FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:35 am

Carver Amazing Loudspeakers

<<

shadowofnight

Newbie 50+

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:18 pm

Carver Amazing Loudspeakers

shadowofnight wrote:I picked these up for 205 bucks ( 200 for the speakers....5 dollars for using his entire roll of tape to secure cardboard around the speakers for safe travel :) ) and paid 100 to get them to where they sit...so into them for 305 total.

All 8 woofers replaced 3 or so years ago by seller...I pulled the grills off to verify this...8 great looking honeycomb woofers with nice surrounds )

Speakers sounded fantastic with his receiver ( Not what you want to drive these as we know, but for garage testing duty it did fine )

Also sounded fantastic with an Audiosource Amp 300 I had given to my friend where the speakers are now.

Today I was going to trade another forum member straight across for his 70 watt tube amplifier...he dropped it putting it into his car today ( Not all the way to the floor dropped, but unbalanced in his hand setting it in and a tube hit and shattered )

He ( Azi from the Polk forum...very nice guy :) ) also brought a pair of 600 watt mono amps with him that he was planning on using to drive the Amazings.

We hooked up the mono amps, and they sounded fantastic until you got into some serious volume level...then the lower left ribbon on the Left channel started emitting a buzz :( ....right channel was perfect at high volume.

This was the same lower ribbon on the left channel I noticed had 1 of the magnets misaligned from the rest...but with the receiver and lower powered amps didnt hear any buzzing so I disregarded it.

So, thinking that the lower ribbon needed replaced anyways ...I just tried to see if it would move over back in alignment....big mistake...caught on the mylar and now there is a nice open trace and the ribbon array doesnt play anymore...with or without buzzing.

They were too big for Azi's spot in his room anyways , and I told him his Polks sounded better anyways ( He has very nice SDA 2's )

The fronts are great( One grill has a single snag...other flawless...paint front on both is great ) ....backs are great( Paint great...both woofer covers fine ) ....edges have scrapes ( Whoever transported them prior didnt protect the edges as they should have ) .

I need these GONE , and dont want to spend cash on a replacement ribbon when I dont have room in my house AND like my many polks better anyways. ( I LOVE my Carver silver seven t's and TFM-35X though )

Suck day for poor Azi's tube amp and my ribbon gave me a buzz....300 bucks or trade for some nice surround speakers...polks preferably...something like some FX500i's...something like that...even nice bookshelf speakers would do. They are in Gilroy CA at the moment....

<<

shadowofnight

Newbie 50+

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:19 pm

Re: Carver Amazing Loudspeakers

reserved
<<

shadowofnight

Newbie 50+

Post Wed May 13, 2009 1:49 pm

I dont have anyone at the moment in Gilroy CA to pull these apart ( So parting out is not an option ) , and I cant do anything with these now or in the near future post surgery.

Anybody want these for 200 ?????
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Wed May 13, 2009 2:00 pm

I would love to take these off of your hands. But I live on the wrong side of the country to be able to pick them up.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

vette45

Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi,

Do you still have these? I live in the Bay Area and I'm interested. PM on its way now.

Wilkie
<<

vette45

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:02 pm

Hi Shadowofnight,

I've tried to PM you several times but the msg keep getting stuck in the outbox and won't get sent. Anyway, I'm very interested in your set of Amazing speakers. Hope you still have them. I'm local so I can come by to get those off your hands on moment notice. Please contact me to let me know one way or the other.

Thanks,
Wilkie
Last edited by vette45 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:35 am

Wilkie; probably NOT a good idea to post your number on the wide-open http://WWW....a reverse lookup online would come up with your address....
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

shadowofnight

Newbie 50+

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:11 pm

I just received all 3 pm's at once ? I had totally forgoted I had posted these here in the newbie area...I had marked them as sold in my original thread...sorry for the confusion. :?

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies