FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:07 am

Carver Silver 9T's for sale

<<

ferrari

TFM-35

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:46 pm

Re: Carver Silver 9T's for sale

dont dig your self a larger hole. Do you mean to tell me that you dont know the difference between PLASTIC and FIBERGLASS ???
I dont think the members are going to buy your line or trust you. See ya later
Ferrari
keep the faith my friends :)
<<

ferrari

TFM-35

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:53 pm

for everybodys attention, from now on if someone tells you your shoes are made of gold, dont look down and see for yourself.
I have never been upset or pissed off yet on this forum, but he has pulled my chain. I am thru replying to this member.
Ferrari
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:56 pm

Don't get worked up Ferrari, he shouldn't be selling here at all. I'm surprised the post count police haven't stopped him already. I don't think anyone will buy from him now, anyway.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

gnwt

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:58 pm

Thank you..now we can have some get on with some intelligent and relevant posting..
<<

BillD

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:03 pm

Oh, I'm sorry — this is the For Sale thread for NEWBIES. My mistake. Caveat emptor #-o

ferrari

TFM-35

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:23 pm

=D>
<<

gnwt

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:29 pm

I have had many pieces of Phase Linear equipment..bought new in the 1970's ..the Phase linear 400's, Phase Linear 4000 , Phase Linear 7000 II (still own)..not really a newbie..as far as Carver is concerned and met Bob at several of the Vegas shows...only a newbie here..I've been an audiophile since the 1960's..and have much experience maintaing my equipment..most meticulously maintained as shown in my feedbacks..
and in certainly versed in the use of great english..and decorum..which does not appear to in today's world..no respect..just the ability to criticize and call people names and denigrate them..wheres the audio sense of community?
<<

ferrari

TFM-35

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:42 pm

Jessie and Dave or moderators.
Why on earth did you guys remove my remarks.

All I did was to question in good wording, why he said that his plastic bases which are no doubt light when he picks them up are glass and say that they are glass when they are plastic even after telling him about it. All he had to do would be to admit it and it would have been over. I cant believe that you guys did this to me when all I was trying to do was to clarify something that a newbie said about a sale when he has 5 or whatever posts. I was trying to help the forum..
take care...
somebody wants me off this great forum. I will never cut down the forum, no matter what happens.
I want to say to all of my friends and to those of you who dont seem to be now, that it has been an extreme pleasure to have gotten the chance to know you. You have been supportive of me and I never got mixed up in anthing that wasnt my buisness. I tried to be as posative as I could and the forum never had a member that loved the forum as much as I did. I sold equipment to members and they were happy. I gave away things and charged no one a cent. I tried to help and bolster the good name of this forum.
Somewhere I did something wrong that some didnt like. Maybe some people dont think that I should have all this carver stuff and bad enought yet, to have the nerve to post pics of it must have been too much. Most people likes my wild ideas. I did feel a bit guilty talking about my system and my ways of setting it up. Maybe that was it. I cant believe my remarks were removed. Why not his. He prolonged it also.
I am really sorry to the forum for getting upset earlier. I am sorry that I originally just asked a simple question. I shouldnt have.
Please do not remove this post. I want my friends to have a chance to read it and to know that I think a lot of them.
They are a great bunch of guys and gals. This is still the best darn forum going, and it will continue to be so. I dont know what is going to happen next. They will tell me I guess. I really am sorry to have caused this mess .
AND THIS, to the abused party, I dont know your name yet. I appologize to you. You are no doubt a very astute audio lover. I am sorry that I upset you today. I wish it had never happened.
I hope that you dont hold this great forum responsable for my actions. You will find a real nice bunch of people of whome some were kind above the norm. Please try to forget this problem and try to get to know these guys. I take depression medicine and ran out yesterday. I get more tomorrow, thank god. I guess I lost it.
If my comments werent reasonable, the I dont have the right to be part of the 09 Carver fest. I called Brandy in N Carolina and got my money back for the cabin. Both rooms are now available to the members. I shouldnt have grabbed it up so soon. There are plenty of more solid members who deserve it more. I couldnt live thinking that someone couldn take their family because of me. You guys deserve first dibbs on the cabins. I will probably still drive down for 2 days and meet some of my friends. I will just stay in my truck overnight. Then I will go home. Im sorry about this mess. I never thought this would happen to me.
Thank you everyone for all of your support and thank you James
Have fun \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Ferrariiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiishifting gears :lol:
Last edited by ferrari on Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Reese

TFM-75

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:08 pm

I have Silver 9t's on dark glass bases -- and I'd be hard pressed to say from these photos that they're different from mine in edge finish -- bullnosed? Maybe mine are. Square-cut with rounded edges -- maybe that describes them, too. But I'd not jump to conclusions that those in the picture are acrylic necessarily. If the paperwork says glass and the seller says glass, I'd think it's a forum member's word against the owner's. Do we know accurately if glass bases' edges were all finished the same by Carver anyway?

(And I bought my Silver 7t's WITHOUT any bases at all from Ferrari -- I don't recall if the originals came new with plastic or glass or one needed to purchase them separately, but it wasn't a huge consequence. I went and bought two heavy acrylic cutting boards at Bed Bath & Beyond to set the amps on, just for appearance sake. The equipment from and transaction with Ferrari were excellent, too. I just beg you guys to return this thread to a convivial tone, please. ) O:)
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought -- JFK

Sunfire Classic Tube Preamp; 2 Carver Silver 7ts, 2 Silver 9ts; bi-amped ALS (Originals upgraded to Platinum), Rane PE15's eq's and Rane AC22 xcrossover; Carver c-19 tube pre;
Carver 390t CD carousel; Carver 490t CD player; BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer; C-9 SH; Sony ES tuner and DAT deck; Sony CD copier/burner; Sony dual cassette deck; TEAC 2340R 4 ch r to r tape deck; Dual CS5000 tt, Shure V15 Type V-MR cartridge
<<

BillD

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:18 pm

BTW — I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. I just didn't realize this was in the Newbies Buy/Sell thread. I just go look for all new posts and read them in reverse order. I thought it was out in the audio section.

As we all know, this thread was created for just this purpose. Long standing members need to recognize that there can be hit-and-run deals that go down here. That's why I said Caveat emptor.

gnwt

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:22 pm

Thanks ..and well spoken..
I have noticed posts indicating blue lights..are they bulbs or LED's and do they require mods?
<<

ferrari

TFM-35

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:36 pm

GNWT you are welcome
I appologize again, and a word to an above post,,,,,The 7ts I sold to the forum I bought from EBAY and they had no bases or I would have sent them w the amps.

Thank you
Terry Story in Vermont
<<

gnwt

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:36 pm

Apology accepted..sorry we got off to a bad note..we both like our Carver's..I started off with the M-400's..then to the 400t ..1.5's Carver silver 7t's then the 9t's..the C-4000, C-4000t's Tx-11, Tx-11a and the DPL 33 and the tube pre-amp C-19?..then add Phase Linear equipment and now the sunfire stereo amp
<<

ferrari

TFM-35

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:43 pm

Thank you. I hope you enjoy the forum.....see ya
<<

Robert R

TFM-35

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:54 pm

Wah! The newbies sale section was supposed to prevent these sorts of confusions. Probably better if it the section didn't appear in the New Posts list at all. Very easy to miss the fine print that tells what heading a new post is categorized under. If it's not there at all, anyone who's averse to dealing with strangers never has to see any of the ads there, and so fewer mixups and misunderstandings.

A lot of people very passionate about the Forum; at least we care, and that's how it gets better.

Robert R
"You know what folks? I'm happy."
PreviousNext

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies