FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:25 pm

CARVER AL-IIIs For Sale - Light Oak

<<

wg24skater

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:18 pm

CARVER AL-IIIs For Sale - Light Oak

Im posting my last set of Carver speakers for sale. After owning Amazings and two sets of AL-IIIs this is by far my favorite set (which is why I let them go last).

This is a set of light oak AL-IIIs (not plus+) in perfect working condition. They are original in most regards but not completely untouched. The ribbons are perfect (inspected by a forum member when he picked up my last set). The subs are perfect (and I have an extra original sub to sell with the set). I believe crossovers have been disconnected which is the way I purchased them, which is the unoriginal part. Foam is missing off the ribbons and Carver decals are gone. Other than that cosmetics are very good (8/10). These have had very light use (once every month if that) for the past several years. I recently had a baby so I figure let them go to an appreciative home before my toddler sticks stuff in the foil!

Price is $900 for the pair. Slighly above what I got for my last set but like I said this set sounds better than any set Ive owned.

Call with any questions or to come take a listen. Set is in Merritt Island Florda. Local pick up only!

-Bill
<<

wg24skater

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:20 pm

Re: CARVER AL-IIIs For Sale - Light Oak

One more detail. Theyve been hooked to a Rotel 1090amp for the past several years getting signal from a Parasound Halo P3. Just in case anyone was interested in that detail.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:20 pm

welcome to the forum. as i have several sets ot these ribbons, i will say by your description, that if the x-overs are not in the loop and there is not a electronic x-over to take the place of the passive with two amps for them, then it may be a bad thing as the ribbons really do not like to go below 100hz with any kind of volume. another point to keep in mind is that most sets go for between 400-600 depending on the overall condition that they are in. now with the foam gone, it is another 20-50 bucks to replace it. i am not saying that they will not sell for your asking price at all, and some do just that. i am just saying it is not likely to happen sooner than later. they are i think one of the best speakers on the planet, and even at 900, they are a steal as they originally sold for 3k plus tax. hell, dealer cost back in 92/93 was 519 each plus shipping from the distibutor and/or carver themselfes. so, good hunting with your sale, and please post some photo's as that will help sell them too. i would even remove the ten or so screws of the x-over and snap a few pics of the inside of the cabinet/ x-overs as well. cheers..... :)
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

wg24skater

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:47 am

Price dropped to $750. \:D/ =D> \:D/
<<

wg24skater

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:21 am

SOLD!!

Robert.... Glad they are headed to a good home! Enjoy!

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies