FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:34 am

Carver TFM-42 Amp and Carver sd/a-370 10 cd changer/player

<<

johnnyx11

Post Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:26 pm

Carver TFM-42 Amp and Carver sd/a-370 10 cd changer/player

Hi everyone,
I originally came up on a few carver items when a rich girlfriends dad wanted to get rid of his old system. I am not an audio guru like most of you here, I hadn't even heard of carver before...but the units are in nice condition and he was a 'top of the line' type of guy, so when he offered me the bundle for really cheap, i jumped on it.
I bought a CT-17 Pre amp Tuner, (Two) Tfm-42 Amps and a sd/a-370 10 cd changer. I have currently tried out everything except the cd changer/player because he had lost the CD BOOK/Disc Holder. I am not sure what the unit is called, but the part that you put the CD's into. I have tried out the two amps and the Tuner and I am absolutely amazed!
So heres the situation....
I currently only have use for the CT tuner and one of the TFM amps, I was planning on holding onto the other amp and cd player till and build more with them in the future, however a recent tragedy in life has left me in need of some extra cash. My dog was involved in an incident and was put on death row. After immense effort I was able to get him into a rescue where he is going to be given another chance at life. If any of you browse craigslist, you might have seen the many posts about it on there. The rescue has been extremely expensive and I have reluctantly decided to sell one of the amps and the cd changer. I found this forum site when I was originally looking for information on these amps months ago. I have since joined and realized you are mostly gods of audio around here, who seem to know everything and more about carver gear. I figured it would only be right to try and sell them on here first! I would prefer an in person transaction, I live in Carpinteria, California (right next to Santa Barbara) so if there is anyone interested that lives close, feel free to call me anytime. The reason I would prefer this is because I am in a hurry to sell items, I would like to get the funds to my dog as soon as possible. Also because I want to be sure the person who is purchasing is completely satisfied. But If you are not local, I would still be willing to sell them to you.
So just to be clear:
I AM SELLING
(1) Carver Tfm-42 Power Amp
(1) Carver sd/a-370 10 Cd changer

To be honest, I am not sure the price that these are worth, any input or responses on what is fair would be greatly appreciated. I am not looking to rip anyone off or be ripped off. I am hoping I will receive appropriate offers given I am doing this to fund the saving of my dogs life.
Please comment me back here, email me or even call me on the phone at your convenience.

~Sincerely
Colin Samway
805*679*1402
colinsamway@gmail.com
Last edited by johnnyx11 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proton AL200A Speakers (x 2)
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:52 pm

Re: Carver TFM-42 Amp and Carver sd/a-370 10 cd changer/player

-dbl prayers for your doggie :(

-good luck guy
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:59 pm

+1 to what maxxx said, I just dropped over five thou on one of my dogs while everyone was telling me I was crazy and to put her to sleep!! Fu@k em, do what you gotta do ! I'd think you could get a quick local sale on CL for around $300 for the amp, don't know what the changer might be worth. Good luck and best wishes to you and your dog!!Geoff :)
<<

johnnyx11

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:44 pm

Thanks for your support guys! I havn't had an offers on the amp yet, but I just saw one sell on ebay for over $500. I am going to post it on craigslist today for $450 obo. I am hoping to get at least $350 for it. But as I said, I do have much respect for the carver forum, so if any of you are interested, I would take $300 from a member of this forum. Hit me up if you are interested! I have pics if you really want, the unit is PERFECT except a few scratches on the top, once it is racked, you cannot even see it.
~Colin
805*679*1402
Proton AL200A Speakers (x 2)

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies