FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:12 pm

Just bought my first Sunfire amp-- Selling my Carver gear

<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:39 pm

Just bought my first Sunfire amp-- Selling my Carver gear

I just bought a Sunfire 400x5 amplifier off of audiogon and now I'll be listing my carver gear on ebay in the very near future. I thought I'd put up a quick list of the items I'll be selling in case anyone was interested. You can PM me if you're interested in any or all of these items with an offer or any questions. I'm trying to recoupe the cost of my new amp so I'm looking for fair deals, no give aways, thanks.

Rebuilt @ Ritas 1 yr ago TFM-42, face is perfect top of case has some wear.
Mint condition M-1.5t
Mint condition TFM-25
M-1.0t face is near perfect top has some small scratches and I have a original shipping box.
CD Player SD/A- 490t without remote.

All of these are in perfect working condition and sound great. I have to blame Scarabeo for puting the bug in my ear that sparked my interest in the Sunfire. I really can't imagine my stereo sounding any better then it does now but I guess I'll see what 400 watts of Sunfire power sounds like on my crs-3 and crs-3c combination.
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
(2 Pairs) Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:59 pm

Re: Just bought my first Sunfire amp-- Selling my Carver gea

Congrats on the new Sunfire. It might help to give asking prices for what you are selling.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:11 pm

If anyone wants your 490t, I have a remote I'll sell to you, or them for $45
I lost mine a long time ago, and bought a new one from Rolland when I went to sell my CDP.
Then a few months later, I found the original again.

So, if you or someone else wants a 490t remote let me know.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

TORO3

M-400t CUBE

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:45 pm

jjptkd wrote: I have to blame Scarabeo for puting the bug in my ear that sparked my interest in the Sunfire.

Somehow Scarebeo is always there to offer good advice, or even a good deal -- all of which hurts my PayPal account at the end of the day.
Sunfire CRM2s, Sunfire CRS3C, Sunfire Cinema Seven, Harmon Kardon AVR240, Sony RCD-W5000

UDUB Football!
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:27 pm

jjptkd wrote:I just bought a Sunfire 400x5 amplifier off of audiogon and now I'll be listing my carver gear on ebay in the very near future. I thought I'd put up a quick list of the items I'll be selling in case anyone was interested. You can PM me if you're interested in any or all of these items with an offer or any questions. I'm trying to recoupe the cost of my new amp so I'm looking for fair deals, no give aways, thanks.

Mint condition M-1.5t
Mint condition TFM-25
M-1.0t face is near perfect top has some small scratches and I have a original shipping box.

All of these are in perfect working condition and sound great. I have to blame Scarabeo for puting the bug in my ear that sparked my interest in the Sunfire. I really can't imagine my stereo sounding any better then it does now but I guess I'll see what 400 watts of Sunfire power sounds like on my crs-3 and crs-3c combination.

I believe you will really like the Sunfire and it will bring a diffferent dimension of sound to your cinema ribbons.
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:41 pm

kingman wrote:
jjptkd wrote:I just bought a Sunfire 400x5 amplifier off of audiogon and now I'll be listing my carver gear on ebay in the very near future. I thought I'd put up a quick list of the items I'll be selling in case anyone was interested. You can PM me if you're interested in any or all of these items with an offer or any questions. I'm trying to recoupe the cost of my new amp so I'm looking for fair deals, no give aways, thanks.

Mint condition M-1.5t
Mint condition TFM-25

I believe you will really like the Sunfire and it will bring a diffferent dimension of sound to your cinema ribbons.

kingman put it so much better then I ever could have, Thank you sir! :D

You have now entered into the Twilight zone, A new dimension of Detailed and powerful sound you never knew you were missing > your next stop ------------------------------The Twilight zone...(insert jingle here)...
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:39 pm

Congratulations on your Sunfire, you will like it a lot I'm sure. Nice list of item's you have for sale too, to bad with Christmas just around the corner I have other wish list right now. Good luck on your sale item's.
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:27 pm

we expect a complete report..... :D :D :D :D :D :D
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:08 am

Congrats on your Sunfire purchase. =D> You will love the 400X5.
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:27 am

Congrats on the Sunfire
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:39 am

Thank-you guys for the congrats! The sunfire is a great amplifier and i now know what you mean about hearing new things in my music-- the upper end is sooo much more open and "airy." Cymbals actually sound like they should and overall sound is even more realistic then before. I'm waiting to write a full review as I've added a new subwoofer and am expecting another one next week. \:D/

Now, an update on my Carver gear for sale as I've sold a lot already on eBay and need add a few more items from the depths of my closet. So, here is the new list, anything not here from the old list has been sold, thanks.

TFM-35, near mint with original manual
TFM-25 near mint no manual
Both of these are on eBay already and prices are more flexible for forum members.

c-5 slim mount preamp with rack handles, manual and remote excellent condition
DPL-33 surround sound processer with handles, manual and remote excellent condition.
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
(2 Pairs) Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:49 pm

A new one see's the light of the Sunfire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:01 pm

jjptkd wrote: I'm waiting to write a full review as I've added a new subwoofer and am expecting another one next week. \:D/

=D> I can't wait to hear what you've found in the sound as to older Carver gear! I got my first Sunfire and sold my Carver gear too - Then went crazy and got one Sunfire after another to play with every model / OCCD had some play in the matter but it was well worth every bit of it :D
I sure am enjoying my Sunfire CRS-3's and Congrats on the Subs. =D>
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:20 pm

jjptkd wrote:Thank-you guys for the congrats! The sunfire is a great amplifier and i now know what you mean about hearing new things in my music-- the upper end is sooo much more open and "airy." Cymbals actually sound like they should and overall sound is even more realistic then before. I'm waiting to write a full review as I've added a new subwoofer and am expecting another one next week. \:D/

Now, an update on my Carver gear for sale as I've sold a lot already on eBay and need add a few more items from the depths of my closet. So, here is the new list, anything not here from the old list has been sold, thanks.

TFM-35, near mint with original manual
TFM-25 near mint no manual
Both of these are on eBay already and prices are more flexible for forum members.

c-5 slim mount preamp with rack handles, manual and remote excellent condition
DPL-33 surround sound processer with handles, manual and remote excellent condition.

Congrats again, I love my 200X5. What sub do you have and what are you adding? You going to have 2 subs one for each channel? What speakers are you running? Sorry for all the questions, maybe post some pic's? Thanks
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:14 pm

As I fished today trying to catch supper, I thought about this. I actually read it on the lake. Some idiot has a VERY powerful unprotected wireless system and my tiny net book will not ignore it. As a test, pulled up Carver. My password is 'helpme".
I use the netbook as my music server on the boat, and now am back on the deck.

Reading this post was fun. I love the excitement of ebay, and when I can live it with another and it costs me nothing - \:D/

Wayne let me down here as he got too excited and the flow got him off his signature remark.

I too (like every damn one of you) want to upgrade no matter how much or how little crap I have. We all know no new "whatever" is going to justify spending a bundle on a new "whatever". (except my new $10K interconnects)

A new $2000 dollar "whatever" might be better, but will it actually be $2000 better than the quality of your present system when you play your new Jazz/Rock/artsyfartsy CD/SCDA ? Do you ever just play FleetwoodMac or The Supremes when no one is watching? :D

Everyone on this site has a decent system. In the future, lets all put every upgrade to this test:

Put on a "chick" tune to be fair. Call the wife in to listen. Play the tune.
Plug in the new $2000 "whatever". Play the tune again for the wife.
Let her decide if there was a $2000 improvement. :-({|=

If that fails, go in search of a new family who understands you, jump off a bridge, or just be sneaky about it all.. If she could not hear the difference in before and after with the new 2k "whatever" - it is not actually there - 8)

In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Wayne says that because we listen with our ears and our stupid ----> 8)

Wives don't understand that as long as we can tinker - we MUST

Even though it might be less - still lust for that elusive 600X2 no matter what it actually sounds like.
Next

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies