4 sale: 6 pieces of Carver Equipment

<<

FastMike68SS

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:54 pm

4 sale: 6 pieces of Carver Equipment

Location: Indianapolis IN, will meet within reasonable distance

what i have:

serial num# DTL 00279 DIGITAL TIME LENS
MODEL C-4000 HIGH FIDELITY CONTROL CONSOLE SONIC HOLOGRAPHY - AUTO CORRELATION PREAMPLIFIER
MODEL TX-11 ASYMMETRICAL CHARGE COUPLED FM DETECTOR QUARTZ SYNTHESIZED FM STEREO TUNER
MODEL M-1.5T 1200 WATT RMS DEMAND RESPONSIVE MAGNETIC FIELD POWER AMPLIFIER
C-2 PREAMPLIFIER
M-400 MAGNETIC FIELD POWER AMPLIFIER

Im not a dealer and im not trying to get top dollar
i have no use/interest for this equipment
im selling for a friend who's deceased relative left behind this collection of carver audio
it has been in storage for the majority of its life and lightly used....from a very wealthy family and was very well taken care of
with minimal "wear and tare"
interested in selling whole or individually
have pics for those interested
NO BOXES OR PAPERWORK/DOCUMENTS/MANUALS
THESE ARE NOT BRAND NEW BUT IN "LIKE NEW" CONDITION

AS FOR PRICE...MAKE OFFER INDIVIDUALLY OR AS A WHOLE...I HAVE GENERAL KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT THESE ARE WORTH SO PLEASE DO NOT INSULT ME
KEEP OFFERS WITHIN REASON...

CONTACT ME BY EMAIL FOR QUICKEST RESPONSE UPINSMOKE1505@YAHOO.COM

**ADDED IN BY DEVIL SPAWN:**
Just to help the guy out, here is the pictures of Mike's stuff:
LINK: http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/ele/2438939739.html

FastMike68SS on craigslist wrote:USED BUT VERY WELL TAKEN CARE OF WITH MINIMAL TO ZERO WEAR AND TEAR HERE ARE THE MODELS NUMBERED 1-7 IN PICS
1. DTL 00279 - DIGITAL TIME LENS
2. MODEL C-4000 HIGH FEDELITY CONTROL CONSOLE SONIC HOLOGRAPHY - AUTO CORRELATION PREAMPLIFIER
3. MODEL TX-11 ASSYMMETRICAL CHARGE COUPLED FM DETECTOR QUARTS SYNTHESIZED FM STEREO TUNER
4. MODEL M-1.5T 1200 WATT RMS DEMAND RESPONSIVE MAGNETIC FIELD POWER AMPLIFIER
5. C-2 PREAMPLIFIER
6. M-400 MAGNETIC FIELD POWER AMPLIFIER
7. AND A PHASE LINEAR MODEL 1300 AV VIDEO SOUND/STEREO NOISE REDUCTION SYSTEM

ALL ITEMS ARE USED, NO ORIGINAL BOXES OR MANUALS
I KNOW WHAT THIS STUFF IS WORTH, I DONT WANT TOP DOLLAR BUT PLEASE KEEP THE OFFERS REASONABLE
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO USE ANY OF THIS SO THE PERSON INTERESTED IS WELCOME TO BRING WHATEVER IS NECCESSARY TO TEST ALL THE EQUIPMENT BEFORE PURCHASE
INTERESTED IN SELLING AS A WHOLE OR INDIVIDUALLY.

<<

FastMike68SS

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:56 pm

Re: 4 sale: 6 pieces of Carver Equipment

VERY VERY MOTIVATED SELLER!!!!
NOT WANTING TO KEEP THIS STUFF SITTING AROUND NOT GETTING USED COLLECTING DUST
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:09 pm

Selling stuff...

First off, pictures would help the sale immensely. 2nd, per forum rules, post the price you want for each or all items.

This is not E-Bay. We are a membership driven forum and the folks here look out for each other. While you may not know it happens, in the past there have been posts like this. The seller took the money from different parties because nobody knew that the items were sold. This forum is not a private auction house either, for any member. This is why we ask for a price and that all communications from both parties stay on this thread.

That said, good luck with the sale and update the thread when something has been sold please.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:10 pm

HUH???? Since you are a newbie there is a shadow of doubt about your sincerety in this deal. Maybe some photos would help. The people here are not adversed to newbies, just want them to be bonified. I'd entertain a bid or two if you can PRODUCE the photos..... :-s
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:25 pm

Could be wrong of course, but everything about this post sounds a bit fishy.... A photo of everything together might help...
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

FastMike68SS

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:55 pm

first off treltz, in the ad it mentions i have pics for those SERIOUSLY interested and will present them upon request

what is the forums rule about posting links from sites other than this one? because i can provide a link to my pics
i havent took the time to go over all the rules of the forum as i am new to the site but im only here because im in charge of selling these possessions in order to settle the estate of the deceased owner...

as of this morning, i had no idea that this equipment had any value nor knew anything about carver audio equipment, now is a totally different story...i know they are valuable and im here as a 1 time seller as a favor to the family of the deceased
started doing research on carver and found out this is probably the place where i need to list this stuff...a place full of collectors looking for a great deal....im used to selling over the internet and i too am skeptic when something sounds too good to be true...but i have this equipment on multiple sites to satisfy the family and get them their money the fastest way possible...im not here to scam someone or get over on anybody...any SERIOUS INQUIRE is more than welcome to pics or videos of the equipment plugged up and working or whatever needs to be done to gain the assurance and trust of the buyer

also, about the price, i know they are all worth good money but coming up with a set price is hard to do when i know nothing about audio equipment nor how its value increases or decreases...i checked on ebay to get an estimate of the price i should ask but im not going to base my asking price off of internet auction prices....they want to sell and sell fast so we are wanting a SERIOUS INQUIRE with SERIOUS OFFERS....as i said WE ARE VERY MOTIVATED SELLERS
no lowballing but at the same time we are not out to squeeze every dollar we can out of the equipment

BUT to comply with forum rules, i could re-post this when i have set prices for everything if necessary
but its first come first serve...ALL OFFERS CONSIDERED FOR ANY INDIVIDUAL PIECE OR ALL TOGETHER

SO BASICALLY WE ARE WAITING FOR SERIOUS INQUIRES TO BRING OFFERS TO THE TABLE...FIRST OFFER COULD GET IT
<<

FastMike68SS

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:31 am

HERE IS LINK TO PICS FOR THOSE WHO ARE HESITANT
THEY HAVE A LITTLE DUST AND MAY NEED A "LIGHT" CLEANING....QUOTES TO PUT EMPHASIS ON THE WORD LIGHT BECAUSE THEY DONT NEED MUCH ATTENTION AT ALL

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/ele/2438939739.html
<<

FastMike68SS

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:32 am

VERY

MOTIVATED

SELLER

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:46 am

Can't be that motivated since you cannot follow the rules.
Last edited by F1nut on Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:14 am

My thoughts exactly...Trigg.

Carver members, walk away from this one or assume any and all responsibility on your own. You have been warned. Not one tear will be shed if you do not heed this advice. This is NOT a joke.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:08 am

Be careful. IMHO, the only way I would consider this is if I was local, could inspect and audition. :-k
Last edited by Don on Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

FastMike68SS

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:48 am

Why is everyone making this out to so farfetch'd?

WOW!!! are you serious!!!...there is no need for armed security guards or none of that
i already said that anyone interested will be given any information , evidence, pics videos they need and can test the equipment before purchase...i want to make sure those interested feel comfortable making offers

as i said before, it may sound too good to be true for some people and i have alot of experience buying and selling online but i usually deal with classic/collector cars....this (audio equip) is not my area of expertise as anyone can obviously tell

do not make me out like im trying to get over on someone please....im not here for that at all
i simply want to get rid of these for the family and the fastest way to do that as with anything is to post it somewhere where collectors are looking for it...

i have no idea what to ask for this stuff as it was not mine and i didnt purchase it new, if that were the case i would have a set price i would like to get out of it

in order for me to comply with forum rules im just going to throw out a price here

$1000 for all, or ALL OFFERS on individual pieces will be considered

by all means if you have any doubt about this stuff, then dont inquire about it and please dont leave replies telling members to run away from a legit deal that you are scared of

THERE ARE 2 DIFFERENT KINDS OF BUYERS/COLLECTORS....THOSE WHO PUT FORTH THE EFFORT TO GET A GOOD DEAL, AND THOSE WHO MISS OUT ON A GOOD DEAL BECAUSE BASHERS WITH NO MONEY HAVE TO PUT THEIR 2 CENTS IN
<<

FastMike68SS

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:55 am

WHAT ELSE COULD I POSSIBLY DO/SAY/POST IN ORDER TO GAIN ASSURANCE THAT THERE IS NOT ONE FAULT ABOUT THIS DEAL AND EVERYTHING THAT HAS BEEN POSTED BY ME IS THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH?

I CANT WAIT UNTIL SOMEONE MANS UP, AND BRINGS AN OFFER TO THE TABLE BECAUSE THEY ARE GOING TO BE POSTING ABOUT WHAT A GREAT DEAL THIS ACTUALLY WAS AND HOW ALL THE BASHERS MISSED OUT BECAUSE THEY ARE SCARED OF A GOOD DEAL WHEN IT COMES AROUND
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:53 am

Last edited by F1nut on Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

FastMike68SS

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:59 am

F1nut, thank you for you contribution to my post but your input is no longer needed nor am i intimidated by your negativity, please refrain from further posting on my thread thanks.

you must fall into the category of ppl with no money just a false opinion about what you cannot afford...

i came here to give a carver collector a good deal and im going to be here until its sold whether you like it or not
Next

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies