FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:36 pm

NewBees must smell bad

<<

atwaterkent

Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:24 pm

NewBees must smell bad

So if I flood the site with 50 meaningless posts Then I will be allowed to post with the BIG BOYS?

Isn't there any kind of affirmative action program for Carver non-Elitests?
LC
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:36 pm

naw...only the senoir members smell bad......

Not that I'm aware of but welcome to the forum! It's not that you smell bad or anything, it's just that as you become more and more involved with this wonderful forum the more rewards you are exposed to. You are still to my knowledge eligible for raffles, you can still list your gear for sale [which wasn't the case until recently] and you can still ask the same questions and receive the best of the available information concerning everything Carver.

This forum IMO is one of the best collection of audio and Carver fans out there. Don't sweat what you get past 50 posts, just have fun on the journey to get there. Trust me, you probably won't even know that you just surpassed 50 because knowing us? You'll be lost somewhere in a discussion about the wonderful hobby that we all enjoy together.

We'll see ya' 'round campus chief!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:55 pm

Re: NewBees must smell bad

atwaterkent wrote:So if I flood the site with 50 meaningless posts Then I will be allowed to post with the BIG BOYS?

LC

WELCOME, LC!

These impediments were put into place to stop hit-&-run types who only want to "use" the forum members & not be contributing members. These rules were based on experience & believe me, there was a lot of discussion on many of them before they were implemented.

If you're just being funny.....HAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHA!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:07 pm

Welcome! Isn't Atwater Kent an old manufacturer of radios or sumthin like that?? :-k Geoff --PS;I haven't had John Waters over to install "Smellivision" yet.... so I can't really tell what you smell like! :lol:
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:19 pm

Yeah, but see.... If you just start posting total junk and crap, I can delete them and make to where you never reach the magic 50 :lol:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

PDR

TFM-45

Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:45 pm

Newbies take,

It wasnt till the last few years that I've been able to take advantage of a life of hard work. Raising my family always was #1 but there was music in our lives everyday, not cheap gear but nowhere close to what I have today
I've always been afan of my fathers in-laws audio systems and he always had his phase linear gear front and center....he just loved that stuff!
When it came time (when I could afford) for me to upgrade he showed me the Sunfire gear and said thats Bob Carver stuff, guy that designed my phase linear.....I bought it and haven't looked back.
Since then Ive added and subtracted to my gear, but the Sunfire stuff will always stay.
So what I'm getting at is because I'm pretty new to this "Audio" thing I really don't have that much to offer to a group of audiophiles. But man there is a ton of stuff that I've absorbed in the last 4-5 months just about every day I learn something new from this forum. Its also VERY entertaining, Many nights I'll be in the computer room and my wife will say whats so funny and I'll say you should see what so and so just said to so and so!
I just hit 50 posts the other day and like treitz said I didn't even know until all that stuff came out on the main page.I come to this forum everyday, most days multiple times, I just dont have much to contribute, I hope this does not make me a hit and runner.....maybe a hit and lurker!
For what it is worth, I do Know a lot about the wall and ceiling industry..30 yrs worth if any of you have any questions on STC ratings and assemblies, accoustic ceilings and the such, if I dont know I could probably find out.
Thanks for all the help from you guys in the last few months I look forward to many more!

Perry
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:26 pm

I haven't had John Waters over to install "Smellivision" yet....

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

If you just start posting total junk and crap, I can delete them and make to where you never reach the magic 50

Double WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:48 pm

atwaterkent wrote:So if I flood the site with 50 meaningless posts Then I will be allowed to post with the BIG BOYS?

LC

-WELCOME to the Forum guy \:D/

-big boys...heck im only 5' nuthin" hehe...maybe list your system, that usually brings conversation [more than you wanted]

-this Forum iz the ez ist on 'new folks' that ive ever encountered

-and again welcome, mr atw !!!
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
<<

HRDROKN

TFM-45

Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:04 pm

Welcome!

50 posts.... no problem!

\:D/
HRDROKN
MC-7P tube preanp, BBE2002R, Marchand XM44, TFM-35x .002, TFM-35x, M1.0t MKII .002, M500t, Silver 7t's, SDA-360 and Klipsch KLF-30's w/crites crossovers...
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:30 pm

PDR wrote:Newbies take,

It wasnt till the last few years that I've been able to take advantage of a life of hard work. Raising my family always was #1 but there was music in our lives everyday, not cheap gear but nowhere close to what I have today
So what I'm getting at is because I'm pretty new to this "Audio" thing I really don't have that much to offer to a group of audiophiles. But man there is a ton of stuff that I've absorbed in the last 4-5 months just about every day I learn something new from this forum. Its also VERY entertaining, Many nights I'll be in the computer room and my wife will say whats so funny and I'll say you should see what so and so just said to so and so!
Thanks for all the help from you guys in the last few months I look forward to many more!

Perry

Perry,

I had to edit your post, to match my situation, I am not to much on contributing as like you as "I really don't have that much to offer to a group of audiophiles" but I read and learn every day.

Thanks to all the great people on this site.

Brian.
Last edited by BrianT on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:48 pm

BrianT wrote:

So what I'm getting at is because I'm pretty new to this "Audio" thing
  Code:
I really don't have that much to offer to a group of audiophiles
. But man there is a ton of stuff that I've absorbed in the last 4-5 months just about every day I learn something new from this forum. Its also VERY entertaining, Many nights I'll be in the computer room and my wife will say whats so funny and I'll say you should see what so and so just said to so and so!

Perry

Perry,

I had to edit your post, to match my situation, I am not to much on contributing as like you as "I really don't have that much to offer to a group of audiophiles" but I read and learn every day.

Brian.

-audiophile ???, im just a music lover and a 'grease monkey' by trade...farthest thing from an audiophile imaginable, still no one objects on this board :D gotta love that !!!
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:00 pm

maddmaxxx wrote:
BrianT wrote:

So what I'm getting at is because I'm pretty new to this "Audio" thing
  Code:
I really don't have that much to offer to a group of audiophiles
. But man there is a ton of stuff that I've absorbed in the last 4-5 months just about every day I learn something new from this forum. Its also VERY entertaining, Many nights I'll be in the computer room and my wife will say whats so funny and I'll say you should see what so and so just said to so and so!

Perry

Perry,

Brian.

-audiophile ???, im just a music lover and a 'grease monkey' by trade...farthest thing from an audiophile imaginable, still no one objects on this board :D gotta love that !!!

Ditto; I might be an audio "NUT" but certainly not an Audio file....
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:01 pm

[/quote]

:D gotta love that !!![/quote]

Maddmaxxx

To true.
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

ferrari

TFM-35

Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:24 pm

Forget about how many posts you have. The main idea is to be honest and open with the members. You will be accepted by the forum.
Just be involved and have fun.
Ferrari
keep the faith my friends :)
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:40 pm

Welcome to this great forum! And hang in there! It is my understanding when I hit ONE MILLION post, ToyMaker will send me a Mint pair of Carver Mono Blocks! I can't wait!! That is right? isn't James??
Yes! I like that idea, let's all vote on it?
I Vote = Yes
LOL
Next

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies