WTB: Phono Stage for Sunfire Vacuum Control Center

<<

Miko1971

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:27 am

WTB: Phono Stage for Sunfire Vacuum Control Center

With or without tubes would be fine!

Thanks!!
(3) Sunfire 300 x 2 - Sunfire Classic Vacuum Tube Control Center - Bag End Infrasub 18 -SoundLab A1's - Panamax 7500 pro -
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: WTB: Phono Stage for Sunfire Vacuum Control Center

Good luck on that. A unit with a phono stage will pop up before a phono card for sale. Did you ever consider a stand alone phono pre like a Project?
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:47 pm

Nice choice Vance!!

Or.....

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=18567

I prefer this one

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Rega Planar3 w/SME 3009iii tonearm, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, CarverFest 2015 speakers, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:25 pm

Magnaryder wrote:Nice choice Vance!!

Or.....

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=18567

I prefer this one

ray

But of course you do! :D
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:01 pm

Miko

As Snoop has said, the phono boards do not come up for sale very often.

Good luck on your such, I hope you find one.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet D400 Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
B&W 803D3 speakers (blk)
Auditorium 23 Cables
Mac Mini Music Server
AudioQuest Diamond USB cable
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
<<

Miko1971

M-400t CUBE

Post Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:58 pm

Hello,
Yea i was hoping someone may have one stashed in box collecting dust somewhere...I'm going to be shipping my preamp off to Audio Horizon ( Joseph Chow ) for upgrades and modifications like replacing the caps with V cap cuTF's silver wire etc.... i thought i'd send the phono stage along and have him wave his wand other that too. Push come to shove, Shindo Labs has a Phono pre amp to die for!

Thanks for the reply's!
(3) Sunfire 300 x 2 - Sunfire Classic Vacuum Tube Control Center - Bag End Infrasub 18 -SoundLab A1's - Panamax 7500 pro -
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:57 pm

Miguel

I have sent you an Email with the Sunfire Pre Schematic you requested.

Good luck with your upgrade, I had the V Caps in one of my Sunfire Preamps
it was a nice upgrade.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet D400 Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
B&W 803D3 speakers (blk)
Auditorium 23 Cables
Mac Mini Music Server
AudioQuest Diamond USB cable
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
<<

Miko1971

M-400t CUBE

Post Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:14 pm

That was fast! thank you so much! now i can really get into this mod/upgrade with Joe Chow. I bought my pre amp brand new and haven't fiddled with it once in the almost 20 years I've owned it. ( god, how can it be almost 20 years already? ) Instead of buying something new ( shindo Giscours, i think i might get one anyway because Ken Shindo passed away and I'm not sure how long they might carry on without him. Aside from Bob Carver, Ken Shindo was another man who i respect and his equipment is beyond reproach ) I think the Classic pre has a ton of potential with the availability of new and improved parts. One of the nice things about Audio Horizons is that they will provide a sheet with the specs before and after the mods/upgrades. I'll post or start a upgrade thread when we start and i'll keep everyone informed as to what we do step by step in transforming a very good tube amp into a kick fucking ass tube pre amp!
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:58 pm

That sounds like a cool project! Too bad Mr Carver would build a newly updated preamp to go with his new product line.. ](*,) ](*,)
Sunfire Ultimate Receiver
Sunfire CRS-3 Ribbon Speakers
Sunfire CRS-3c Center Speaker
Sunfire 12" TrueSub EQ Signature
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:20 am

Miko1971 wrote:That was fast! thank you so much! now i can really get into this mod/upgrade with Joe Chow. I bought my pre amp brand new and haven't fiddled with it once in the almost 20 years I've owned it. ( god, how can it be almost 20 years already? ) Instead of buying something new ( shindo Giscours, i think i might get one anyway because Ken Shindo passed away and I'm not sure how long they might carry on without him. Aside from Bob Carver, Ken Shindo was another man who i respect and his equipment is beyond reproach ) I think the Classic pre has a ton of potential with the availability of new and improved parts. One of the nice things about Audio Horizons is that they will provide a sheet with the specs before and after the mods/upgrades. I'll post or start a upgrade thread when we start and i'll keep everyone informed as to what we do step by step in transforming a very good tube amp into a kick fucking ass tube pre amp!

I look forward to hearing about your upgrades, I'm interested in upgrading my unit as well.

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies