch some, but I guess better ears than mine will be needed to hear the difference.

OO, in imaging I "ME" do think as far as that goes it does! The side firing drivers do something to grow the sound field and change the timing on when the sound hit's you ears over front drivers even though that fast Ribbon is ever looming right there! With the extra woofer on the 3's and with them all forward firing the 3's have a fuller sound and of course the same single Ribbon. I have heard both pairs and on a Sunfire 5 x 405 amp! I strongly stick to my statement of the CRM-2's with sonic Hologram blowing away the 3's in imaging even though I know they both are using the same Ribbon and that is where most of its coming from but still the side firing drivers change things and its awesome!
Let me know if I am wrong but they both use the same drivers Ribbons and both have the switch on back if up against a wall etc....One has two side firing drivers and the other has 3 front firing drivers and then there Ribbons but adding one more driver adds to higher power handling of 425 watts over just 400 watts, Anyways if you read back I recommended the 3's more unless you have the space etc to do the 2's correct because that is what it takes to get mind blowing imaging that blows away the 3's :lol: I love them both the same and each have there strengths "Full" or "imaging" MOSTLY thanks for speaking your mind on the matter and saying you don't think so! =D>

3's I must add are better WAY better for Home Theater!!!

CRM-3C has 4 woofers CRM-3 have 3 woofers CRM-2 has 2 "Side firing woofers"
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:09 pm

Good response.
I believe you are wrong - but no big deal. You have found what fits your ears.

At any rate, Sunfire perceived those as a failure, tried to improve with the 3s and so it goes.

I know people from the 60's with Sansui Speakers that will fight you if you say things have improved.
](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
<<

OCCD

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:22 pm

OconeeOrange wrote:Good response.
I believe you are wrong - but no big deal. You have found what fits your ears.

At any rate, Sunfire perceived those as a failure, tried to improve with the 3s and so it goes.

I know people from the 60's with Sansui Speakers that will fight you if you say things have improved.
](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

First off - You are not wrong nor am I...
Second if Sunfire see's the CRM-2's as a Failure that would only be due to profits I bet and Bob Carver would surely not agree and when he design the CRM-2's he had sonic Hologram in mind and size and that is why the CRM-2's had the side firing woofers and they were more made as stereo speakers that work well with Multi-channel surround and later were made more to satisfy Multi-channel surround and became CRM-3's with all front firing drivers how ever we are still talking 95% the same speaker really just a different delivery method!

I would not put any of them up against my Platinum's but I find more pleasure out of them over my AL III's when adding my Sunfire Sub so they are BOTH great speakers! I beg you to hear the "2"s done right and if you are ever my way look me up and I will demo my whole set up and you can hear the CRM's on my Tube stuff too \:D/ Like it or not - You will have Fun :D
So I take it you will not trade me a pair of your 3's for a pair of my 2's??? :lol: I have too many 2's and no 3's and you dont have 2's!!!
Last edited by OCCD on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies