FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:55 pm

Parting out Amazing Plats

<<

hatrack71

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:44 am

Parting out Amazing Plats

I am parting out my Carver Amazing Platinums. The ribbons both work, one looks great and sounds perfect, the other has two areas near the bottom where there are a couple small holes- 1 the size of a pinhead, the other just a hair bigger. This ribbon, with the imperfections buzzes at higher volumes. The woofers are the paper cone with foam surrounds and all look great. I have the original bi-wirable crossovers but both plastic terminal buckets are broken. I also have a pair of the Mark IV crossovers with the contour controls. Here is what I am thinking and I will ship on the buyers dime:

60" ribbon pair: $450 plus shipping
8 12" woofers- $75 ?? each
stock crossovers- $50
Mark IV crossovers- $250

I also have all the other parts- grills, stands, ect. Let me know what we can work out. Obviously I will offer a package deal if this is all picked up. I will ship and build wood frames for the ribbons too. The baffles have flaws on one and will be offered for free- local pick up only. Thanks
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:59 am

Re: Parting out Amazing Plats

$1350 plus shipping for parts, no frames or grill covers and a buzzing ribbon? :shock: Good luck!
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
(2 Pairs) Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

hatrack71

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:08 am

Ummm...Ok. I have tried selling them locally for much less with no luck. I am merely going off of both Carver forums for prices I have seen in the past. If you don't think the individual prices are fair, make an offer on the part you want or come pick up the whole lot for much less.
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:15 am

Where are you located?
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

hatrack71

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:25 pm

Helena, MT.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:39 pm

i would love to see a few pics of the crossovers. both versions. another note is that the dynavox 12" are 59 each shipped if you buy the set right now. i did. i know for used oem, i might spend 30 each shipped. but that's just me. i would still be affraid that they will fall apart sooner than later. cheers
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

hatrack71

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:48 am

I will get pics for all of these items. Are the woofers priced too high? Maybe it was $75 a pair I saw? I just want to be fair and that is why I am offering the bits and pieces here- where I know they will be loved and appreciated and handy for someone needing them. I know when I tried to find a replacement ribbon, I had a hell of a time. Here is that opportunity for someone else and as I said I will very carefully pack and ship anything. I have a lot of experience shipping all types of audio gear so rest assured it will arrive in great shape.

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies