FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:45 pm

Looking for a single working 60"ribbon

<<

hatrack71

Post Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:20 am

Looking for a single working 60"ribbon

Well, I thought I try to see if anyone has an extra 60" ribbon in excellent condition they would be willing to part with so I can mend my pair of Carver Plats and get them singing again. I can offer cash but prefer to trade other gear. As far as Carver gear is concerned I have two CA900 power amplifiers I could offer up as well as a Carver 900 receiver. I really need a ribbon folks and have been looking for just the right opportunity for a long time. I have a lot of other vintage gear too if there is something you may be after and you have the ribbon/ribbons.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:22 am

Re: Looking for a single working 60"ribbon

hatrack71 wrote:Well, I thought I try to see if anyone has an extra 60" ribbon in excellent condition they would be willing to part with so I can mend my pair of Carver Plats and get them singing again. I can offer cash but prefer to trade other gear. As far as Carver gear is concerned I have two CA900 power amplifiers I could offer up as well as a Carver 900 receiver. I really need a ribbon folks and have been looking for just the right opportunity for a long time. I have a lot of other vintage gear too if there is something you may be after and you have the ribbon/ribbons.

Toy Maker & DaveS sell NOS ribbons. PM them.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:07 pm

If you are in the US, it would probably be better and cheaper to repair your old ribbons.
Here is all the info for repairing your ribbons. http://www.carveraudio.com/ribbonrepair.htm

Be leery of buying old ribbons... they are no newer than the ones you already have.
You could buy one, and have it be in worse shape than the ones you already have, after shipping them.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

hatrack71

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:00 am

I intend to repair the one I have, I just want to acquire ONE now. Someone has got to have a nice single for sale or trade. :D
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:32 am

Sell your extra gear on eBay and pay to have both of your ribbons rebuilt. That would be the best route in my opinion if you plan on keeping the speakers. Good luck either way you go!!!
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
Klipsch KW-120 (2)
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:47 pm

jjptkd wrote:Sell your extra gear on eBay and pay to have both of your ribbons rebuilt. That would be the best route in my opinion if you plan on keeping the speakers. Good luck either way you go!!!

"GREAT IDEA" I second that!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

hatrack71

Post Tue May 31, 2011 9:44 am

Wanted to update this to see if anyone has a single 60" ribbon. I am still looking. :-"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue May 31, 2011 1:07 pm

Pm me a list of toys you'd be willing to trade. Let me see if you have anything I'd like to play with.
Any DSLR cameras or anything? Do I get your broken ribbon in the trade too?
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies