FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:09 am

Wanting to go all-Carver, willing to make Bob Barker deals!

<<

cmk59

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: Wanting to go all-Carver, willing to make Bob Barker dea

TNRabbit wrote:How about just a multi-channel Sunfire for less than you'd pay for all those M400s? (newer & more reliable, too)

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUNFIRE-Signature-Cinema-Grand-5Ch-Amp-Low-Reserve-/270705164250?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0748ffda

This is a Signature model, but the non-sig models always go for under $1K.

Rabbit, I'd happily go for a Sunfire, save I don't have that much cash ready to drop at once, hence the idea for a trade. If somebody had a Cinema Grand he/she'd trade for the stuff I'm offering, I'd be all OVER it!

Thanks for keeping my head in the Carver 'game,' tho!

Chuckster
1. He who does not remember the past is condemned to repeat it. -Santyanna
2. He who does not read & research is repeating the mistakes of the past. - Me
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:33 pm

cmk59 wrote:Haven't heard much lately, but I've now decided to go all-in. After trying to deal with a guy who couldn't sell his 3 non-working M400's on ePray (didn't work out), I've glommed onto a trio of TFM-6CB's. With the CT-27V, they work nicely (with two of the 6CB's monoblocked and the third for the sub), but it reinforces to me that I want four M400's for my system.

Here goes 'gain: I'll put my 3 TFM-6CB's, my Onkyo M504 and some of my Silver Pioneer stuff up for the three M400's I want. On the other hand, if anyone wants my McIntosh 2205 (and?) the 6CB's, four working M400's would fill the bill quite nicely, too.

We'll have to work out the shipping somehow, as the Onkyo and Mac are m o n s t e r s. Any takers now? Please?

Chuck
PM me, or better yet, write me at cmk59@yahoo.com

At the end of the day, you just need to "auction" the stuff you want to change out on ebay or Audigon.
To be honest, you might not get as much as you think fair as the new buyer will not understand how good it has all been for you.

You kinda scared some here when you flared up last month. Being an asshole here is a position already covered by guys like me :rolleyes: , and a few others I will not name - you can read.

I think you need to sell the things you are tired of, get up a budget, and ask the guys here what you can build for X$.

It is okay if you slam me as I fish here for that interaction, but others here are tender as they don't play on college football forums where all those smart ass (but clever) college students hang out.
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:59 pm

OconeeOrange wrote:It is okay if you slam me as I fish here for that interaction, but others here are tender as they don't play on college football forums where all those smart ass (but clever) college students hang out.

In a better world there would be more of cmk59 and no OconeeOrange but that is not going to happen in the REAL world.

OO Post stuff few will read and many will Laugh at and I am trying to help build back his reputation around here but just posting stuff to get post count is not helping! If he would stop posting stuff trying to look like a fool and put meaning to it then its a start.

OO, Your a good Guy but PLEASE stop posting just after me....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:20 pm

N O

You post one line crap after every post.
If I (or anyone) never post after you, we would be unable to post as you put up a one liner after everything.
Your post count might impress some new guy, but the rest here see you as [-X

I put up real info. 8) Most of my posts are too long -> drunken thoughts, but not one liners - :D

You stop posting and I will never post after you again.

Until then, I am on a mission from some god to catch Jag.

Please do not respond to this post until you learn to post more than one line, learn grammar, how to spell, etc. etc ---
I was too hard on you at first because I saw your posts and believed you to be an illegal immigrant due to the quality of your posts.
I apologize that.
Last edited by OconeeOrange on Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:23 pm

1 _________ er
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:27 pm

I rest my case -- :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

cmk59

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:32 pm

Y'know, I'm pretty easy going, even for a guy who's trying to build a dream system on a Colt .45 budget. (Heck, my Colt .45's worth more than some of my stuff...!), but I try to get along with everyone. I'm sorta out 'fishing' myself, but more for information, connections and people to talk with than any kind of provocation. Translation: what happened last month was an aberration, and today's a new day.

I don't try to put my stuff on more venues, etc, because frankly my health won't accommodate all the work it entails to track. (For those who don't know, I'm a DAV on some 18 very heavy drugs for several service and non-service-related problems). I'm not usually very provocative, and the days I'm either coherent and/or (relatively) pain-free are barely discernable - and worthy of red letters in my calendar. I don't dwell on it or talk about it 'cause it sounds whiny, and I'm not that kinda person.

I'm also stuck around the house most of the time (wheelchair/canes) and can't get out much w/o help, so I have to do what I can when I can. I listen to my stereo constantly, watch old TV shows, collect my old Hot Wheels/Matchbox toys, oil cans and books, and go to the firing range or the bookstores when circumstances will allow.

Anyway, I'm just trying to 'small up and simple down' as the song says, and if I don't have money cross my palms, it doesn't get spent on meds, car repairs and such...it stays where it was spent in the first place: in my audio hobby.

That's about it as far as explanations go. I appreciate you one and all for your help and kindness, and you've all helped make 'going Carver' a lot more fun than it was buying my ole Pioneer stuff back in the day!

By the bye, after I was medicaled out of the AF, I earned degrees in English, Journalism, Advertising and Graphic Design...though at my age, they've more wound up as 'busy work' than anything to really earn shekels. It did, however, pay for my hobbies and allow me to meet my wife...a PhD in English Education and TESOL. If and when I don't follow proper English and grammatical conventions, it's either that I'm drugged, tired as hell, or both. That said, my apologies whenever I am not entirely legible to you all.

Thanks, and I hope to talk with more of you later!

Chuckster
Norman, OK
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:39 pm

I rest my case --
...How many left in that case Bill??? 8) 8) 8)
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:11 pm

I just wish all you fucks would stop posting BEFORE me!
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:18 pm

BillD wrote:I just wish all you fucks would stop posting BEFORE me!

:lol:
Well then here's my BEFORE & AFTER 1 _____ er

Every time OO post something a TREE Dies! Every time I post I make a TREE stop and think about getting out and seeing the world!
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Scarabeo wrote:
BillD wrote:I just wish all you fucks would stop posting BEFORE me!

:lol:
Well then here's my BEFORE & AFTER 1 _____ er

Every time OO post something a TREE Dies! Every time I post I make a TREE stop and think about getting out and seeing the world!

See, there you go hijacking this guy's post with a one liner - shame on you =;

To get back to the post --

I too am a vet.
You sound like an interesting guy.
I hope you post often.
Just checked, I have 138 Dean Martin songs.
<<

cmk59

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:47 pm

OO, it's been a year since my last post here...how many Hail Marys? (snicker) I'm not even Catholic! Seriously, I dunno why I dropped off....oh, yeah, the V.A. has been screwin' around with my meds! I'll try to PM you...Oh, and I've got 314 by Dino...

Chuckster
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:14 pm

OO no longer resides here, started his own forum called "I'm a Fucking Asshole," you should check it out.
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
(2 Pairs) Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

cmk59

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:19 pm

jjptkd wrote:OO no longer resides here, started his own forum called "I'm a Fucking Asshole," you should check it out.

Ah. Y'know, with that kind of name, I think I'll take a pass on that, but thanks for the update!

C
<<

cmk59

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:46 pm

OK, I'm a-going to try this again. Got 3 Cubes so far, and the fourth (an 'a' model, I hope) still eludes me. However, that's not slowing me down. Now that I'm back on all the boards, I've updated a bit:

What I've got on offer (some may have to be picked up locally....I won't ship anything larger than what it'd take to put a pair of M500's in, give or take):

1. Polaroid 440 Land Camera Kit. Complete with all original paperwork, flash unit, carry case and even a few unused flash cubes! It is in absolutely perfect mechanical condition and looks as if it came off the factory floor this morning.

2. KLH Model 17 speakers. Well loved, and could use some Olde English, but behind the grilles, I think a previous owner added a ribbon supertweeter. They sound fine and look ok with the grilles on, tho.

3. AKAI SS-110 portable speaker set. Uses large male instrument plug for connection. Cases in near-perfect shape and sound great (2-way with Alinco magnets).

4. Macbook (aluminum case) laptop, 14" screen. Was dropped on one corner with damage to case, but largely still intact. Worked fine till the battery died, which was shortly after I got it and simultaneously discovered I had no power supply!

5. Complete Canon A-1 35mm camera kit. 3 tele-zoom pro lenses, flash, Pelican hard case, filters and accessories --- the body was prof. serviced and is good for another 40 years of service. Batteries included, too. For the right deal, I've got a pair of Sunpak 'potato masher' flash units (Model 433, I think) and a portable battery pack for them I can throw in.

6. The Fisher VX-9 Stereo Speakers. Vintage 1963 or so; cabinets rough, but sound fine. They'll need a bit of Elmer's Wood Glue and a few clamps to tighten 'em up. These 'bookshelf' speakers are H E A V Y and quality, despite the appearance.

7. Infinity RS1001s bookshelf speakers Refoamed woofers; sound dynamite.

8. Three higher-end cassette decks, a TEAC, an Akai and a Pioneer CT-1080.

9. MCS Floorstanding Speakers. No grilles, sound great though! Big and heavy.

10. DeVilbiss D-9000 adjustable CPAP. Works perfectly, and comes with carry case.

12. Sony 5.1 Surround Sound receiver. Got this without instructions, and I can't figure it out for love nor money. Don't want SS anyhow!

13. Again, for those close to Norman, OK, I can offer my 1963 Westinghouse Coca-Cola machine. Looks great, but has no vending 'guts'. With lights, it'd make a great display piece (and storage unit?). About 6' tall, 3' wide, 3'deep.

14. Carver CT-26V Surround Sound Tuner/Preamp with remote. Mint, but no box. Did I mention I didn't want SS?

15. Nice-looking Pioneer RG-2 Reverb (Silver Series). Powers on, but I haven't hooked it up yet to test. I'll let someone else do the testing and discovery; I can't afford any more repair costs.

16. Small - room model GE console stereo, vintage 1964-ish. AM/FM, record player, nice cabinet and upholstery. Just no room for it!

17. And finally, a 'leftover' from my gun cabinet: A 20-rd magazine, I believe for an AK 74 or Mini30? It looks to house something the size of a .223-ish cartridge, but has a spine running along the back of the mag unlike my Mini-14 mags. Just thought I'd throw that out there. I can't use it, after all...

What I'm now looking for is some combination of the following: One (1) Carver M400a Cube amp, a pair (yes, TWO!) of Carver M500 amps, a Carver C5 or PSC-50 'dual zone' preamp, Macintosh solid state amp of at least 200 wpc (think model MC2200 or higher), Macintosh C-26 or higher preamp, DBX 3BX or 4BX, and finally, one Carver C4000 preamp. (The one catch? If I can't locate the C5 or PSC-50, I'll need a pair of C4000's. Loooong story.)

I know this still looks like a lot, but hey, it's really not. I'm trying to go one way with the Carver amps, but would prefer the 500's if I could get 'em...it's just that the Cubes WERE easier to get (up to this point, apparently). The Mac thing, well, if I can go there, I will gladly...I got a good deal on the 2205 I've got, and would love to give it a 'twin' and a pre to match them up with. The more I'm stuck in the house, the more I appreciate my music...

Thanks, y'all!
Chuckster (cmk59)
Previous

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies