FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:11 am

Need rack handles for a CT-28V... please?

<<

LohnieM

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:53 am

Need rack handles for a CT-28V... please?

Anyone have a set they'd be willing to part with? Is there a set from something else that fits close enough that I could use just for cosmetics?

Any help is appreciated!

Sincerely,

LohnieM
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:04 am

Re: Need rack handles for a CT-28V... please?

Can someone please post that website again, that sells the handles, I can't find it again ](*,)
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:20 am

Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:20 am

HERE

oops. two at once
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:22 am

BillD wrote:HERE

oops. two at once

We are so eager to help!
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:27 am

That's them. thanks guys !
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:45 am

Does anyone know the parts necessary to do M-500 rack handles? I'd love to have a pair for mine.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:53 pm

BillD wrote:Does anyone know the parts necessary to do M-500 rack handles? I'd love to have a pair for mine.

Bill, the only item that is a bit of a problem are the removable rack ears as the handles and ferrules are available off the shelf from Lyntron. The rack ears should not be a problem to make as they are basically angle aluminium extrusions cut to length with the proper mounting holes drilled. Maybe someone has a set on an amp or spare set hanging around that someone could measure or duplicate for you. Might not be a bad idea to have a spare set or 2 made up while you are at it; always someone who wants a set of those on here.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

LohnieM

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:55 am

Sorry, better clarify - the actual handles are fine, it's the aluminum "ears" that are all beat up.

Any ideas?

:(
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:40 pm

LohnieM wrote:Sorry, better clarify - the actual handles are fine, it's the aluminum "ears" that are all beat up.

Any ideas?

:(

I've never seen a CT-28v up close and hadn't realized that it also uses ears, so the same thing applies as for the M-500 series ears. Are they bent out of shape or just scratched? If so, you can easily buff out most of the deeper cratches adn do some touch-ups with either a permanent felt marker on small scratches or by using something to hide scratches on guns which I have been told maytches up quite well and is available at any good gun shop

I seriously doubt that you are going to find a lot of those hanging around so you may wind up having to have some made up if your's are too far gone for simple re-finishing. I'm also thinking at the same ears that were used on many of the Carver CD players would also fit if the vertical casing size is the same.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

ViperZ

M-400t CUBE

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:23 pm

OBI, my CT-28v is rack-mountable :D , and I did post a picture of it ;).
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:53 am

Is it the removable part of the ears that are dinged up?
The reason I ask is if this is the case I can inquire with a friend at the shop who is one of the best chassis and body fabricators you will find anywhere. He also happens to be a metalurgical engineer so he can make ANYTHING out of metal. Since most of the cars are pretty much done he might be willing to "hack" a couple out. Matching the color could be the only hang up because I believe those are anodized which can be done at the shop. I will have to see if that color is available...
Having a couple extra parts for our 28v could come in handy at one point...
btw: have you ever seen someone tig weld the foil that comes inside a pack of cigarettes?

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:00 pm

Rainman wrote:Is it the removable part of the ears that are dinged up?
The reason I ask is if this is the case I can inquire with a friend at the shop who is one of the best chassis and body fabricators you will find anywhere. He also happens to be a metalurgical engineer so he can make ANYTHING out of metal. Since most of the cars are pretty much done he might be willing to "hack" a couple out. Matching the color could be the only hang up because I believe those are anodized which can be done at the shop. I will have to see if that color is available...
Having a couple extra parts for our 28v could come in handy at one point...
btw: have you ever seen someone tig weld the foil that comes inside a pack of cigarettes?

Rainman

watched 2 guys at USMarine tig gum wrappers about 20 years ago. They built the Winston Cup and TransAm cars Baja
Boats was running back in the day.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:21 am

I was quite happy with myself being able to do pop cans... Until I was shown the cig. foil lap weld :shock: After that I suddenly lost the desire to go any further than pop cans..... Incidentally we also build the same stuff that your friends were building when they showed you the gum wrapper welding..
btw: You can not weld the gum wrappers or cig foil anymore because just like everything else these days, the cheap asses don't use real foil anymore!!!!

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:07 pm

Rainman wrote:I was quite happy with myself being able to do pop cans... Until I was shown the cig. foil lap weld :shock: After that I suddenly lost the desire to go any further than pop cans..... Incidentally we also build the same stuff that your friends were building when they showed you the gum wrapper welding..
btw: You can not weld the gum wrappers or cig foil anymore because just like everything else these days, the cheap asses don't use real foil anymore!!!!

Rainman

I noticed that the other day when one of my kids gave me a pice of gum. hell I thought it was just the boutique gum but NO it's all of 'em. SHIT what's happening to the world???

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies