FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:18 pm

rack handles

<<

donberry

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:56 pm

rack handles

is there a source for rack handles? I have seen a few posts saying there were some on ebay a while ago, wonder if there is a source for these or what other people are using - thanks
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: rack handles

Yep, EBAY is probably your only source. Making a set of custom-made one-off handles is possible if you have access to a machine shop and the right skills, but matching the "Carver finish", be it the older gray, or the new black is tough--they were proprietary finishes, and folks sem to agree that matching the colors is pretty tough.

I've picked up several sets of handles for my M-500t's on EBAY for a reasonable price. Those same handles also fit the TX-11 series of tuners. A pair will turn up on EBAY ever couple months or so...

Finding rack ears for the black (TFM) amps cn be a lot more of a challenge though.

Good luck.

--Richard
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:38 pm

Dreamer, Dreamer, Dreamer....... you obviously missed this post I made ages ago. This is the place where Carver got most of the small hardware for his components, such as handles, spacersm etc ....

https://secure.lyntron.com/LT_Catalog/PartFamily.aspx

You will find full details in the Hard to Find Parts thread. Only problem is that they only sell in bulk, but they might be able to direct you to one of their distributors.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:40 pm

KICKASS link Obi !!!

I remember seeing that one years ago, but never saved it.
I will this time.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:46 pm

They have the actual handles, but not the rack ears used for amps like the M500t.
<<

donberry

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:05 pm

was not sure what handles to look up there, but curious if a group buy was ever considered, depending of course on what they consider bulk.
Gave me a good idea though, we have a old fashioned hardware store, place sells everything, will check them out after I pick up the amp
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:58 pm

Lyntron deals mainly with distributors, so you should contact them for a local dealer or distrubutor you can buy from.

BTW ToyMaker, I did link their site about a year ago in the aforementionned post. Not my fault no one bothered to read it.
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:03 pm

donberry wrote:was not sure what handles to look up there, but curious if a group buy was ever considered, depending of course on what they consider bulk.
Gave me a good idea though, we have a old fashioned hardware store, place sells everything, will check them out after I pick up the amp

Easy enough donberry. The handles are usually the ones with a round cross-section and an internal thread. You measure the distance between the hole centres on your front panel and match to the correct size. Don't forget the Ferrules unless you want to scratch the front panel when installing the handles and you are set.
<<

donberry

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:19 am

also curious about the racks they came in? I see ones on ebay, but not like the ones they always had displayed in the Px.
<<

ViperZ

M-400t CUBE

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:01 pm

OBI56 wrote:Dreamer, Dreamer, Dreamer....... you obviously missed this post I made ages ago. This is the place where Carver got most of the small hardware for his components, such as handles, spacersm etc ....

https://secure.lyntron.com/LT_Catalog/PartFamily.aspx

You will find full details in the Hard to Find Parts thread. Only problem is that they only sell in bulk, but they might be able to direct you to one of their distributors.

Extra handles, here we come :)
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:26 pm

donberry wrote:also curious about the racks they came in? I see ones on ebay, but not like the ones they always had displayed in the Px.

the racks they came in???

Equipment racks are standard in dimensions which is why they call them standard equipment racks! You can buy them plain and industrial looking or get some really fancy ones that cost thousands of dollars from hundreds of different suppliers.

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies